Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transmission-daemon:tracker did not respond
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transmission-daemon:tracker did not respond

putaorenputaoren Member
edited November 2013 in Help

Hi I currently have transmission-daemon installed as a web interface torrent client,i can login,but can't make it download,it gives me a "tracker did not respond" error,but rtorrent works well,i don't know where the problem is.Can anyone help me with it?
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• As far as i know, transmission can only use 1 tracker

Try using Deluge, works way better then transmission :)

Thanked by 1putaoren
  • @joodle said:
    As far as i know, transmission can only use 1 tracker

Try using Deluge, works way better then transmission :)

Thanks!Tried it,woks fine,except the web UI is a bit complex.

Even so,I still want to try transmission-daemon,it's more light-weight.

• Maybe the tracker doesn't support transmission?

Thanked by 1putaoren
  • @JerryHou said:
    Maybe the tracker doesn't support transmission?

Seems not.I installed it on anthor server,it worked!I find out on google it may be something with ipv6 settings network issue.Not sure!Figuring it out.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2013

Some hosts also have the known IP's of public trackers firewalled. obviously not the case here but thought I would add that for anyone that stumbles on this via the google in 2 years time.

• It seem fine for me on Debian 6 and transmission-daemon 2.03-2 right off the debian squeeze repo

• OS? transmission version? Torrent file?

• Also host, many hosts may automatically kill any process with the name transmission-daemon.

Mun

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited November 2013

@Mun said:
    Also host, many hosts may automatically kill any process with the name transmission-daemon.

Mun

True, experienced this once before with securedragon.
    At least they are cool to let me know that they've kill the process and then i know that they don't allow it (and so i din't do that again)

It's a happy ending =)

• Thanks all,i restart my server,now it works.One problem,I find only http trackers are shown in transmission web UI,udp trackers are not in the list,maybe this is what caused me in trouble today.