Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner - New AX41 - 39 Euro - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner - New AX41 - 39 Euro

2»

Comments

• I would love to see a 3900x or 3950x!!
    The installation cost for the EPYC is quite expansive (120e...) like a month worth of.

• fLoofLoo Member

Thanks for reviving a 5 month old thread.

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited April 2020

@fLoo said:
    Thanks for reviving a 5 month old thread.

Me too
    Pointless indeed bumping this thread

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@Karibu said:
    I would love to see a 3900x or 3950x!!
    The installation cost for the EPYC is quite expansive (120e...) like a month worth of.

Isn't that literally the case for all of their models lol?

• Yes true...
    Anyway I took 1 EPYC ;)

• extremecarverextremecarver Member
    edited August 2021

Not sure if bumping is worse or putting up a new topic - but when do you expect AX42 to replace AX41... Ryzen 5 5600(X/G) seem to be in good supply by now - and are around the same price as Ryzen 5 3600 when they first appeared. RAM is more expensive, NVME/HDD prices have fallen.

New AX41 in Helsinki right now come with asrock rack b565d4-v1l x570 chipset and Samsung PM9A1 - so its PCI 4 already and the mainboard is Ryzen 5000 capable. I am pretty sure Ryzen 5 5600 at Hetzner will come soon. Will they replace 3600 or add it at intermediary price point to cash in more?

I need to upgrade an older server (only upgrade every 4-5 years or so because it takes quite some work) - and would wait out 2-4 if we can expect expect Ryzen 5600 to replace Ryzen 3600 soon for same price.

BTW - only one NVME slot is PCIe 4.0 - so if running raid it's PCIe 3.0 speeds. AS SSD sequential is 5500/4000 (read/write) vs 2000/3800 (read/write) depending on the slot. So if those boards are kept for Ryzen 5000 - not really PCIe 4.0 speeds (for me that matters a bit - but I doubt we get soon double PCIe 4.0 boards for AMD at hetzner).

• Fkin necro..