Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudJiffy - Cloud Made Simple!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudJiffy - Cloud Made Simple!

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello LET members,

I am Ishan from Leapswitch Networks ( providing Cloud and Hosting since 2006! )

CloudJiffy is a Container-as-a-Service platform where you can deploy your application within minutes instead of spending hours on capacity planning, installation and configuration.

Just select the Platform, Web/Application Server, Database server and Region -

In our Advanced Dashboard , you can even setup multiple Web servers with a load balancer, Databases with automatic clustering and shared/redundant storage.

We also have one-click Wordpress, Magento and Kubernetes Clusters.

Watch a 2 minute video

Interesting ?

CloudJiffy is based on Virtuozzo 7 / Jelastic and has the following main features -

• Anything-as-a-service - CloudJiffy will auto-deploy your preferred stack as a highly-available cluster Automatically, within Minutes.
  • Automatic Vertical scaling - Set your container to 128 MB RAM and let it scale upto 128 GB of RAM , as and when required. Perfect option for LET's Idling Containers.
  • Cloudlets - Containers are set and measured in Cloudlets used - each cloudlet is 128MB RAM and 400Mhz CPU
  • Hourly Billing - Your container(s) are billed per hour, based on number of Cloudlets used.
  • Docker Hub - CloudJiffy connects to Docker Hub so that you can deploy any public or private Docker template.

CloudJiffy also has a large number of DevOps features -

• Web SSH - Web based SSH within CloudJiffy portal - No need to use Putty.
  • File manager - Edit config files, application files, upload/remove files and folders within the portal.
  • Statistics - View CPU, RAM, Disk, Traffic stats within CloudJiffy on a per container basis.
  • Logging - View application and container logs within the interface.
  • Clone Environments - Clone running VPS, containers or entire environments.
  • Collaborations- Collaborate with users giving them limited/unlimited access to one or more environments.
  • Alerts - Automated load alerts are setup for each of your containers are configurable through the interface.
  • Horizontal Scaling - Setup triggers and load balancers for automated horizontal scaling.

Signup for your free 14 day trial here - https://cloudjiffy.com/

Interested ? Here is how Pricing works -

Cloudlets - $0.7 onwards per month 
Storage - 20GB SSD Free - $0.03 per GB per month
Traffic - 1GB / hour Free - $0.03 per GB
Public IPv4 - $1.5 per month

Billing is pre-paid via fund addition with a minimum of $10 .

What does $7 get you for an entire month -

Consider a 30GB SSD / 2 vCPU / 2.5GB RAM / 1TB Bandwidth VPS , of which you would only use - 20GB / 1 vCPU / 1GB RAM / 500GB Bandwidth on an average. All in $7 :)

We are the only Provider on LET to bill on Average Actual Resource Consumption, not Plans or Limits. On our normal VPS range, we see 20% Average Actual Resource Consumption, leading to upto 80% cost savings compared to other Cloud/VPS providers.

Datacenter, Server Hardware and Network -

DE FRA1

• Frankfurt, Germany based Tier 3 Datacenter
  • Intel Xeon E5 48 vCPU Servers with 256-512GB RAM .
  • 10G network.
  • Enterprise SSD RAID10.
  • 99.99% Network and Power uptime SLA.

US West1

• Los Angeles, California based Tier 3 Datacenter
  • Intel Xeon E5 Servers with 256-512GB RAM .
  • 10G network
  • Enterprise SSD RAID10 .

IN West1

• Pune, India based Tier 3 Datacenter
  • TATA, Vodafone, Airtel and NIXI network.
  • Intel Xeon E5 Servers with 256-512GB RAM.
  • 10G network
  • Enterprise SSD RAID10.

Support options -

Why Leapswitch Networks -

• #1 Company in Pune (top 10 in India) according to number of domains hosted. - 100,000+
  • Registered Pvt Ltd. and Inc - 13th year in business (Since 2006)
  • 24x7 Live Technical Support and Monitoring
  • Fully Owned Hardware - Servers, Power, Network Equipment and IPs - We do not Resell
  • Brand Name Genuine SuperMicro and ASUS Hardware
  • Operations in 19 locations worldwide
  • Serving 20000+ customers from 110+ countries

We look forward to your questions and feedback!

