Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a dedi in Germany?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a dedi in Germany?

Which are the options?I wish to compare them to hetzner ? I know that hetzner is probably the cheapest option but i wish to have the chance to compare them with another providers.

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

Hetzner, tks.

Edit: then...

• Contabo
    • Datapacket
    • EUserv
    • Netcup
    • OVH
  • You can try Webtropia

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • @ITLabs said:
    Hetzner, tks.

Edit: then...

• Contabo
    • Datapacket
    • EUserv
    • Netcup
    • OVH

Hetzner is the best
    Contabo offers with high pricing
    Datapacket with crazy high pricing
    EUserv offers worse thing that hetzner
    Netcup i must have a company
    OVH bad experiences

so you are completely right , hetzner winner

• I agree, Hetzner is great! Their support is amazing and the prices are very affordable.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • From asking for shared hosting for WP to reccos for Dedi. That is a very fast transition that deserves a hat tip.

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • Hetzner.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @vyas11 said:
    From asking for shared hosting for WP to reccos for Dedi. That is a very fast transition that deserves a hat tip.

In fact i am using VPS right now so i just think about the next step :)

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • @vyas11 said:

DEDI Power !!! In the near future . I am paying 40 euros for a vps monthly and the next move would be 60 euros per month or 70 for a dedi .......i guess i am going to try a dedi at my own risk

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Did anyone mention Hetzner?

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL Ouji
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Hetzner? What's that?

Hetzner is this prem hosting company in Germany and Finland. I'm not sure if people have heard of them before. But they are very prem indeed.

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL Ouji
  • @Jord said:

Do you mean Heinz?

@ITLabs said:

@Jord said:

Do you mean Heinz?

Well sir, Heinz Baked Beanz are prem also.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • Netcup Webtropia Contabo PHP-Friends
    Some of them may not provide dedicated server but they have vServer/Root-Server whose resources are dedicated and could be used 100%.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2019

Is it this thing?

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

Or this Heinz (building in Gurugram, India)

Got a better one for OP..

Inspired by what I recall used to be the Visa card jingle...

every day and every hour, I've got the Dedi power...

(Server downtime excluded)

Thanked by 2Chievo ITLabs
  • HostinganIDHostinganID Member
    edited November 2019

Hetzner if you need good server and services overall.

Ovh if you did not need any support

• edited November 2019

@CConner said:
    Hetzner? What's that?

Its a known OVH bug, that gives you better pricing/service/support.

• Contabo has awesome support, also if you just have a 9€ VPS, also free by phone.
    Avoid Netcup as you can, looks good, but it is horrible support and systems.

Thanked by 1Ympker

Did someone mention Hetzner?

• an option can be MyLoc / ServDiscount

• @kalipus may tell why to avoid netcup?
    what's wrong with their systems?

• @adamus007p said:
    @kalipus may tell why to avoid netcup?

I think they doing colo with Hetzner or just reselling dedis as VPS from there. Never had any problems there, but i can speak german and they mostly do german support.

• @Babynemo said:

@adamus007p said:

I think they doing colo with Hetzner or just reselling dedis as VPS from there. Never had any problems there, but i can speak german and they mostly do german support.

They are colocated in Nuremberg with Hetzner I believe, but use their own network and hardware completely.

• @Babynemo said:

@adamus007p said:

They are nice. Unfortunately you must be a company for a dedicated server and the ssh is on german.

• kalipuskalipus Member
    edited December 2019

@adamus007p said:

It works so far, it has good performance for the price, but for example, you have to pay much for transfer, for extras or IP's and if you have a problem the support is very incompetent and arrogant.

For example, they had maintenance, which they "informed" me (the customer) in one email about 1 month before the maintenance in just one inline sentence and on that day I was working on the system, then suddenly it just went off for 15 minutes.

The email was about the Intel CPU bug and I thought it was a customer information mail, because that was what the header said and the first sentences, so I just ignored it.

Seriously hosters sent about 3-10 emails for such big offline times and do that a couple of times, also in a well-formated HTML email, where you can clearly see when it will be offline and also a few days before (Kamp.de did that for example 10 times day before they changed the IP address).

I really regret it to moved from contabo to netcup (again), just because of better performance for the price, but thinking really about getting back, because their support on Contabo is really great, nice, qualified and is 24/7 hotline support, also if you are just a small private customer with one 9€ server they were always engaged.
    On Netcup I am always praying that everything is fine when I am using their panels, just to avoid the "support".

You can also read not good employee reviews about Netcup and they searching for about 8 months new ones, so that is clearly a warning sign for a company that has such a good market placement.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    Thanked by 1Chievo