Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions about securesrv.io provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Opinions about securesrv.io provider

daerraghdaerragh Member
edited October 2019 in Providers

Hi. I bought one of their VPS. It's very cheap: 1x E3 CPU, 1GB, 500GB, 1Gbps unlimited for 3.5 USD It works and it's fast. However, they have a shady reputation.

Here it says that they've included some sort of a backdoor into their installation script: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/securesrv.io?languages=en&stars=1

And their employee/owner was banned from mc-market.org for the same thing:
https://www.mc-market.org/threads/412400/page-4#post-3751112

Also on their status page it looks like their servers are empty, cause there is no bandwidth used - https://securesrv.io/status.php

What do you think about it?

They also own heavynode.com, a Minecraft server renting platform.

Thanked by 2uptime thanksbro

Comments

• daerraghdaerragh Member
    edited October 2019

tgl: I've read this. It's a benchmark and in this thread I want opinions about them.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@daerragh said:
    tgl: I've read this. It's a benchmark and in this thread I want opinions about them.

So let me get this right:
    You posted earlier this week that you were looking for a VPS
    -->
    you got some recommendations and offers from LET,
    -->
    Next, you went ahead and signed up with securesrv
    -->
    you seemed pretty happy here , then provide a link to Trustpilot reviews here 90 reviews with 89 percent excellent rating. That is not bad at all!

@uptime gave his insights in the [last post in this thread.] (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3028705/#Comment_3028705) For which @receivedthanks thanked Uptime - Twice.

-->
    now you want to do a post purchase due diligence?

Why is a further waste of LET folks' time required?

• tgltgl Member
    edited October 2019

@daerragh ok, I understand, based on those comments you found on trustpilot and mc-market I would not trust them with important stuff.

• daerraghdaerragh Member
    edited October 2019

vyas11 said: you seemed pretty happy here , then provide a link to Trustpilot [reviews here] 90 reviews with 89 percent excellent rating. That is not bad at all! (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3028705/#Comment_3028705)

@uptime gave his insights in the last post in this thread.

Yes, that was before I've read the reviews. The positive ones on trustpilot look like they've been written by the same person. Also their servers seem empty on the status page, so where would the positive reviews come from?

Also, most of the positive reviews on mc-market have been written by banned users with low post count, so again I think they've been written by the owner.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

Okay hope you signed up for short duration and not 6 months or longer. Next time try LEB deals.

• Well that's not very secure.

• vyas11 said: Next time try LEB deals.

That's just mean.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@skorous said:

vyas11 said: Next time try LEB deals.

That's just mean.

But correct :D

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@skorous said:

vyas11 said: Next time try LEB deals.

That's just mean.

Not sure what you mean by that. The OP had mentioned in the original thread that they are looking to set up a seedbox. Looking at the mix or price, specs, location and Terms of providers here on LET, the OP got some offers that did not appeal to him. Maybe widening the pool rather than some random selection would help in avoiding the present situation. Therefore the suggestion. Chances could be higher someone on LET has crossed paths with a LEB provider than someone selected from another source.

OP had posted that they found a "perfect VPS" via Serverhunter. OP also posted " I can recommend this provider" Less than 24 hours later, here we are.

Sounds like the whirlwind romance did not even last 24 hours and what one would post on Snapchat (or TikTok or whatever)

Unfortunately this discussion would unnecessarily put the spotlight on serverhunter - though it was the OP who fell short on due diligence. Not blaming the OP personally- at some point(s) in time many (self included) have bought deals one should not have and then experienced buyer's remorse.

• tgltgl Member

@daerragh that backdoor was made to 'detect' who is using his script illegally but I think its a bit unethical and extreme to add the container to a docker swarm and be able to execute stuff on people's machines, still if you look a little deeper you will see the person owning the company is 19 years old, which would explain the attitude for some people, also the company was incorporated in March 2019.

All in all, this company needs to wait a few years before i would trust them with my stuff.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I blame PMS for this.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

well now ... a whiff of tame drama from a safe distance is usually music to my jaded ears ...

hopefully will be as educational as it is entertaining

just to balance the perspective expressed by @vyas11 - personally I'm okay with people ignoring any and all "free" advice as long as they don't end up hyperventilating and PMSing all over the place in the aftermath.

It can only help to broaden our epistemological horizons. :smiley:

I think if paying month-to-month and using just for torrenting then wouldn't worry too much about this one as long as the spice keeps flowing.

Looking at the some of the comments on trustpilot and mcmarket there is some justifiable concern mainly about joining a docker swarm via a "pterodactyl" installation script - not sure if the ban from mcmarket for privacy violation / ip leakage relates to that or something else.

without knowing anything more about the details I'm inclined to take all that noise with several grains of salt. While I wouldn't trust this provider to safegaurd sensitive data, that's generally how I feel about most online services, as paved with good intentions as some may claim to be.

