Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Portable SSH clients for working between different Windows PCs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Portable SSH clients for working between different Windows PCs?

I often work on different Win10 PCs and need access to my VPSs (about 5 nodes). Is there any software could let me bring the server information along without export/import?

Currently I am using putty/kitty portable to save all my SSH configurations/keys on a USB/cloud drive. When I am working on a new PC, I just launch kitty from there.

Any other good options? Thanks.

Comments

• I use mRemoteNG - Save configurations to google drive. Load configurations file from anywhere if needed :)

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2019

@seriesn said:
    I use mRemoteNG - Save configurations to google drive. Load configurations file from anywhere if needed :)

Same, but not GDrive. Been doing that for a long time and it works perfect. I do wish MRNG had an Android app though.. :(

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • runalshrunalsh Member
    edited October 2019

-

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • @seriesn said:
    I use mRemoteNG - Save configurations to google drive. Load configurations file from anywhere if needed :)

Thanks. So just download the zip from their website, configure one time, and save the config on the cloud or USB, then I can bring it along? I will try that right now.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

mRemoteNG is prem.

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • MobaXterm has a portable version . It's an SSH client and much more
    https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/download-home-edition.html

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • Go tool free with Apache Guacamole

Apache Guacamole is a clientless remote desktop gateway. It supports standard protocols like VNC, RDP, and SSH.

We call it clientless because no plugins or client software are required.

Thanks to HTML5, once Guacamole is installed on a server, all you need to access your desktops is a web browser.

Thanked by 3uptime JerryHou AMXRT
  • Another approach would be to set up a single VPS that you run screen or tmux in, which is connected to the servers you're managing. Only one set of credentials to memorize.

Thanked by 2uptime JerryHou
  • @MikeA said:

@seriesn said:

Same, but not GDrive. