Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Anyone have good advice on advertising? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does Anyone have good advice on advertising?

Comments

• Awhile ago someone tried free $50 credits with no expiration. In no less than a day, it was a big hit. Instantly you'll get thousands of signups.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@EquinoxHost said:

@ViridWeb said:
    OP said banned from WHT.. and did nothing wrong. :l

If you continue to read the thread and not just the small bits you'll see I've explained why i was banned from WHT and the supposed reasons behind there banning. Seems like a recurring problem with yourself not reading entire threads before posting as its happened in many other threads like the cPanel being blocked thread...

Have a good day :)

Don't understand that you are a stupid or try be one..

I don't think WHT will appoint a fool as a mod who banned you without any reason..

With this kind of attitude I'm sure your business will doomed soon..

Anyway.. if you really want go get more clients then follow this steps first before promoting your website..

1. Stable services
    2. Good support
      Reach clients whenever they need your help (Good Support)
    3. Collects feedback and improve your service whenever it requires

After that promote the website

Also regular posting on social media is a good thing

Finally.. burn some cash to promote your website further..

(If someone want to add more points then you are welcome)

• All I have to say is 'This is not WHT.'

Hang back, observe, participate meaningfully, in that order.

Commerce and profit sit at the back of the bus.

Thanked by 2EquinoxHost seriesn
  • It doesn't inspire confidence when you misspell your own company name on your site's front page.

Why Choose Exquinox Host?

• @notty said:
    It doesn't inspire confidence when you misspell your own company name on your site's front page.

Why Choose Exquinox Host?

Fixed now. Didn’t realise it I had added an extra x to it. But thanks for pointing that out notty. It’s things like that when writing that things can be missed when not checking it over and over again :smile:

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited October 2019

Judging by your businesses name, are you only open for two days of the year? Probs not a good marketing strat, unless it was Black Friday and Christmas.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • cazrzcazrz Member
    edited October 2019

Try to change it to BIGbigweb :)

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • cazrzcazrz Member
    edited October 2019

Its really simple

For success
    1. You have money to burn
    2. You have time

For failure
    1. You dont have money
    2. You dont have time or you are hust lazy

• Boss,
    Just a word of advice, assuming and hoping one day, you will become a big successful business, change your company name now to avoid lawsuits.

https://trademarks.justia.com/874/99/equinox-87499172.html

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @seriesn said:
    Boss,
    Just a word of advice, assuming and hoping one day, you will become a big successful business, change your company name now to avoid lawsuits.

True that. Instead of Equinox how about Equinix?

Oh wait..

Thanked by 3ralph uptime feezioxiii
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

I kind of like "exquinox" tbh ...

@EquinoxHost if you do somehow manage to get sued by some megacorp then that may actually turn out to be wonderful publicity for whatever new brand name you end up using

might keep in mind though that one does not normally get a second chance to make a first impression, so better if you have all your ducks in a row and ready to go before you start advertising a half-baked service

people taking the time to critique your current approach here are doing you a favor, whether or not you have the necessary perspective to appreciate that simple fact of lowend life.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @seriesn said:
    Boss,

My company name when I do decide to register it is probably going to be equinoxhost. Not equinox. :)

edited October 2019

@EquinoxHost said:

@seriesn said:
    Boss,

My company name when I do decide to register it is probably going to be equinoxhost. Not equinox. :)

Good idea. I'm thinking of starting a new search engine come data harverster company and calling it TheGoogles.

• @EquinoxHost said:

@seriesn said:
    Boss,

I am going to register my company as TheEquinoxaHost with your logic.

Anyways, welcome to LET. See you around.

• I'm going to start a business called King of Burgers.

Thanked by 2ITLabs MichaelCee
  • @SirFoxy said:
    I'm going to start a business called King of Burgers.

Can I open a Kentucky Fried Cock next to your King of Burgers?

Thanked by 2MichaelCee SirFoxy
  • @ITLabs said:

@SirFoxy said:
    I'm going to start a business called King of Burgers.

Can I open a Kentucky Fried Cock next to your King of Burgers?

Would you like a side of ho**balls with your order, Sir

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited October 2019

I like seeing people succeed (and generally being good at whatever it is they choose to do). Often go out of my way (for free) in order to help, as long as I see someone trying their best.

With OP's hosting company, it is my personal impression (not intended as an insult) that this is (still) not the case. Drawing the conclusion from their replies in this thread and from their hosting home page (so a rather limited amount of data, hence I might be wrong).

They could be offering excellent hosting and top class customer support, but from all I've seen (comparing with other available offers), I don't think the probability of that being the case is high enough to invest time (and money) in putting that to the test.

Lots of elementary things missing, which leads to a conclusion they "haven't done their homework". Claiming they first started in 2013, now 27 years old: from 21 to 27 one can learn new things very quickly, while at 27 at least some level of experience and maturity is to be expected.

The good news is that 27 is still young enough to be learning rather quickly and improve.