@cybertech - I'm wondering how was your overall experience with this provider when you tried them earlier this year?

People like OP are why we have one-day marriages.

• No thanks bro.

Thanked by 1shallownorthdakota
  • What does: "Banned Forever For: TOS Violation (Privacy Breach) (IP Logging) (Including RAT(s) in Resources) " RATs in Resources mean? does anyone know?

• @Sofia_K said:
    RATs in Resources mean? does anyone know?

• @Sofia_K said:
    What does: "Banned Forever For: TOS Violation (Privacy Breach) (IP Logging) (Including RAT(s) in Resources) " RATs in Resources mean? does anyone know?

Turning people's computers / servers into zombies.

• tgltgl Member

@Sofia_K i explained that above.

• Hi,
    I am the owner of SecureSRV. I think I should explain what really happened.

First of all, regarding the status page: I have gotten quite a few new nodes lately so they are not completely filled yet. Even on some full nodes (such as the US - Miami - Standard or US - New York - Standard 1), the bandwidth usage is relatively low because I don't oversell and frankly, I am not entirely sure if the bandwidth monitor from HetrixTools is entirely accurate.

Now onto the drama...
    A while ago, I was selling my script on MC-Market, which gets leaked almost every other day. As MC-Market staff could not do anything to help the situation, and they could not even provide me with the list of downloaders, I decided to solve the problem myself.

Yes, it was a mistake to logs IPs of the servers that ran the script (so I could later blacklist the ones using nulled software) without disclosing it, it was purely done for anti-piracy purposes. I did it in a hastly manner to catch the leakers

Of course, some competitors, most notably - and I do feel the need to publicly call him out here - was a guy named ItzMayed (owner of TitanNodes.com), took advantage of the situation and called it a RAT (which it clearly was not). Make no mistake, this individual claimed that it was a RAT and pushed for my ban on MC-Market with the intention of eliminating competition. He even went so far as do digging up my private information from his WHMCS, including home address, my IP (yes, how ironic), Facebook profile, birth date, etc... and leaked them while spreading the conspiracy that I was going to kill myself. It is disgusting what these people do nowadays.

Proof of these claims was already sent to a staff member and I would prefer not to disclose it here (because obviously, it has a lot of my information in it).

Regards,
    Thien

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Ethereal739 Any $2.99/yr deal?

@Ethereal739 Any $0.99/yr deal?

• edited October 2019

@Ethereal739 Can you Paypal me $10.99 CAD?

*Edit: I just skipped the FREE part.
    *Edit2: That's only like $7 USD
    *Edit4: Does it include an /80 of ipv6?
    *Edit2: Can I host adult?
    *Edit: Do you think Front 242 is EBM or Industrial?
    *Edit7: @thanksbro

• @FAT32 said:

@deank said:

No, unfortunately. I am a reseller (the kind that rents a dedicated server to sell VPSes) and the IPs cost me from $1-$2/each/month.

I am currently using ReliableSite, Hetzner, ServerEasy, PrimeNodes (EncryptedLaser), and as you can imagine, I would lose a ton of money selling at that price :)

• edited October 2019

@Ethereal739 said:

@FAT32 said:

@deank said:

No, unfortunately. I am a reseller (the kind that rents a dedicated server to sell VPSes) and the IPs cost me from $1-$2/each/month.

I am currently using ReliableSite, Hetzner, ServerEasy, PrimeNodes (EncryptedLaser), and as you can imagine, I would lose a ton of money selling at that price :)

Have you considered Hetzner?

Edit3: Is it still trendy to consider? I don't get out much.

• @shallownorthdakota said:

@Ethereal739 said:

@FAT32 said:

@deank said:

I am actually using Hetzner ;)

• I have to consider considering about issues that consider my well being and considering my actions of late I should consider the consequences of considering to give a fuck.

• @Ethereal739 said:

@shallownorthdakota said:

@Ethereal739 said:

@FAT32 said:

@deank said:

I am actually using Hetzner ;)

Thank you for your support. I was going to consider Hetzner.

• @daerragh said:

vyas11 said: you seemed pretty happy here , then provide a link to Trustpilot [reviews here] 90 reviews with 89 percent excellent rating. That is not bad at all! (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3028705/#Comment_3028705)

@uptime gave his insights in the last post in this thread.

Yes, that was before I've read the reviews. The positive ones on trustpilot look like they've been written by the same person. Also their servers seem empty on the status page, so where would the positive reviews come from?

Also, most of the positive reviews on mc-market have been written by banned users with low post count, so again I think they've been written by the owner.

I would like to point out that all of my Trustpilot reviews are from real customers except 3 of the 1 stars which appear to be from the same spammer (reviews right after each other, having only 1 review, all from the UK, all new accounts, etc)

This discussion has been closed.