Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Solved]Does Soyoustart have the same network with OVH?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Solved]Does Soyoustart have the same network with OVH?

kennsannkennsann Member
edited November 2019 in Help

I'm looking at their SYS gameserver since it has 25% flash sale right now, but I can't seem to find their LG. Can I use the LG of OVH to benchmark SYS's network?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
  • I know that already. Can I use that to benchmark SYS's network?

edited November 2019

@kennsann said:

I know that already. Can I use that to benchmark SYS's network?

How? downloading a file over a web server? it is not a good method to "benchmark" a network. There are many things that can cause it to be inaccurate, like I only get 9MB/s to their official one and I'm on gigabit fiber. They don't have an official one for BHS, only their main France network.

• Probably wrong choice of word with benchmark. More of, know if it has good ping and such other test via the LG.

Really besides the question tbh.

The question revolves around, knowing SYS is actually just OVH, will the OVH LG be the same test for SYS.

• NVM, found my answer. Thanks anyway.

@kennsann Yes, the OVH network is all the same, the only difference is port limitations and access to the network firewalls which their cheaper brands don't get fully.

• @MikeA said:
    @kennsann Yes, the OVH network is all the same, the only difference is port limitations and access to the network firewalls which their cheaper brands don't get fully.

That was the answer I was looking for.