Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The official 2019 Zoltar's Crystal Ball Black Friday Deals prediction thread
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The official 2019 Zoltar's Crystal Ball Black Friday Deals prediction thread

So... what are your previsions/predictions for this year's Black Friday Deals?

Let's see who is the real fortune teller on LET...

(that 80's reference, how many LETers get it without googling it? Just a way to tell ya that I'm an old fart)

Comments

• Virmach will be the mvp.
    Round two in the battle @Cam vs Virmach for the lower yearly price. That imply vps for lower 1$/y.

• tgltgl Member

@cociu will have some software/hardware problem a few days after Black Friday

• let will be down and some of us are left fapping

• tgl said: @cociu will have some software/hardware problem a few days after Black Friday

can we bet this time ?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited October 2019

@cociu said:
    can we bet this time ?

I am in.

Simple rule:

If there's no problem 7 days after BF, people that place bet have to donate them to the charity.

If there's at least 1 problem 7 days after BF, you have to donate the total amount we bet to the charity.

• @tgl said:
    @cociu will have some software/hardware problem a few days after Black Friday

that's really too much.. :dizzy:

• bring it on!

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited October 2019

BF in LET (facts)

• Dedi deals gonna end up with 84$ with crappy hardware by saying they are within the limit.

• Many vps deal will come for gold idlers but prices will be as high as 7$ but not worth going for actual usage. Still good for idling

• Hopefully to see similar offers (like mxroute to popup once again)

Other community might have better deals from good/bad hosts combined together.

P.S. this is not spoiler rather worries due to facts.

• cociucociu Member
    edited October 2019

FAT32 said: I am in.

Simple rule:

If there's no problem 7 days after BF, people that place bet have to donate them to the charity.

If there's at least 1 problem 7 days after BF, you have to donate the total amount we bet to the charity.

i am donating every year. So let do this :smile:

i am in with some exceptions , i have ddos protection up to 1tbps with 2 providers , i am in with the condition i will not be atacked more than 2tbps.

If i loose i will donate 5000 eur to a international charity company specially who help people from Africa (i feel bad for some regions from there and is all our culpability in my opinion , the rich country have all culpability for what have this people)

If you loose you will came to Oradea to visit us in the next 2 month and you will invite/pay vine and beers as many we can drink me and my people (8 persons for hosting +12 in perfumes ) durring a entirely weekend.

To mention , we will have verry atractive offers in dedis etc etc so i hope will be like last year with huge quantity of work.

Are you in ?

• partying with @cociu sounds fun. let all visit his datacenter and free all the captive sisters he has working for him.

• ehab said: partying with @cociu sounds fun. let all visit his datacenter and free all the captive sisters he has working for him.

Did you have one? I do not hare my babes !!!!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Shit, Shit oh look more Shit.

Thanked by 1default
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019
    • @Hetzner_OL will offer no setup fees (again?);
    • Netcup will offer some tasty "double RAM double SSD double bacon&cheese half price" deals;
    • Online will strike again with its 1.99/2.99 "OMG-keep-hitting-F5" dedis;
    • HostDoc will offer good drugs hidden behind "I cant read psychedelic fonts";
    • OVH/SyS/KS 30% Flash Gordon "no setup fees only if you marry us" deals;
    • HostHatch A.K.A. "I can't read then I keep asking when my VPS will be provisioned" will offer tons of storage for $7;
    • LETBox A.K.A. "I don't know how to use the reinstall button then I lost my sh*t" will offer tons of storage for $7;
    • @AnthonySmith, @exception0x876, @MikeA and @Francisco will surprise us;
    • @Mic-hael and @MikePT will offer unlimited everything for our entire lifetimes;
    • MXroute will offer $15 $10/y unlimited emails;
    • Good dedis from reliable providers (Clouvider, RS, drServer, VirMach etc.);
    • Some people in Africa will be happy with 5000 euros from @cociu;
    • The usual tiny NATs...;
    • DbD will offer "f*cking old no support drama-dedis";
    • Oh... and ofc a bunch of 50% off "nobody cares" providers;

Edit 1: people will moan, cry, PMS and bitch. Bags of popcorn will be consumed;

Edit 2: VirMach 2019 secret thread will reach 200 pages;

Edit 3: CC will try to force some "$120/y/sh*t" down the unwary's asses;

Edit 4: AlphaRacks officially dead won't show up;

Edit 5: @FAT32 will reward us with his traditional compilation of extraordinary offers. Thanks in advance!

