Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im looking to setup multiple os on a dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Im looking to setup multiple os on a dedicated server

Possibly even 100 os what is my best option. I have heard of using virtualization . What is the best option

Comments

• Lxc or OpenVZ 7

• @vpstalk said:
    Possibly even 100 os what is my best option. I have heard of using virtualization . What is the best option

@vpstalk said:

What OS? Windows or Linux? If windows, you'll need KVM, and no, you can't setup 100 of them. If Linux, KVM or OpenVZ. Still can't setup 100 of them unless you are using those dual 64 core CPUs with 512GB RAM and multiple SSDs or something crazy like that. That's assuming you want decent performance that is.

Thanked by 1vpstalk
  • @vpstalk said:
    What is the best option

@vpstalk said:
    virtualization

Proxmox is your friend.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

When I read the title this is the first thing that came to mind: https://distrotest.net/
    Are you just looking to test multiple linux distros?
    More info would help to determine your use purpose.

Thanked by 1vpstalk
  • the need to appear unique for accounts

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited October 2019

@vpstalk said:
    the need to appear unique for accounts

Based on your previous posts this doesn't seems to be white hat.

Even then the answers here are mostly correct, we can't spoon-feed you everything.

/thread

This discussion has been closed.