Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turnkeyinternet.net is offering early black Friday deals - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Turnkeyinternet.net is offering early black Friday deals

13»

Comments

• @yongsiklee said:

@somik said:

@yongsiklee said:

@somik said:
    I just got the email from turnkey internet. Looks like a good deal for the services they offer. I've been using them for the last 6 years.

Check it out : https://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/

If you're feeling generous, do click on my refferal link before clicking on the offer link: https://turnkeyinternet.net/refer/20140

Do note that I can't speak on their behalf and I'm only a member of this community and a client of turnkeyinternet.

You work for Turnkey., I feel.
    Turnkey is not cheapest around but has great support though.

Haha, I wish. Unfortunately, first, they are not located in my country, and second, I do not have the qualifications required for the job.

Yes, turnkey is normally quite expensive, so when they emailed me a good offer, I posted it here as PSA. You are free to interpret it in any way you like.

Turnkey heavily advertises their 90 percent cheaper than others all the time for years.
    So do not say they are normally expensive. 90 percent discount is their normal price.

I have emails from them that say otherwise. Since 2014 till 2018 they did not have any server prices bellow $30. I was actually about to leave turnkey this year (and thus I joined this forum to find a cheaper dedicated server) but their 2019 offer was too good.

• My server finally got provisioned. Ordered on friday, got it on Monday.

Please note that you have been give a free upgrade to the i5-750 due to being out of stock of the x3210.

Is i5 750 really better then Xeon x3210 ?

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@somik said:

@yongsiklee said:

@somik said:

@yongsiklee said:

@somik said:
    I just got the email from turnkey internet. Looks like a good deal for the services they offer. I've been using them for the last 6 years.

Check it out : https://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/

If you're feeling generous, do click on my refferal link before clicking on the offer link: https://turnkeyinternet.net/refer/20140

Do note that I can't speak on their behalf and I'm only a member of this community and a client of turnkeyinternet.

You work for Turnkey., I feel.
    Turnkey is not cheapest around but has great support though.

Haha, I wish. Unfortunately, first, they are not located in my country, and second, I do not have the qualifications required for the job.

Yes, turnkey is normally quite expensive, so when they emailed me a good offer, I posted it here as PSA. You are free to interpret it in any way you like.

Turnkey heavily advertises their 90 percent cheaper than others all the time for years.
    So do not say they are normally expensive. 90 percent discount is their normal price.

I have emails from them that say otherwise. Since 2014 till 2018 they did not have any server prices bellow $30. I was actually about to leave turnkey this year (and thus I joined this forum to find a cheaper dedicated server) but their 2019 offer was too good.

I also noticed they have offers below $30 on dedi which had not been present before.
    The below-$30 offers look interesting.

But I still do not like their marketing strategy that 90 petcent offer is expiring in xx hours when it repeats itself over and over again, not expiring ever.

• @yongsiklee said:
    But I still do not like their marketing strategy that 90 petcent offer is expiring in xx hours when it repeats itself over and over again, not expiring ever.

Ah, the phrase you are looking for is the "year long black friday". Honestly speaking, I used the exact same link in 2013 to sign up for the server. The offer link has been up until today, only the offer prices goes up and down.

• I, too, dislike the "every day is Black Friday" spiel. But I did notice one thing this year, they are doubling the $4.99 KVM to 4 GB RAM and 40 GB SSD. That's pretty competitive. Have never tried their VPSes though, it's tempting but I don't need it after gorging on the Virmach rotating deals last year (sigh).

• @bayarea15 said:
    I, too, dislike the "every day is Black Friday" spiel. But I did notice one thing this year, they are doubling the $4.99 KVM to 4 GB RAM and 40 GB SSD. That's pretty competitive. Have never tried their VPSes though, it's tempting but I don't need it after gorging on the Virmach rotating deals last year (sigh).

Yeah, their BF offers this year are pretty competitive, I agree.

By the way (this is more addressed to @somik ), I asked in a ticket about the possibility of custom ISOs on their KVM VPSes, and they answered that it was possible but that one needed to open a ticket for a custom ISO. (As far as I can tell, their control panel is SolusVM.)

• @angstrom said:

@bayarea15 said:
    I, too, dislike the "every day is Black Friday" spiel. But I did notice one thing this year, they are doubling the $4.99 KVM to 4 GB RAM and 40 GB SSD. That's pretty competitive. Have never tried their VPSes though, it's tempting but I don't need it after gorging on the Virmach rotating deals last year (sigh).

By the way (this is more addressed to @somik ), I asked in a ticket about the possibility of custom ISOs on their KVM VPSes, and they answered that it was possible but that one needed to open a ticket for a custom ISO. (As far as I can tell, their control panel is SolusVM.)

Same answer for their dedis. Open support ticket and they'll install the custom iso for you. OS reinstallation is free once every month.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @somik said:

@angstrom said:

@bayarea15 said:

Same answer for their dedis. Open support ticket and they'll install the custom iso for you. OS reinstallation is free once every month.

I haven't yet decided whether to get one of their KVMs -- I wanted to wait to see what other offers I might find on BF. :smile:

• Turnkey is cheap for a reason: no support, locked into annual contract, so you're SOL

• @somik said:

I was feeling generous so I clicked on your referral link before clicking on the offer link. But I didn't buy anything.

• @alilet said:

@somik said:

I was feeling generous so I clicked on your referral link before clicking on the offer link. But I didn't buy anything.

LOL, thanks! Next time I put one with refferal, I'll remember to ask to buy as well :tongue: