Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a new web hosting provider (annual preferred)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a new web hosting provider (annual preferred)

GuineaGuinea Member
edited October 2019 in Providers

Ok so, for a while I've been using "SolvedByData" to host all of my sites, it was fine for a while, but as other reviews before me suggested, about a week ago it became absolute shit, my sites are only up 25% of the time and even when they are, its un-usuably slow... I've tried contacting their support to no avail, I would HIGHLY recommend that everyone STAY AWAY from this host.. Anyways, I now need a new host, im looking for a RELIABLE and well known cpanel shared hosting provider that isint one of these cheap "works-for-a-month" resellers. As the title suggests, im also looking for annual pricing. If anyone could suggest one, that would be great! And yes, I am going to get a refund one way or another for my current host..

Comments

• RossGRossG Member, Host Rep

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your current host.

I've got some shared cPanel plans (https://gnu-host.com/website-hosting) - let me know if you'd like to try one out :)

• FootKaputFootKaput Member
    edited October 2019

It's a consistent theme that providers on lowendbox.com are bottom-of-the-barrel. Read through comments if you need reassurance of that statement. https://lowendbox.com/tag/solvedbydata/

Did you check out the Shared Hosting Offers here on this forum? Most are pretty good, members will call them out if they aren't. Just a heads up, some of the hosts here won't talk much about cPanel, due to their recent price increases. DirectAdmin has been the new go-to, it seems.

Lastly, please include your budget, location, and hardware/space requirements to get better recommendations.

• @FootKaput said:

Did you check out the Shared Hosting Offers here on this forum? Most are pretty good, members will call them out if they aren't.

You're going to want to scroll down a bit or skip to page two if you want to avoid my face.

Thanked by 3seriesn vyas11 iKeyZ
  • @Guinea said:
    Ok so, for a while I've been using "SolvedByData" to host all of my sites, it was fine for a while, but as other reviews before me suggested, about a week ago it became absolute shit, my sites are only up 25% of the time and even when they are, its un-usuably slow... I've tried contacting their support to no avail, I would HIGHLY recommend that everyone STAY AWAY from this host.. Anyways, I now need a new host, im looking for a RELIABLE and well known cpanel shared hosting provider that isint one of these cheap "works-for-a-month" resellers. As the title suggests, im also looking for annual pricing. If anyone could suggest one, that would be great! And yes, I am going to get a refund one way or another for my current host..

It would help if you specified how much resources you need.

Thanked by 1malek
  • HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2019

Hey! We got some cpanel hosting , https://hostup.org/webhosting. It comes with blazing fast NGINX and is located in the Netherlands.

Feel free to reach out if you're interested :smile:

• As for specs, I dont need alot, to be safe I would want atleast 10gb disk space, 10 domains, etc.

• @Guinea said:
    As for specs, I dont need alot, to be safe I would want atleast 10gb disk space, 10 domains, etc.

VPShared Shared-10 - $10/year.
    https://vpshared.com/cheap-website-hosting/

BuyShared Shared 20G - $18/year,
    https://buyshared.net/shared-cpanel-hosting/

Thanked by 1Guinea
  • GuineaGuinea Member
    edited October 2019

Since BuyShared dosent have any available in the US location, im wondering, would my site be noticeably slower if I were to get the $18/year plan in the EU location and ran everything through cloudflare? (Im in the US)

(Probably not going to use VPShared because i've heard mixed reviews about VirMach)

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2019

@Guinea said:
    Since BuyShared dosent have any available in the US location, im wondering, would my site be noticeably slower if I were to get the $18/year plan in the EU location?

(Probably not going to use VPShared because i've heard mixed reviews about VirMach)

Sign up on the BuyVMStock notification server which will send you an email when the Buyshared plan you want has an opening (happens frequently):
    https://buyvmstock.com/

It's less than a month until Black Friday, you may just want to wait to see what deals present themselves.

