Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching used 1/2U Server(s)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching used 1/2U Server(s)

As i run into RAM issues with ZFS on a socket 1155 system (32GB...) i'm searching for a used replacement.

Ideally i'd want:

• 1 or 2U
  • Dual CPU, should get a total 7000 CPU bench or better (E5420 or better), prefer Intel
  • support for at least 8x DDR2/3 ECC RAM (DDR2 should be ok also)
  • 8 (1U) or 10+ (2U) Hotswap 2,5" bays with SAS or SATA backend to use own controller
  • 1x PCIe x16 and onboard non-broadcom 1Gbit ethernet or 1x PCIe x16 and 1x PCIe x4 (Gen 1 is fine)
  • ILO/IPMI/KVM would be nice
  • EU shipping

Anyone?

Comments

• Checked ebay UK?

• I noticed a guy on Ebay from Belgium selling some l5520s regularly.. would be the HP 8 bay version if i recall.

• Ebay is a good place, Also you can check a few websites that refurbish them.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

If you go the eBay, verify that your seller has some sort of return policy and test all the equipment thoroughly before deploying the server.

We've had some customers who've co-located used eBay servers with us and they seem to generally have a higher rate of failure.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Reece said: I noticed a guy on Ebay from Belgium selling some l5520s regularly.. would be the HP 8 bay version if i recall.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/pc-sistem

This guy has a lot of offers, just got 2 servers from him.

Thanked by 1gbshouse
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2013

Holy shit that is cheap for something with DDR3, Thanks @Maounique

• @Maounique said:
    This guy has a lot of offers, just got 2 servers from him.

That's the guy :P

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@William said:
    Holy shit that is cheap for something with DDR3, Thanks Maounique

NP, just call him, he may do custom and does invoices without VAT (the ebay price includes VAT)