Ishan

Thanked by 2sanvit banxix

Comments

• Can totally agree, CloudJiffy is awesome. Those 'reserved cloudlets' may sound a bit more expensive than other major cloud providers, but you should note that reserved cloudlets are your minimum system resources vs most cloud providers charge for maximum system resources.

Support team is really great and fast, and will help you get your VM running in no time :)

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • tgltgl Member

A good idea for sure, most people need just the platform, not the entire VPS, also it seems very cheap and easy to set up, honestly I did not try but good luck.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Pretty cool if instead of per-hour pricing they have per-jiffy pricing.

Thanked by 2ITLabs leapswitch
  • do u accept dogecoin

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@SirFoxy said:
    do u accept dogecoin

Sorry, we don't. We accept PayPal and Stripe. If you are based in India, we support Indian cards, net banking and wallets.

• @leapswitch said:

@SirFoxy said:
    do u accept dogecoin

Sorry, we don't. We accept PayPal and Stripe. If you are based in India, we support Indian cards, net banking and wallets.

so... no doge or pigeon coin ;-(

• Sounds interesting, will definitely give it a try.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • Signed up and really like the interface and configuration - only thing stopping me from moving projects over is what was mentioned last time, the BW cost (1GB hourly free, up to 730GB p/month) if I have a surge of traffic within an hour, it could be very costly. e.g. 300GB within an hour is roughly $18 purely for BW, while if this was spread throughout the month, it would be free.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@iKeyZ said:
    Signed up and really like the interface and configuration - only thing stopping me from moving projects over is what was mentioned last time, the BW cost (1GB hourly free, up to 730GB p/month) if I have a surge of traffic within an hour, it could be very costly. e.g. 300GB within an hour is roughly $18 purely for BW, while if this was spread throughout the month, it would be free.

Hi there, for LET members we do allow 730GB per month calculated monthly instead of hourly. Please open a ticket and we will get your account converted.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • banxixbanxix Member
    edited October 2019

Web SSH - Web based SSH within CloudJiffy portal - No need to use Putty.

But can I use putty/terminal and sftp as normal?

Can I make customization and optimization to Web server and PHP/etc as I wish?
    What is the limit compare to normal VPS.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@banxix said:

Web SSH - Web based SSH within CloudJiffy portal - No need to use Putty.

But can I use putty/terminal and sftp as normal?

Yes, you can indeed use Putty/Terminal/SFTP . Just add your keys to the account and access any container. https://cloudjiffy.com/portal/knowledgebase/19/SSH-

You have full access to edit Apache/PHP or other configurations without having root access to the container. So you can edit httpd.conf , php.ini , add new modules/extensions etc . You won't be able to install say Nodejs on an Apache container as there is no root access. We have a micro-services architecture and each service will be in a different container.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanked by 1banxix
  • @leapswitch said:

You have full access to edit Apache/PHP or other configurations without having root access to the container. So you can edit httpd.conf , php.ini , add new modules/extensions etc . You won't be able to install say Nodejs on an Apache container as there is no root access. We have a micro-services architecture and each service will be in a different container.

Just to add, there is an option to use it as a bare VM which has root access, which means you get a vz7 instance with full root access, which also benefits from the normal cloudjiffy pricing model (pay as you use). Or you could also pull your favorite container from docker hub too. (Correct me if I'm wrong @leapswitch)

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@sanvit said:

@leapswitch said:

Just to add, there is an option to use it as a bare VM which has root access, which means you get a vz7 instance with full root access, which also benefits from the normal cloudjiffy pricing model (pay as you use). Or you could also pull your favorite container from docker hub too. (Correct me if I'm wrong @leapswitch)

Yes, that is correct. We do not recommend this as CloudJiffy offers a lot more than the pay-per-use model :)

• I just got a message from leapswitch telling me that CloudJiffy supports LEMP stack out of the box now (instead of using seperate containers per app), which increase speed for smaller site by reducing network latency!

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • Any VPS offered?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

This is a good service indeed.

• @leapswitch You may want to edit this :smiley:

Thanked by 2BharatB leapswitch
  • @itsgoingdown said:
    Any VPS offered?

You can also spin up a VPS on their panel

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

@OpenNet said:
    @leapswitch You may want to edit this :smiley:

I've informed them as well.

Thanked by 1OpenNet
  • I tried to register, never got the sms message. Didn't bother contacting support tho.

• @sanvit said:

@itsgoingdown said:
    Any VPS offered?

You can also spin up a VPS on their panel

Sweet thanks

@jahrinc said:
    I tried to register, never got the sms message. Didn't bother contacting support tho.

Please ping me your signup email address and I'll get it activated. Unfortunately our SMS gateway does have some issues reaching certain numbers.

@itsgoingdown said:
    Any VPS offered?

The VPS is also Elastic, so you pay for the resources you consume.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited November 2019

Actually you need to spend hours for configuration. I tried both apache and litespeed, with out of the box setting, it can't handle huge traffic. It only able to utilize 8 of 100 allocated cloudlets. That's 1GB of RAM and 3.2GHz of CPU. It makes my apps down and unusable.

I am forced to move my apps from php/mysql into blogger.com + wordpress.com as frontend and nodejs / mysql as backend.

Upon further asking the support, their apache use prefork mpm, which sucks in handling huge traffic. I don't know about their litespeed, why it can't handle huge traffic. I don't bother investigating and asking. They suggest me to use nginx instead. Never got a chance to test it. Because blogger + wordpress + nodejs + mysql already finished the job.

On the other hand, their support is very responsive. I never had an unanswered ticket, a support (bharatB) even asked me to contact him via skype to better resolve my problem.

TL;DR. You still need to know how to config and optimize your server which I have very little knowledge about. I will stay away from apache and litespeed for the time being.

p.s.
    This is the reason why I am asking how to stress test webserver. I want to emulate those 20k visitors doing things continuously for 1 hour.

@yokowasis said:
    Actually you need to spend hours for configuration. I tried both apache and litespeed, with out of the box setting, it can't handle huge traffic. It only able to utilize 8 of 100 allocated cloudlets. That's 1GB of RAM and 3.2GHz of CPU. It makes my apps down and unusable.

I am forced to move my apps from php/mysql into blogger.com + wordpress.com as frontend and nodejs / mysql as backend.

Upon further asking the support, their apache use prefork mpm, which sucks in handling huge traffic. I don't know about their litespeed, why it can't handle huge traffic. I don't bother investigating and asking. They suggest me to use nginx instead. Never got a chance to test it. Because blogger + wordpress + nodejs + mysql already finished the job.

On the other hand, their support is very responsive. I never had an unanswered ticket, a support (bharatB) even asked me to contact him via skype to better resolve my problem.

TL;DR. You still need to know how to config and optimize your server which I have very little knowledge about. I will stay away from apache and litespeed for the time being.

p.s.
    This is the reason why I am asking how to stress test webserver. I want to emulate those 20k visitors doing things continuously for 1 hour.

Thank you for your feedback. I'll review the issue and see what improvements can be made to reduce DevOps for our users.

• @leapswitch can anyone help me configure openvpn server using cloudjiffy ? Any tutorial?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@rahoolm said:
    @leapswitch can anyone help me configure openvpn server using cloudjiffy ? Any tutorial?

You should be able to use docker to pull any openvpn image. Assign public IP to it though.

• IPv6 available?

@Kousaka said:
    IPv6 available?

Should be available in Germany and USA region ny the end of April.

• @BharatB said:

@rahoolm said:
    @leapswitch can anyone help me configure openvpn server using cloudjiffy ? Any tutorial?

You should be able to use docker to pull any openvpn image. Assign public IP to it though.

Ok Thanks , I am doing the same.