Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accessing SSH on IPv6 through OpenVPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Accessing SSH on IPv6 through OpenVPN

I have a VPS which is IPv6 only so I cannot access it because my ISP only supports IPv4. If I get another VPS which supports both IPv4 and IPv6, then install OpenVPN on it and then try to access that IPv6 only VPS via SSH, will it work or not.

Comments

• That should work (not tried with OVPN, but worked with v2ray and CF's WARP), but you could also use

ssh user@[IPv6-address-or-domain-with-AAAA-record]

On the VPS with IPv6 and skip the whole VPN part.

Thanked by 1alilet
  • Yes it will.

However you don't need another VPS, you can use a fee IPv6 Tunnel Broker such as HE: https://tunnelbroker.net/

Thanked by 1alilet
  • I tried tunnelbroker but problem is it doesn't work with Windows 10 which I am using. According to what I read, Microsoft has removed some functionality from Windows 10 latest build and this tunnel broker functionality no longer works.
    This is also mentioned in tunnelbroker.com when you create a tunnel and go into settings to view commands and there a message is displayed about Windows 10.

• Check to see if your router supports 6rd or 6to4 tunneling. If not, there are pretty cheap routers that do (or there are even cheaper routers that you can flash with Tomato or DD-WRT).

Another (free) option would be to set up a small Linux VM with a tunnel and route IPv6 through it.

• Has anyone successfully setup tunnel on a VPS? I tried on two VPS (one behind NAT and one with dedicated IP) and it didn't work in both.