Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostdoc Review - I didn't make a backup. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostdoc Review - I didn't make a backup.

13»

Comments

• dahartigan said: Show me a web hosting company that doesn't offer backups...

I'm not talking about manual backups through cPanel or directadmin which a customer has to take. (Or the automated backup in similar way)

I'm referring to: The server backups/account backups which are taken nightly/daily by the web hosting provider and moved to their own remote server. - If such thing is NOT offered by a shared or managed VPS web host, then better do not buy hosting account with them.

• @Sofia_K said:

dahartigan said: Show me a web hosting company that doesn't offer backups...

I'm not talking about manual backups through cPanel or directadmin which a customer has to take. (Or the automated backup in similar way)

I'm referring to: The server backups/account backups which are taken nightly/daily by the web hosting provider and moved to their own remote server. - If such thing is NOT offered by a shared or managed VPS web host, then better do not buy hosting account with them.

Did you read the thread?
    The servers data was backed up and retained for one month.

However, cyberpanel shared hosting at £1.50 per year or free with cpanel or directadmin hosting does not have any form of offsite backup available or offered as it is simply not economical.

Cyberpanel hosting was never intended to be a hosting platform for critical sites. We have cpanel shared hosting for that or directadmin reseller hosting, both of which have local and offsite backups included and are offcourse more expensive.

You cannot expect such features in such cheap plans. It is totally unrealistic.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

First: This is not a review but simple bashing. So don't call it review.

Second: I actually have done a real review and benchmark of multiple @HostDoc VPSs. And the result was in all cases rather positive. -> https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158503/multi-site-multi-vps-review-hostdoc

Third: I'm sorry that you seem to have lost millions of dollars on a roughly $1.50 per year hosting. Being a developer myself let me offer some advice: (a) be sure to backup your work. Hint: The "your" in that sentence clearly tells you who is responsible for that, and (b) upgrade your hosting to existing locations and go luxurious, maybe even spend $3 per year on hosting.

TL;DR

• My real benchmark and review clearly shows that you are trying to sell us BS.
    • Make backups.
    • Don't raise sh_tstorms based on lies and stupidity.

Have a nice day.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I use RAID for my backups. It's the only way forward.

• tgltgl Member
    edited October 2019

The OP had a backup, it was stored in a folder called backup on the server.

The dev also had a backup, but it was on the same server (as he recommended this hosting plan) and was also on vacation, with the OP.

The OP is not answering anymore because she is again on vacation.

I wish I was on vacation.

• This looks more like a shitstorm compared to a review. Even if you are on premium plans, always keeping local backups is a good idea. Kudos to HostDoc for their good communication before the server was plugged off. They even offered a refund. What else does OP expect?

Thanked by 1thanksbro

A full refund :joy:

Thanked by 1thanksbro
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

She wanted a gentle tug. Instead got slaps instead.

She left.

• Refund the data!

premium $200 website was lost and month-long holiday was retrospectively ruined!

malpractice lawsuit incoming!

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

• Maybe OP bought super cheap holiday trip and didn't realize there were no internet. That's why doc's emails were unseen. A long vacation smells like OP only bought one way ticket, because it was so cheap. And didn't realize it's not full trip...

Sorry, but I don't understand this. Why people think of getting full service almost for free..? Here are quite often threads where someone is complaining about bad service etc.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • I also had a bad experience with them

• I use HostDoc -for- my backups.

• @dijedodol said:
    I also had a bad experience with them

Congrats on your third comment and on your first since November 2018. Care to elaborate?

Thanked by 2dahartigan ITLabs
  • @riot said:
    I use HostDoc -for- my backups.

Make sure you use the backup feature in the control panel for an extra (provider-level) backup of your backups ;)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Simple, really. She has like 50 accounts. Gotta use some of them to build up "reputation" to use it later.

Thanked by 1shallownorthdakota
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@sanvit said:

@yokowasis said:
    The last time I fucked up was when I am on cloudjiffy. I delete my container and didn't take backup. Good thing the support are very nice and doing some recovery for me. But it's way over the $2 / year. Like $200 / year more. Maybe you can go with them if your data is important.

Is data recoverable after deleting the VM/Environment? Can agree tho that their support is awesome

We keep last 10 days worth of backups of each of your containers. You can ask for a restore via ticket, we are working on adding self service restores to the portal.

Thanked by 1sanvit