Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for @key900 alone. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question for @key900 alone.

2»

Comments

• @king8654 said:
    Every time I've reinstalled an os on any number of different vps, it wipes the drive. Why wouldn't it for fresh install?

It looks like we have some one whose sole expertise is installing Microsoft Windows and OpenVZ. Perhaps Lowendtalk should be renamed Lowendskillz. :)

I wonder how many providers also fit into that category.

Thanked by 1shallownorthdakota
  • rchurch said: Select the template for reinstallation. If you PROCEED, all data located on the machine will be lost

Instructions unclear, dick still stuck in ceiling fan.

• @rchurch said: All @key900 is being asked to confirm that PROCEEDing will erase the data, that it is not the ISO that erases the data, but the software that triggers the ISO will erase the partition info before it even boots the ISO, just as will happen with a template.

I'll venture an educated guess: if data is erased, then it's definitely not the ISO that erases the data; instead, it's erased by software as a prepare-to-reinstall step.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2019

@rchurch said:
    If you consider my question complicated then you shouldn't be installing a KVM VPS from an ISO at all. Stick to OpenVZ templates you will be fine. Leave KVM to the big boys.

I didn't say your question was complicated. I indicated that perhaps you are making it complicated.

Seeing how you misunderstood me, I think I see where the issue is.

• @SirFoxy said:
    18 naked cowboys in the shower at ram ranch

I'm not hery smart. But that sounds like a buffer overflow issue.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • I know about Cowboys.

• edited October 2019

And hygiene...

https://bangkokredeye.com/bangkok-soapy-massage.html

http://www.anniesbangkok.com/

I ❤️ BKK

Edit: Annie needs SSL on her website. Maybe I can work a deal.

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited October 2019

@uptime et al.

I think I will finish this thread of with a story and ask the moderators to close the thread otherwise any responses from @key900 and other users who run the tests will get lost in all this trivia.

Have you guys heard the story about the illiterate but quick witted guy who was pretending to read an announcement to a crowd of clueless yokels?

He didn't know he was holding the notice upside down and as he pretended to read to the crowd, someone literate person noticed that and yelled - "Hey you are holding the notice upside down!!". Then the guy responded to the crowd. "What difference does it make whether it is upside down or not so long as I can read it?" The crowd responded "Hear, hear!!"

This seems to be the crowd here on LET. An utterly clueless crowd coming to the defense an equally clueless representative from a service provider.

OK I am done here. Moderators please close this thread. Letbox representatives and other users who run the tests are free to open a new thread with their responses and their results.

A good day and good night to LET users.

Thanks and goodbye.

@rchurch - your own and very favourite clueless provider persecutor.

• 18 naked cowboys wanting to be fucked

• @rchurch said:
    Look guys, @Nekki in particular.

These huge animated gifs are giving me a headache. Try to be considerate and use smaller ones. Keep in mind that there are people prone to epilepsy and things like that which can be triggered by these gifs.

500x261 is pretty small, right?

• 18 naked cowboys with throbbing cocks

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2019

Thread summery.

1. Will reinstall erase my data? It says it will erase but I don't think it should.
    2. Come on to LET and demands us not to meddle in. (Why not PM or submit a ticket then?)
    3. PMS breaks loose.
    4. /Thread requested by OP.
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2019

@shallownorthdakota said:

@Nekki said:

Jebus. And some snowflakes around here were crying about that WTF gif triggering seizures. I don't have epilep.sy but I think you just gave it to me.

I’m tired and honestly don’t have the time to deal with this shit.

Message to everyone: Most of us barely have the time to visit LET (let alone clean the dump up) and you’re making it exponentially harder to keep everything in order.

Edit: I’m aware that this thread is closed. I just felt that it was necessary to repeat the obligatory “don’t spam” rule.

Thanked by 2Clouvider ITLabs
This discussion has been closed.