P.S. Not really sure OP's not just trolling, really. :(

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @bikegremlin said:
    I like seeing people succeed (and generally being good at whatever it is they choose to do). Often go out of my way (for free) in order to help, as long as I see someone trying their best.

With OP's hosting company, it is my personal impression (not intended as an insult) that this is (still) not the case. Drawing the conclusion from their replies in this thread and from their hosting home page (so a rather limited amount of data, hence I might be wrong).

They could be offering excellent hosting and top class customer support, but from all I've seen (comparing with other available offers), I don't think the probability of that being the case is high enough to invest time (and money) in putting that to the test.

Lots of elementary things missing, which leads to a conclusion they "haven't done their homework". Claiming they first started in 2013, now 27 years old: from 21 to 27 one can learn new things very quickly, while at 27 at least some level of experience and maturity is to be expected.

The good news is that 27 is still young enough to be learning rather quickly and improve.

lol do you really think he’s 27

“dont want to be paying tax and other things i don't need”

• “dont want to be paying tax and other things i don't need”

Actually some decent companies here know very well how to avoid taxes by accepting Bitcoin, but OP only accepts Paypal on his non-business account.

However, I am quite sure he got a lot of signups and orders already looking at 5 links in his signature. Quite obvious that his replies here provoke people to bump this topic...

Thanked by 2goodwin doghouch
  • @doghouch said:

@bikegremlin said:

lol do you really think he’s 27

Other things I don’t need when I haven’t actually fully started the business yet. The uk government is a bit different for company registrations and taxes so it’s be pointless me setting up a company with no income for it to become dormant for no reason at the moment.

My PayPal is also a business PayPal.

And I am also 27 yes 23/09/1992 :)

I dont reply constantly here as I do have a personal life also and also I don’t get notifications for this thread unless I come on this forum :)

Have a good day.

edited October 2019

EquinoxHost said: Other things I don’t need when I haven’t actually fully started the business yet. The uk government is a bit different for company registrations and taxes so it’s be pointless me setting up a company with no income for it to become dormant for no reason at the moment.

I dont reply constantly here as I do have a personal life also and also I don’t get notifications for this thread unless I come on this forum :)

Have a good day.

Wouldn't exactly be dormant if you have expenses like the template that @MikePT pulls off a lot better, domains, licenses and server costs for your 0 clients. That is still trading, it's just not you getting the money. Unless, you have 0 servers, resellers, or anything to sell from. In which case, why is that shit in your signature?

Please note if you don't register as a company and trade as a sole trader, you are still liable for taxes.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Learn to pay taxes.

If you want pension later.

• @Mic-hael said:

EquinoxHost said: Other things I don’t need when I haven’t actually fully started the business yet. The uk government is a bit different for company registrations and taxes so it’s be pointless me setting up a company with no income for it to become dormant for no reason at the moment.

Have a good day.

Wouldn't exactly be dormant if you have expenses like the template that @MikePT pulls off a lot better, domains, licenses and server costs for your 0 clients. That is still trading, it's just not you getting the money. Unless, you have 0 servers, resellers, or anything to sell from. In which case, why is that shit in your signature?

Please note if you don't register as a company and trade as a sole trader, you are still liable for taxes.

If I trade as a sole trader I’m not liable for any fees as I would not be receiving an income from the business unless the business earns any money. Think the uk works a bit differently on company matters. Either way weather I chose to be a sole trader or a ltd company isn’t really anyone’s business but my own.

• @deank said:
    Learn to pay taxes.

If you want pension later.

I also work full time aswell so I pay into my own pension. A ltd business isn’t going to pay me a pension. :smile:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Oh, I see. So, that is how it goes. No wonder it smelled.

• @AMXRT said:

Actually some decent companies here know very well how to avoid taxes by accepting Bitcoin, but OP only accepts Paypal on his non-business account.

However, I am quite sure he got a lot of signups and orders already looking at 5 links in his signature. Quite obvious that his replies here provoke people to bump this topic...

I don't think anyone will buy based off this thread alone lol. Maybe if it was valuable, sure.

edited October 2019

EquinoxHost said: If I trade as a sole trader I’m not liable for any fees as I would not be receiving an income from the business unless the business earns any money. Think the uk works a bit differently on company matters. Either way weather I chose to be a sole trader or a ltd company isn’t really anyone’s business but my own.

I did say if you TRADE as a sole trader (Ie £1k in a tax year). It's very much the guv's bidness.

Why do you want to set up and advertise a business if you have no intention of receiving income from it?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • EquinoxHostEquinoxHost Member
    edited October 2019

I don’t understand why everyone has so much negativity about the way I run my business. I actually came here to ask for advice and actually all you’ve all done is actually be rude. Think maybe you need to stop being keyboard worriers and leave the house one day and discover real life instead of actually just being rude.

• Keyboard worrier : Dibs on my superhero name.

I check all the keys daily.

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime