Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 USD Hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 USD Hosting

2»

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited November 2019

Edit: Amitz reaches unbearable levels

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

Potassium turns potatoes purple.

In honour of Amitz, this phenomenon is called The Amitz Effect.

Inspired by the behaviour of iodine that turns starchy potato blue without any physical violence or choking.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I duly approve of the notion: The Amitz Effect.

• @deank said:
    I duly approve of the notion: The Amitz Effect.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

As per Grover, the only trusted source for news these days:

lowendtalk.com

There is a huge 'potatoe' on Phobos, one of Mars' moons

October 7, 2019 - Janevski

Missions have been sent to Mars just like this one. Eagle scout Melahn has spotted a giant dot

Owen Paterson, a Phobos-Kepler passenger spacewalker, wrote that the North Reef that we see from the telescopes of space is often the “pit of the six volcanoes.” Another part of Phobos is the North Reef.

These long, smooth sections of the moon are sometimes described as the potatoe “of the six volcanoes.”

The towering six volcanoes on Phobos might be intentionally sunken portions of the moon. These volcanoes don’t have names as they have names as known geological formations.

In place of names of these volcanoes, the names could be derived from geological formations. The one that this one looks like, the moon looks like.

The Phobos lava tubes have appeared around the crater we’ve had name Phobos-Titanis, and the boulder-strewn north reef was named after the astronomer Tambora after he found evidence of a massive volcano in the asteroid belt.

Previous missions that look into the Phobos moon have confirmed these lavas are nearby and are accessible to visitors, but the locations have never been fully understood. So now is a good time to have a clear look at these lava tubes as the Kopernikov Unit (KYU) satellite continues its MAVEN mission on Mars to go closer to the moon. The GOES-16 weather satellite is also going to be able to see the huge moat as it comes closer to Mars on Oct. 16.

There is another “potatoe” on the other side of Mars. The Mars moon of Deimos looks like a round circle, but look very close, and you’ll see a strange dot hiding in the bottom of that round sphere.

This is the odd looking blimp-like interplanetary hill that has been repeatedly spotted in the charts of moons and Mars by NASA’s OMB-21 Mission.

That mystery is clarified in another report from Lesceneau on how the Deimos hill is shaped. If you look at the blimp-like shape with the same mathematical requirements as the Phobos lava tubes, the path of the hill fits nicely. The sides of the moon follow the trajectory of the moon’s orbit. The geologic form has four forks that neatly fit into one other, and the shapes are highly fragmented making it very small and delicate.

Just like Phobos and Ophiuchus, the black dot we see in the lower right corner is the Deimos lava hilt. This was something that astronomer Nick Rossi first noticed when he saw this hill, as predicted on the scientific map of the moon.

Currently, the Terrestrial Planet Finder spacecraft on orbit is close enough to see the other moons that orbit Mars. This is the most detailed picture of the Martian moons yet.

Image Credit: OMB-21 Mission

More on the Weirdness of Mars

ScienceX News

EDIT7: When asked for a comment, Amitz could neither confirm nor deny any knowledge of a mission to Mars.

Thanked by 2Janevski ITLabs
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited November 2019

I, i, î...
    I don't know what to say.
    For once, there is no potassium in the mind, but peace and silence.
    All these years of potatoes and vitamin B12 deficiency, weren't in vain.

This, this is a sign of divine potatoessness.
    I am so proud of all of you.