Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday, is there any pre-sale? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday, is there any pre-sale?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nekki said: I knew this friendship was too good to be true...

I dont see what that needs to be a problem, I dont complain about what you put in your mouth.

• AnthonySmith said: I dont see what that needs to be a problem, I dont complain about what you put in your mouth.

Fair enough, see you in LA for the Capcom Cup in December?

• @angstrom said:

@myvpshostorg said:
    Hope to get best deidicated and VPS provider.

Congrats on your second comment

By the way:

Signatures longer than most of your posts that fill significant portions of our screens. It should not be more than two lines, nor should it be distracting.

(From https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/137719/lowendtalk-community-rules/p1 )

That's funny, since on mobile your signature takes up more space and vimalware's even more.

Lead hall monitor in school?

• @TimboJones said:

@angstrom said:

@myvpshostorg said:
    Hope to get best deidicated and VPS provider.

Congrats on your second comment

By the way:

Signatures longer than most of your posts that fill significant portions of our screens. It should not be more than two lines, nor should it be distracting.

(From https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/137719/lowendtalk-community-rules/p1 )

That's funny, since on mobile your signature takes up more space and vimalware's even more.

I just quoted the rule, which doesn't mention mobile, so I assume that it refers to a standard (even if small) desktop screen size.

Lead hall monitor in school?

Nah, they wouldn't let me! :smiley:

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Intelpentium0 said:

@MikePT said:
    Buy a lifetime and idle it for lifetime!!!

Bought..idling...

Idling stable, hopefully mate... :D

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Can I have a BF deal on a pack of bourbons, please? I would be grateful....

• @Jord said:

Hope this will do.

Thanked by 2Jord ITLabs
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@vyas11 said:

@Jord said:

Hope this will do.

Please send five boxes :D thanks sir

Thanked by 2vyas11 plumberg
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2019

I tried to edit the length of the sig down now.
    I can't seem to defeat the mobile wraparound. shrugs

• Best Buy's pre-sale started (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/black-friday/pcmcat225600050002.c). Target.com's pre-sale starts Tomorrow (Friday Nov 8).

• @vimalware said:
    I tried to edit the length of the sig down now.
    I can't seem to defeat the mobile wraparound. shrugs

Just turn your mobile to landscape orientation. Problem solved. You are within guidelines.

• Who are the usual suspects for BF dedicated servers? Need cheap to consolidate VPS

• @cybertech said:
    Who are the usual suspects for BF dedicated servers? Need cheap to consolidate VPS

If you have a powerful, well-configured VPS you can consolidate on that at a much lower cost. That's what I did. You won't see much benefit consolidating on a cheap dedicated Avoton lol.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @poisson said:

@cybertech said:
    Who are the usual suspects for BF dedicated servers? Need cheap to consolidate VPS

If you have a powerful, well-configured VPS you can consolidate on that at a much lower cost. That's what I did. You won't see much benefit consolidating on a cheap dedicated Avoton lol.

you are right about that.

this time i'm looking at something around 10K passmark, 32-64GB ECC ram, 2-4 SSDs.

Hoping to get a sweet deal for 32GB / 4 SSDs if there's such a config.

• @cybertech said:

@poisson said:

@cybertech said:

this time i'm looking at something around 10K passmark, 32-64GB ECC ram, 2-4 SSDs.

Wow. How many servers do you have to consolidate? I cannot imagine the prices you are paying now. How much are you looking at paying monthly?

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:

@cybertech said:

@poisson said:

@cybertech said:

Wow. How many servers do you have to consolidate? I cannot imagine the prices you are paying now. How much are you looking at paying monthly?

Currently 10 or so? Mostly idling though. hope to run a Plex server on it as well.

Don't want to worry about neighbor :tongue:

Hetzner auction has good prices but with bigger SSDs they start at 64GB.

Figured that a 16GB box would suffice as well. 32 would be an overkill

• @cybertech said:

@poisson said:

@cybertech said:

@poisson said:

@cybertech said:

Currently 10 or so? Mostly idling though. hope to run a Plex server on it as well.

Why don't you buy 4 of @SmartHost's latest blowout offer and get him to combine into one? Then get a cheap storage server and do a SSHFS for your media.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @poisson said:

@cybertech said:

@poisson said:

@cybertech said:

@poisson said:

@cybertech said:

Why don't you buy 4 of @SmartHost's latest blowout offer and get him to combine into one? Then get a cheap storage server and do a SSHFS for your media.

I happen to have a powerful vps and another storage at close location. Will try. Any guide to SSHFS?

• @cybertech said:

@poisson said:

@cybertech said:

@poisson said:

@cybertech said:

@poisson said:

@cybertech said:

I happen to have a powerful vps and another storage at close location. Will try. Any guide to SSHFS?

This is an easy-to-follow guide: https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-mount-remote-directory-filesystems-with-sshfs-on-linux/

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • Ohhhhh, it has started, first BF email today, can feel Black Friday mood :smiley:

• imokimok Member
    edited November 2019

I have a cheap E3 with 32GB RAM I don't need anymore. I will release it for transfer on BF on the perpetual thread.

@greatgreat55 said:
    Ohhhhh, it has started, first BF email today, can feel Black Friday mood :smiley:

And that's how the complaining threads start.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Yes, 11.11, Chinese Holiday, expect deals on all platforms.

• "Up to".

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I’d love to see DA offer yearly specials for one day only? The old $299 + $100 yearly renewal. @DA_Mark

• edited November 2019

I find THIS offer by @StockServers to be as close to Black Friday sale so far. I got an i3 in LA and in Miami for $20. Can't really beat a dedi in us for $20-$25 :-)

There was an offer by @TNAHosting a while back for $17 or something for a dedi or something like that - that was also nabbed obviously and works amazingly.

And need to also mentioned the offer by databasebydesign for also around $17 for a dedi.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I hope everyone’s able to strengthen their willpower for Black Friday 😂

• tell me where to look for the good and cheap storage server on this BF
    looking for 1TB under 3 to 4$

• @DeepBoom007 said:
    tell me where to look for the good and cheap storage server on this BF
    looking for 1TB under 3 to 4$

You have about 24 hours left for this: https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=7

$5 per month for 1TB but pay annually you get 1.5 TB. Price per TB per month if you pay annually is $3.33.

Servers are well monitored and not oversold. Good speeds to Asia.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @greatgreat55 said:
    Ohhhhh, it has started, first BF email today, can feel Black Friday mood :smiley:

They always have 90% Off.

• @greatgreat55 said:

What are the locations they provide? Coudn't find it on their web site.