Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any cheap 100GB cloud storage? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any cheap 100GB cloud storage?

2»

Comments

• @manish said:
    Nope. Don't get it. But my pal did and it works and I will keep on updating you if it ever goes kaput.

Thanked by 2dahartigan poisson
  • @creep said:

@manish said:

muffin said: Just look at the ridiculous Lifetime pricing, template like webpage, no company info, no nothing. Would you really trust in that?

Nope. Don't get it. But my pal did and it works and I will keep on updating you if it ever goes kaput.

there is Cloudatcost , with just $49 you will get lifetime VPS with 12GB RAM and 120GB SSD . I think this is a good deal.. Wonder if you are interested with this.

The star next to the price means the price you're looking at is 1/12 of the actual lifetime price.

Yes, utterly stupid and I can't believe they continue to list price this way.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited November 2019

BuyVM + 250GB Block Storage + Nextcloud :smiley:

Thanked by 3jpeng vimalware uptime
  • Thunderdrive is quite scammy it seems. At least pCloud and Degoo have proper ownership details.

Thanked by 2uptime vyas11
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@hzr said:
    I'm also kind of pointing out how ridiculous their terms are. They don't post anywhere at all about even their company name, but have six paragraphs purely dedicated to saying they're going to prosecute people that link to them without written approval

You mean The Thunderdrive?

Wonder how many sites in the search results looked up the Terms.

• ImpactVPS has a 150 GB KVM:

1 Cores
    512MB RAM
    150GB Disk
    600GB Bandwidth
    1 IPv4
    Seattle
    KVM

Thanked by 1uptime
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Hetzner is prem

Thanked by 1uptime
  • okay, sometimes it's helpful to just state the obvious without sarcasm, irony or any sleek wording:
    one-time lifetime payment motivates a company to disappear

• @manish

Not sure I'd trust a company that plagiarizes its pages from other papers/sites. In their security page, they make direct copies from "https://assets.wasabi.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/TechBrief-wasabi-security-systems-and-practices-19.pdf?x21718"... and something tells me it wasn't Wasabi that plagiarized ThunderDrive.

• @FlamesRunner Ok. What do you recommend? I personally would get Jottacloud.com/en/

• Just use 1Fichier. I trust them enough to put one of the copies of my daily backups, and so far nothing terrible has happened.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I never understood their plans. Did you? How does it work?

Hetzner Storage boxes are prem, can't go wrong with them.

Thanked by 2uptime Hetzner_OL
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    Just use 1Fichier. I trust them enough to put one of the copies of my daily backups, and so far nothing terrible has happened.

+1 I too use it and it's really great for price to storage.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jpeng said:
    I would pay for 20+ USD per year.

Google Drive is $19.99/year (or $1.99 a month) for 100GB.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Hetzner. Anybody mentioned Hetzner?

@ITLabs said:
    Hetzner. Anybody mentioned Hetzner?

Oi that's my line, but now you mention it, no I don't think so :joy:

• @jordonr said:
    ImpactVPS has a 150 GB KVM:

1 Cores
    512MB RAM
    150GB Disk
    600GB Bandwidth
    1 IPv4
    Seattle
    KVM

I've got a couple of these and only downside was the 600GB limit I bumped into a couple of times. So get a couple ;)

They don't have the 150GB plan on their website (that I can see), you need to Google for the link to get directly to it. It's $24/year.

P.s. I think you need to mention when affiliate link is used. Not sure if just in signature or not.

• Oracle Free Tier

also keybase offers 250GB of free storage.

• Hello everyone,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Since I need webdav supported (I wrote the script using webdav to fetch and push data), I finally choose gmx.de cloud storage, the price is not cheap:
    100GB: GMX ProMail-Kunden: 3,99 €/Monat

But currently the feature I owned just work fine.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited November 2019

@jpeng said:
    Hello everyone,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Since I need webdav supported (I wrote the script using webdav to fetch and push data), I finally choose gmx.de cloud storage, the price is not cheap:
    100GB: GMX ProMail-Kunden: 3,99 €/Monat

But currently the feature I owned just work fine.

For that price you can get 500 GB with pCloud: https://www.pcloud.com/cloud-storage-pricing-plans.html

I have no problems with their webdav at all for the last couple of years. If you are willing to pay that price, might as well get 5 times the storage with pCloud.

Since you have written a script, I suggest signing up a free pCloud 10GB account to test a smaller amount of data and see how it performs. If the performance is similar to what you have now, I think you should just switch.

Thanked by 2jpeng uptime
  • AnnMAnnM Member
    edited November 2019

Have checked some scalable cloud storage at ryanada truehostcloud cloudpap spam scam shill

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

@AnnM said:
    Have checked some scalable cloud storage at https://www.cloudshit.com/enterprise-cloud-backup/

So you're spamming FakeHostCloud and CloudPope?

cloudpap Offices:
    Address: 106 E 6th St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
    651 N Broad St. Suite 205#927 Middletown, DE 19709

truehostcloud Locations:
    106 E 6th St, Austin, TX 78701, US
    651 N Broad St. Suite 205#927 Middletown, DE 19709

• Time to swat that annoying fly

• Just an FYI: Yandex Disk (webdav etc.) costs about $2 for 120GB ;)

• Backblaze B2 + Rclone