Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Security Analysis of Alternative Web Hosting Control Panels by Rack911 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Latest Security Analysis of Alternative Web Hosting Control Panels by Rack911

Comments

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2019

@cyberpersons Integrated CSF means I keep going back for a look at cyberpanel. ;) Time to figure out munin for it, methinks.. goes off to check it out.

(Could do with a (semi-)live httpd status, showing URL access, like WHM has.)

• @AlwaysSkint I am not sure If I understand you correctly, but CSF guys did the native implementation for CyberPanel. If you now install CSF from CyberPanel you can access its GUI from :8090/configservercse/

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2019

^ Thanks, but you misunderstood: having an integrated CSF is a major appeal.
    Much as I like your panel, especially with the low disc/CPU overhead, I'll need to concentrate on other ones. I hadn't realised the implications of OLS rather than Apache; this came to light when I wanted to password protect the munin installation.
    I wish you well with this control panel though.

• I played with VestaCP a while ago and posted on the VestaCP forum about it and the devs answered me. I wonder if that security reviewer also posted there. I didn't try contacting the Vesta devs directly.

• dpecadpeca Member
    edited November 2019

bikegremlin said:

"In fact, all three vulnerabilities are fixed on VestaCP - before 4 months - just nobody wanted to check it -
    https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/commit/743476ad73e4cd3b6efc4be61ed190d5f8dfc28d

Link for fixes is sent to Patrick - but Patrick expected from VestaCP devs to check fixes - but nobody did it at the end."

That's right.
    As Patrick already confirmed on WHT, he just waited Serghey to confirm if security fixes went to production.

Secuity fixes are pushed in production on August 15 when v25 is released - https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/commit/868dd8b146e76ea3c83c26855ae2f60b22d989d2
    (since fixes are in master branch, everything went to production automatically)

• Notwithstanding the negative publicity about VestaCP, it's time I gave it another look.

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    Notwithstanding the negative publicity about VestaCP, it's time I gave it another look.

I would suggest the MyVestaCP fork.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • please next include tinycp v2 tinycp.com

• @bikegremlin said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Notwithstanding the negative publicity about VestaCP, it's time I gave it another look.

I've been trying MyVesta on my new dedi but I have an issue with not being able to install ioncube which is necessary for a softaculous install.

• @shillshocked said:

@bikegremlin said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

I've been trying MyVesta on my new dedi but I have an issue with not being able to install ioncube which is necessary for a softaculous install.

I'd ask the developer - @dpeca for info / help.
    I'd say his English is a bit worse than mine, but they have been very supportive within the community - at least they always gave me straight forward answers / advice which have saved me a lot of time on occasions (we're from the same country so communicated in our native).

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@pullangcubo said:
    It's a shame that https://www.keyhelp.de/en/ isn't that famous as the other free control panels as I really wanted to know how they fared.

Indeed, Keyhelp is awesome and definitely the best panel I've ever used!

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • VestaCP did experience two major problems last year. Seems they improved a lot.

• @shillshocked said:

@bikegremlin said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

You solved this?, i'm facing the same issue

• shillshockedshillshocked Member
    edited November 2019

@donko said:

@shillshocked said:

@bikegremlin said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

I got my brother-in-law who's a computer genius and he installed softaculous manually somehow. No idea how he did it, I couldn't overcome the hurdle. But he still needs to determine my MySQL password (maybe it's blank?).

I wish that guy allowed issues on his github page...I've been meaning to try and track him down to ask. If you can locate him you could get a direct solution I suppose.

• I'm working on solving softaculous issues on myVesta.
    I hope I'll solve it in next 4 days.

Thanked by 2donko bikegremlin
  • How do I stop getting emails from LET that someone posted in this thread?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@TimboJones said:
    How do I stop getting emails from LET that someone posted in this thread?

Is the star yellow at the top of the thread? If so you've bookmarked it. Just click that and it will stop the notifications. Or well it should.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Jord said:

@TimboJones said:

Is the star yellow at the top of the thread? If so you've bookmarked it. Just click that and it will stop the notifications. Or well it should.

Home › Profile › Notification Preferences › Notification Preferences
    Then un-check email notifications.

Thanked by 2TimboJones webcraft
  • @Jord said:

@TimboJones said:

No yellow star showing for me on mobile.

@TimboJones said:

@Jord said:

@TimboJones said:

No yellow star showing for me on mobile.

Then I have no idea, check when you get onto your PC.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @bikegremlin said:

@Jord said:

@TimboJones said:

No Notification Preferences on mobile.

It's only this thread, so I'm expecting the yellow star to unsubscribe once I get to a desktop.

Thanks!

@TimboJones said:

@bikegremlin said:

@Jord said:

@TimboJones said:

No Notification Preferences on mobile.

It's only this thread, so I'm expecting the yellow star to unsubscribe once I get to a desktop.

Thanks!

No problem sir, if you can't get it to stop let me know.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • shillshocked said: I wish that guy allowed issues on his github page...

I wasn't aware of that.
    I will allow it tomorrow morning.
    Sorry for this issue :)

Thanked by 1shillshocked
  • @dpeca said:

shillshocked said: I wish that guy allowed issues on his github page...

I wasn't aware of that.

@donko , @shillshocked

Most of the communication with @dpeca has been done via local communication channels (Serbian hosting facebook group and Serbian VestaCP Facebook group).

About the author ( @dpeca on LET ):

Judging by the amount of help provided in local community, it is my impression that Predrag is very professional, hard working and willing to help. I only wish that some time in the future, I'll have both the time and the knowledge to contribute more.

So I'm sure things will get sorted out.

P.S. This advert was paid - over 9000! potassium and 4 pigeons.

Thanked by 2donko shillshocked
  • @donko said:

@shillshocked said:

@bikegremlin said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@bikegremlin said:

@dpeca said:

I wasn't aware of that.

@donko , @shillshocked

Most of the communication with @dpeca has been done via local communication channels (Serbian hosting facebook group and Serbian VestaCP Facebook group).

Judging by the amount of help provided in local community, it is my impression that Predrag is very professional, hard working and willing to help. I only wish that some time in the future, I'll have both the time and the knowledge to contribute more.

Good news. Can you link me those pages?

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited November 2019

@shillshocked said:

@donko said:

@shillshocked said:

@bikegremlin said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@bikegremlin said:

@dpeca said:

I wasn't aware of that.

@donko , @shillshocked

Good news. Can you link me those pages?

This would be my go-to for MyVestaCP (it is in Serbian):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VestaCPSrbija/

Though I personally prefer forums to Facebook, suggesting @dpeca to make a MyVestaCP thread here (if it's allowed - would ask @Jord for confirmation).

Thanked by 1pkr
  • shillshocked said: I wish that guy allowed issues on his github page...

I think it's enabled now.

• Froxlor ! The best CP

• @ll70 said:
    Froxlor ! The best CP

Congrats on your second comment

• They showed the vulnerabilities of the free control panels but didn't show the vulnerabilities for the paid ones (cPanel, DirectAdmin, Interworx). Anyone have details about the vulnerabilities those panels have to show a true comparison?