Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server4you out
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server4you out

Hello,

after 3 years without any problem I have one dedicated server on server4you go offline and is not reachable from ssh, plesk or ftp.

I contact support and they say it's all ok. And I explain entire situation...they not understand.

What I can do?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Whatever you do, don’t blame them :lol:

For all you know, it’s an issue on your end, or your ISP :smile:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Sue them.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

This sounds like the typical Chinese client that had their IP blocked by the GFW.
    Service is probably perfectly fine, and problem is on your side...if D/C vendor checked it and said nothing wrong on their side.
    Small chance they are incorrect, but not likely.
    Try accessing it from outside your normal method/ISP.

Thanked by 2poisson feezioxiii
  • Fear nothing my man. They are at Amitz's party!

Thanked by 3ehab Amitz uptime
    • ping your server
    • reboot your server
    • go to Amitz party.

Then enter rehab.

• SoftShellWebSoftShellWeb Member, Patron Provider

Have you tried any third party service to see if the server is actually offline or just unreachable from your ISP.

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2019

Try reaching your server from different locations around the world.

Are you not using any 3rd party uptime checking services (like the free hetrixtools)?

• terrorgenterrorgen Member
    edited October 2019

use https://ping.pe/ to ping your IP... there are a lot of servers around the world there so you would know if the IP is being blocked by a country.

• @chiccorosso said:
    Hello,

after 3 years without any problem I have one dedicated server on server4you go offline and is not reachable from ssh, plesk or ftp.

I contact support and they say it's all ok. And I explain entire situation...they not understand.

What I can do?

What "entire situation”? Do you have IPMI access?

• @chiccorosso said:
    Hello,

What I can do?

Was your IP blocked? Try from a different IP (using proxy or VPN). You can use a external port scanner to check if the server is alive or not: https://www.ipvoid.com/port-scan/

Finally, hard reboot your server from your server management panel or ask your host to reboot it for you.

It's all too late.

OP is in a mental hospital according to gossips.

• @deank said:
    It's all too late.

OP is in a mental hospital according to gossips.

Say hi to him for me when you see him there. :tongue:

• @deank it's on the way to the burn ward :smiley:

Thanked by 2poisson alilet
  • @SmartHost said:
    This sounds like the typical Chinese client that had their IP blocked by the GFW.
    Service is probably perfectly fine, and problem is on your side...if D/C vendor checked it and said nothing wrong on their side.
    Small chance they are incorrect, but not likely.
    Try accessing it from outside your normal method/ISP.

This probably explains it. You never know what is coming with the GFW roulette.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@chiccorosso said:
    Hello,

What I can do?

You need to sue them as you are loosing millions dollars per minute.

Unfortunately the LET support is out of reach at this moment and your ticket is very important to us so try a little bit later :smiley:

• reliablevps_usreliablevps_us Member, Patron Provider

Ask for IPMI/iKVM Access to the server, then login to your server and check your network settings and running services.

edited October 2019

@uptime said:
    @deank it's on the way to the burn ward :smiley:

I sent one of my minions (Amitzly trained and qualified) to check the situation out.

Apparently, he voluntarily checked into a mental hospital to avoid a visit from Chinese government. He has since now vanished from the mental hospital.

He was last seen in a red district.

• Can you console in from the web cp?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

deank said: red district

Amitz is in a re education camp

I've got new intel, folks.

OP was spotted in the port of Hong Kong. It is believed that he attempted to smuggle himself out. Whether he succeeded or not, it is unknown at this point.

May Amitz have mercy on him.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • I never had any sexual relationship with the OP. Just for the record.

Thanked by 1ITLabs