Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner server transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner server transfer

I'm about to cancel my hetzner auction server after using it for around 1 and a half years due to my project ending.
I grabbed it on auction at an all time low of EUR 22.69 so i thought maybe someone would be interested in grabbing it from me.

Specs:
CPU Intel Core i7-4770
HDD 2x HDD SATA 2,0 TB Enterprise
RAM 4x RAM 8192 MB DDR3

Price: EUR 22.69

Anyone interested? If you are feeling generous, you can buy me a coffee :)

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Location?

• @Mr_Tom said:
    Location?

FSN1-DC11

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom

Shineful said: FSN1-DC11

Thanks. Interested

• Shineful said: all time low of EUR 22.69

close, but not all time low ;-) good box, definitely a keeper. sadly have no use for it right now...

Intel Xeon E3-1246V3, 2x HDD SATA 2,0 TB Enterprise, 4x RAM 8192 MB DDR3 @ 21.85 here - if I remember correctly same box with i7-4770 all time low was 21€ :-D

• I'd be right on this but want the 3tb or larger disks in some of the other auction servers.

• is this still available?

• @robohost said:
    is this still available?

Yes

• Good box. I have it at the exact same price.

Could you post the disks 'smartctl - a' output? I'm sure it will get snapped up in no time.

edited October 2019

Falzo said: Intel Xeon E3-1246V3, 2x HDD SATA 2,0 TB Enterprise, 4x RAM 8192 MB DDR3 @ 21.85 here - if I remember correctly same box with i7-4770 all time low was 21€ :-D

I picked up a similar E3-1245, 16gb ECC, 2 x 3tb ent for 21.85 a while back now which has done well. Hours were a little high on the drives but they're still spinning

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Mr_Tom said:

Falzo said: Intel Xeon E3-1246V3, 2x HDD SATA 2,0 TB Enterprise, 4x RAM 8192 MB DDR3 @ 21.85 here - if I remember correctly same box with i7-4770 all time low was 21€ :-D

I picked up a similar E3-1245, 16gb ECC, 2 x 3tb ent for 21.85 a while back now which has done well. Hours were a little high on the drives but they're still spinning

I am very happy with that one, hours are 31k+16k on mine (raid1 anyway) and meanwhile have 2x500GB SSDs added to it, which makes the whole thing even better ;-)

Falzo said: hours are 31k+16k on mine

That's not too bad. Can't remember what they were on when I picked up the box but they're around 65k now. The downside is both drives have done identical hours so are probably the original pair.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I sent a pm :)

• Mr_Tom said: but they're around 65k now

yeah that makes sense, I had a few servers with 3TB drives as well... I guess 7-8 years back when they released the EX line first, hetzner pulled a cociu on the harddrive market for 3TB HDDs ;-)
    most of them where consumer grade seagates and hitachis if I remember correctly. my 2TB are WD raid editions though, and nowadays I think it's more toshiba drives... but am not sure about the 4 or 8 TB ones.

• If this hasn't gone yet, I'll take it :-)

• Thanks for the interest guys, have already transferred now.

Thanked by 1Falzo

Falzo said: consumer grade seagates

These are Seagate Constellation ES.2 which Hetzner classes as Enterprise (whether that's true or not I don't know lol).