Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Secure Dragon? (<- Warning this is clickbait) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who's Secure Dragon? (<- Warning this is clickbait)

2»

Comments

• Is india banned?

Will you be offering better deals @ BF or this is it?

• @dz_paji said:
    it really is clickbait

Came here for clickbait, disappointed there wasn't any.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@th4n0s said:
    Is india banned?

Not an option. Money saved.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • KuJoe said: 25GB Storage | 128MB RAM+vSwap | 1 vCPU Core | 10TB @ 1Gbps | Shared IPv4 | /64 IPv6 | $5/Year

10TB for sure?
    It's 100GB on your product page :(

• @Francisco said:

@AuroraZ said:
    Isn't Secure Dragon owned by that one guy, that did that one thing, that one time? You know that guy, that move from Florida to Colorado and did all that neat stuff.

A badass named Joe.

Yes, that's him.

Francisco

Are you sure his name is Joe? I always thought he was Clarence MCGillaCutty.

• @AuroraZ said:

@Francisco said:

@AuroraZ said:
    Isn't Secure Dragon owned by that one guy, that did that one thing, that one time? You know that guy, that move from Florida to Colorado and did all that neat stuff.

A badass named Joe.

Yes, that's him.

Francisco

Are you sure his name is Joe? I always thought he was Clarence MCGillaCutty.

Just call him the Father of Dragons.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Is clickbait a bannable offense?

• Now if only my sh.itty ISP would support native IPV6 then maybe these ipv6 boxes would be more accessible to me...

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    64MB vps - is this a challenge?

It's our most popular plan. 64MB is more than enough for basically any VPN or DNS server.

@tgl said:
    I cant see any 32MB offer

We stopped offering them and just lowered our 64MB plans to the price of our 32MB plans. 32MB plans were fun (and we still have people using them with promo codes), but we wanted to lower our prices and the 32MB plans were already at the bottom.

@vimalware said:
    The backup Dragon rsync service looks interesting for small website dumps.

Is there support for ssh key-Auth or is ssh/rsync password only, for now?
    I couldn't find this information in the KB.

Yes you can setup passwordless key authentication with them. I use one with an rsync command that runs nightly. You can also configure the backup service to pull the backups via rsync if you want to setup the script on your backup account (I'll double check that backup accounts have access to the crontab command in a bit).

@niceboy said:
    Do you have any promos for ssd@ovz7 vps? The storage and ram ( 1GB RAM+vSwap | 4 vCPU Cores | 25GB Storage| 2000GB @ 1Gbps | 1 IPv4 | /64 IPv6 | $6.99/Month ) seems to be too low for the price.

No promo codes, just great uptime and performance.

@msallak1 said:

What does this mean in TOS? :

• VPS/Web Hosting Overage Fee - $5 per GB

Is there an option to request automatic server suspension in case of using my bandwidth instead of being screwed? Also will I be really fu**ed if I got ddos attack?

VPSs are automatically suspended when they hit their bandwidth limit but the suspension is not instant since it runs on a schedule. The fee is listed in our TOS as a precaution just in case something happens that is unforeseeable by us (i.e. software bug, user finds a loophole, etc...). In the 9+ years we've been in business I cannot recall a time we've ever billed somebody for overages even when they went over their bandwidth and never got suspended (thanks SolusVM!).

@th4n0s said:
    Is india banned?

Currently India is one of the countries we are not accepting orders from. We currently have no plans of offering BF deals, but to be fair we've never really planned for it and it's always been a last minute thing. Don't expect them though.

@proton said:

KuJoe said: 25GB Storage | 128MB RAM+vSwap | 1 vCPU Core | 10TB @ 1Gbps | Shared IPv4 | /64 IPv6 | $5/Year

10TB for sure?
    It's 100GB on your product page :(

Good catch! I did a copy and paste of the last offer and I forgot to fix that. We no longer offer 10TB of bandwidth on our backup plans. I guess you found the real clickbait. :)

@deank said:
    Is clickbait a bannable offense?

I'll keep doing it until I get banned. :lol:

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    I'll do one better.

Why is SecureDragon?

Francisco

I ask myself that every time I wake up in the morning. :lol:

• @KuJoe "Storage OpenVZ 7 VPSs in Tampa" are offered here as 10TB BW while order page says 100GB

some time ago, during your previous promo you said that you decreased it becuase of abuse cases, and after some time you promised to change it back to 10TB

I hope that it is that time, because I am still waiting for it :)

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited October 2019

My partner's 64MB VPS from securedragon still works great, rarely any downtimes, runs webserver, php and mysql without a problem and DDoS protections works great.