Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yum update host node
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yum update host node

My host node is running CentOS 5.8 ( 2.6.18-308.8.2.el5.028stab101.1) with OpenVZ. I have around 4 VPS inside running CentOS 5.9 and Centos 6.4. Host node management is done via HyperVM control panel, I know it sucks, but I can't pay for Solus for only 4 VPS. And its running RAID1, so last year, Proxmox was kind of incompatible with software raid.

Now when I do a yum update on the host node, it says there are 256 packages to be upgraded. Server's been running for 360 days without any problem and I'd hate to **** it up. You guys think I should go ahead and install the updates? On one VPS I have cpanel running and have upto 300 shared customer accounts.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Keeping your hostnode not up to date is just asking for trouble... Especially keeping it for over 1 year.

Thanked by 1Drukpa
  • I would advise you to update, Same with everything just make sure it remains booting into the OpenVZ kernel.

Thanked by 1Drukpa
  • I don't see how updating would cause an issue. If anything it would make it better as you would have updated and less buggy packages.

Thanked by 1Drukpa
  • I updated, and the new kernel is 028stab108.1 Thanks guys!

• In case you didn't know, when Feathur is released (soon!) it'll be free for personal use, though you can pay for it if you'd like. It's WAY better than HyperVM.