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2019

@ben47955 said:
    Virmach will be the mvp.
    Round two in the battle @Cam vs Virmach for the lower yearly price. That imply vps for lower 1$/y.

VirMach will throw some more hidden free ones in and win.

I still like both my $ 0.70/year Nat VPS from @Cam and my $ 0.95/year CC Buffalo VPS from @VirMach.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@DrCornFlakes said:

(that 80's reference, how many LETers get it without googling it? Just a way to tell ya that I'm an old fart)

Tom Hanks movie- Big?

@ITLabs said:

To add to the list:

• Paypal will offer auto cancellation for all subscriptions
    • LEB offers will match LET ones
    Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 3ITLabs ehab puerklint
  • ITLabs said: Netcup will offer some tasty "double RAM double SSD double bacon" half price deals

...and have a minimum of 6-month billing contracts.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @ben47955 said:
    Virmach will be the mvp.

LOL. What will they offer if this company doesn't have even a few vpses in Europe right now. They're out of stock. I checked it 2 months ago and now they're still out of stock.

Thanked by 1claudio
  • I sincerely hope @UltraVPS will have an 8GB RAM VPS with those beast CPUs below or at €7. (or even 6GB, please please, I was waiting for 6 months to upgrade)

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • chxchx Member
    edited October 2019

I am in for three 8GB RAM VPSes with beast CPUs below 7 EUR. I am even willing to sign 6, 12 months. Let's not forget php-friends is currently 9 EUR w/ VAT included for 10GB and two dedicated Intel Xeon Gold 6140 cores. If they let ex-EU people off the VAT it's already 7.28 EUR so below 7 EUR is totally within the realm of possibilities. I couldn't really understand whether they autodeduct the VAT for ex-EU people like Hetzner does or not and I didn't test, I was last looking a month ago but my project launch got delayed.

UltraVPS had https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157098/special-offers-2-vcpus-4-gb-ram-100-gb-hdd-3-33-eur-4-vcpus-8-gb-ram-200-gb-hdd-6-66-eur/p1 4 vCPUs, 8 GB RAM, 200 GB HDD: 6.66 EUR before -- but it's not SSD, php-friends is SSD :) but honestly, at 8GB all my shit fits in RAM so I am fine...

So the Big Deal would be 5 EUR without VAT for two dedicated beast cores (above 2000 single thread Passmark), a few ten GB SSD and 8GB RAM somewhere in Europe. If someone is reading this: at 5 EUR I am buying four, just need them on separate physical machines.

• BF expectations:
    https://coub.com/view/22pt0n

BF reality:
    https://coub.com/view/18viz

Looking for the real Emma this BF!

• VirMach will give that lifetime SSD32G to me for free.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

haha nice one @ITLabs !

We'd like to know what the community wants actually... :-)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • Let's not forget that OVZ 6 will end by then. This means offers should be OVZ 7 or KVM, but those will be more expensive.

• I'm really excited about this year's BF :-) I can smell the potassium already

• Plot twist: There will be some "problems" and no one would be able to post for two days... except @LEBFeed - because it's automated.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @JabJab said:
    Plot twist: There will be some "problems" and no one would be able to post for two days... except @LEBFeed - because it's automated.

Thanked by 4ehab ITLabs uptime imok
  • @JabJab said:
    no one would be able to post for two days... except @LEBFeed - because it's automated.

at which point the party on HostBalls will be in full swing ... so to speak :smirk:

• @alilet said:
    VirMach will give that lifetime SSD32G to me for free.

I'm quite sad that my free year of the SSD32G is due soon, starting to look at how I'm migrating everything off of it as I slowly tossed on a bunch of stuff onto it without realizing (because Virmach VPSs are just that awesome!) that I'm loading the thing up..

Just waiting for Virmach to give us the promised surprise from BF2018...

Thanked by 1alilet