Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS: Linux or Windows? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS: Linux or Windows?

13»

Comments

• @CokoMleko said:
    I've read many opinions about both, Linux and Windows VPSes and I created an opinion that Linux OS is way better than windows vps server.

Difficult to compare an OS with a server (hardware + software +....), no?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Windows is good, if you want to ddos.
    And Linux is good, if you want to start your hosting offer in here :)

Nah, i dont want to ddos, so linux server is better in any area, thanks

• Difference Between Linux and Windows

Windows =>
    1. Windows is extremely easy to install and use, but you can’t modify it.
    2. You have to pay money to use it and you have to use it in Microsoft's style. you can’t change and share it with others.
    3. Sometimes it becomes more buggy and slow after windows update.
    4.anti-virus and Anti-Malware software must be required. you have to regularly update it.
    5. For software installation, you have to search for software online and download then install it.

Linux =>
    1. It is open-source and free of cost.
    2. No need to pay for anti-virus software which eats lots of system resources and make your pc slow day by day and need a regular update.
    3. No need to go to the web and search for the individual package.
    4. Once you are comfortable with Terminals, It will be very easy to find any software from command and from Terminal.

• Sex: Safe or Certain infection?

That is my best summary of your title. In my opinion, Linux is the safe option and using Windows will result in your machine being infested with malware.

/me runs off screaming "GO LINUX!"

• Why conform to a mainstream OS like a peasant? Just roll your own.

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited November 2019

@dahartigan said:
    Sex: Safe or Certain infection?

That is my best summary of your title. In my opinion, Linux is the safe option and using Windows will result in your machine being infested with malware.

I'd go with safer. The only really safe options are not using computers and not having sex.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @cloudminister said:
    Difference Between Linux and Windows

Windows =>
    1. Windows is extremely easy to install and use, but you can’t modify it.
    2. You have to pay money to use it and you have to use it in Microsoft's style. you can’t change and share it with others.
    3. Sometimes it becomes more buggy and slow after windows update.
    4.anti-virus and Anti-Malware software must be required. you have to regularly update it.
    5. For software installation, you have to search for software online and download then install it.

Linux =>
    1. It is open-source and free of cost.
    2. No need to pay for anti-virus software which eats lots of system resources and make your pc slow day by day and need a regular update.
    3. No need to go to the web and search for the individual package.
    4. Once you are comfortable with Terminals, It will be very easy to find any software from command and from Terminal.

Congrats on your second post

• @dahartigan said:

As opposed to a botnet? I hate these threads because people takeaway that they don't need security or they can't get hacked on Linux, both of which is not true. It's pretty standard to run antivirus on NAS's now.

• @TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

As opposed to a botnet? I hate these threads because people takeaway that they don't need security or they can't get hacked on Linux, both of which is not true. It's pretty standard to run antivirus on NAS's now.

The human is the weak link in that chain..

• @dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

The human is the weak link. Full. Stop.

FTFY

• @TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

@TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:

The human is the weak link. Full. Stop.

FTFY

Umm, okay?

• In terms of remote desktop
    Windows is better and easier to handle

• I saw that Linux VPS is wayyyy cheaper than Windows... And now, thanks to this thread, I know the differences. Vote still goes to Linux!

• MacOS is better

• @greatgreat55 said:
    I saw that Linux VPS is wayyyy cheaper than Windows... And now, thanks to this thread, I know the differences. Vote still goes to Linux!

I was also in doubts, but i think in terms of performance my vote goes to Windows but for the price Linux is best

• @CokoMleko said:
    I've read many opinions about both, Linux and Windows VPSes and I created an opinion that Linux OS is way better than windows vps server.
    Am I wrong? Can someone comment on this question? What are your opinions?

You don't get a Windows VPS because you want one, you get a Windows VPS if you need one.

• @donli said:

@CokoMleko said:

You don't get a Windows VPS because you want one, you get a Windows VPS if you need one.

Yeah, that is also true but if i have an option to choose from those too i think my vote will be on Linux side for now

• @donli said:

@CokoMleko said:

This is LET. There is no "need" requirement to idle any VPS.

• @yokowasis said:
    Let the flame war WINDOWS VS LINUX begin

Linux all the way !

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @tetahost said:

@yokowasis said:

Linux all the way !

Woah, this whole thread make me think twice about this topic hahahahahaah, but still my vote goes to Linux

• @tetahost said:

@yokowasis said:

Linux all the way !

The irony being the Penguin is literally sucking in the picture.