Thanked by 1Guinea
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

hello @Guinea - in addition to the solid suggestions and offers already posted, for cPanel shared hosting with servers in the USA I would also recommend checking with:

• drServer (@radi) - good location in Dallas, advertised as "premium" - may be out of your preferred budget, just including here as an option for future reference
    • extraVM (@MikeA) - actually might just be serving cPanel out of Montreal (if any still available) - I'm recommending anyway due to great price and a trustworthy service
    • @HostEONS - I have good experience with their proactive support and uptime in Los Angeles - great prices for generous resources
    • @hostens - another established provider with affordable plans

Also, if I can add a more general suggestion - it might be worth checking with a few of the quality providers doing shared hosting with DirectAdmin. Their licensing costs will be more manageable going forward, in case you find yourself wanting more accounts to manage multiple sites:

EDIT2: some recommended reading from @Ympker:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/155668/looking-for-shared-hosting-check-out-my-shared-reseller-provider-comparison-chart-to-be-updated/p1

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

As always a great set of recommendations by uptime.
    One may also add @gestiondbi to the DA list.

Haven't tried the Shared hosting plans by Nexusbytes but based on my (rather long) discussions with @seriesn and my current VPS plan - I'd put them on the list too.

The great thing about the list of recommendations is Problem of Plenty - that is, problem of plenty of great options. Which is far better than the plenty of problems @Guinea may have faced.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Thank you for the recommendation @uptime!

We would definitely be more than glad to host the OP's sites.

• Hello @MikePT - might be an opportune moment to note that you assist with migration from cPanel - if I remember correctly?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@uptime said:
    Hello @MikePT - might be an opportune moment to note that you assist with migration from cPanel - if I remember correctly?

Yep. All free of charge! :)

• @Guinea you've been uptimed

• MikePT said: Yep.

Awesomeness!

Also seeing support for migration from cPanel from smallweb (as per their FAQ) - and might confirm with @AnthonySmith and @Francisco that they may be more than willing and able to facilitate moving to DirectAdmin as well. :)

Thanked by 2MichaelCee MikePT
  • People have already pointed you in the right direction. If you need some technical details, feel free to use my comparison chart mentioned by @uptime ;)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • donlidonli Member
    edited October 2019

@uptime said:

MikePT said: Yep.

Awesomeness!

Also seeing support for migration from cPanel from smallweb (as per their FAQ) - and might confirm with @AnthonySmith and @Francisco that they may be more than willing and able to facilitate moving to DirectAdmin as well. :)

BuyShared is still cPanel for the regular plans.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2019

@Guinea If Montreal will work it is only 8ms from New Jersey networks and to Chicago networks. My old promo plan have 5 in stock right now for you or anyone who might want one.

$14/year https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=199
    5GB NVMe
    Unlimited BW
    10 Addon Domains
    JetBackup, Softaculous, Litespeed, High CloudLinux/LVE Limits

Extra 10GB NVMe space is $2/m, but if you only need an extra 5GB (10GB total) I will do it for $1/m for you.

If you end up not liking it for some reason you can request a refund anytime in the first year, just mention this thread.

Thanked by 2uptime Guinea
  • GuineaGuinea Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, i'll definitely be looking into some of these today!

• Thank you for the recommendation @vyas11 :)

@Guinea feel free to try us out (literally free :smiley: ).

Currently working on a new set of plans that should go live this sunday :)

• Hey everyone, I ended up going with BuyShared, mostly because I have had very good experiences in the past with BuyVM, I know they are dependable, and their pricing was very reasonable. Thanks again for all the offers though!

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@Guinea said:
    Hey everyone, I ended up going with BuyShared, mostly because I have had very good experiences in the past with BuyVM, I know they are dependable, and their pricing was very reasonable. Thanks again for all the offers though!

Glad to see you found a good host (the who), and also updating with the reasons (the why).
    Thx for closing the loop.

Most discussions where OPs ask for recommendations end with neither piece of information.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • king8654king8654 Member
    edited November 2019

@Guinea said:
    Hey everyone, I ended up going with BuyShared, mostly because I have had very good experiences in the past with BuyVM, I know they are dependable, and their pricing was very reasonable. Thanks again for all the offers though!

Great choice, currently finishing up a WordPress site hosted with them for a client and back/front end have been quick to load and refresh throughout. Fran also offers great support if you have any problems

Thanked by 2Guinea Francisco
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

Congratulations on spamming within half and hour Five minutes of registration.
    Flagged

Thanked by 2ITLabs DP
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@vyas11 said:

Congratulations on spamming within half and hour of registration.
    Flagged

LOL.

Thought I could smell something fishy! :joy:

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Thank you, I have filled out the form. Hope you like my response :joy:

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @Jord said:

Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us improve our ability to move forward in mysterious ways.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@ITLabs said:

@Jord said:

Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us improve our ability to move forward in mysterious ways.

That is what I like to hear sir.

Thanked by 1ITLabs