Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which location is better for USA?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which location is better for USA?

ChievoChievo Member
edited October 2019 in General

Las vegas buyvm or new york buyvm Which location is better for USA?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2019

Um... from where? because those two locations are on opposite sides of sanity.

USA is not a tiny country, you know.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

Where are you? East coast? West coast? Please specify latitude, longitude and elevation. Tks

• @deank said:
    Um... from where? because those two locations are on opposite sides of sanity.

USA is not a tiny country, you know.

I know I mean generally speaking. I do not have a map of the us conexión and how many jumps would receive both locations.Any advice ? The target is the full USA population justo general website

• @ITLabs said:
    Where are you? East coast? West coast? Please specify latitude, longitude and elevation. Tks

My target is USA not any specific region

My suggestion is that you flip a coin and go from there.

• @ITLabs said:

Sometimes you make me laugh... Not like a clown... more like a happy troll (more than @deank).

Thanked by 1ITLabs

I am not a troll. I am Amitz, you Peruvian double-headed monkey.

Thanked by 1imok
  • Do you know about ping and traceroute?

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

Just setup VMs at Las Vegas and New Jersey, sync your content and use anycast.

Edit: Anycast requires that you have VPS instances (either KVM or OpenVZ) in all BuyVM locations.

Interesting... never thought about that. Can anyone clarify if anycast could be used only within USA locations? I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

• @donli said:
    Do you know about ping and traceroute?

I cant do it in different cities so i am unable To run them

• @Chievo said:

@donli said:
    Do you know about ping and traceroute?

I cant do it in different cities so i am unable To run them

i believe the process is reverse, from the server to you. Not the opposite

starts here https://speedtest.lv.buyvm.net/ (buyvm LA) and do traceroute or ping to your ip

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Whatever it is, I'd just go for BuyVM's LV location since there's Block Storage Slabs if it's ever needed in future.

• @ITLabs said:

Also ask declination, right ascension, helio radial velocity and absolute magnitude just to be safe.

Thanked by 2ITLabs kkrajk
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Why choose one if you can have both.
    If you can grab three slices you can build some fancy anycast stuff on top of it.
    If you are smart enough and your applications allows it, you can run a high available cluster system with nearest anycast routing for small budget.
    Just to throw in some potential ideas. ;)

• If the target is the US population as a whole then the geographic center of population is closer to NY.

Thanked by 2uptime vyas11
  • king8654king8654 Member
    edited October 2019

If your going to need space, definitely their LV data center for the slab storage. Great pricing and fast throughput, also almost infinitely expandable

$5/tb

But ttfb and speed wise, few extra ms is not going to make a difference for anything short of mission critical

• If it is just a website (not time sensitive response based) it doesn't matter...

If you are still worried.. just cloudflare it

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Do you need block storage? If so, LV is the only POP with it.

NY & LU will be in the spring.

Francisco

Thanked by 1pike
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited October 2019

Whatever it is, I'd just go for BuyVM's LV location since there's Block Storage Slabs if it's ever needed in future.

On top of what I've said earlier, come to think of it, if you're just asking in general which of the 2 BuyVM US locations is better, I think they're equally good.

But if you're asking from an infrastructure/facilities standpoint then @Francisco would be the best person to provide you with answers :lol:

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

All of them

• Both are have same quality...it's really depend on Your provider :)

• greatgreat55greatgreat55 Member
    edited October 2019

US indeed has a bigger population on the East of the country, so it would be better to go for NY this time. And maybe you would even get some Canadian customers :smiley:

Canadians don't have internet.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb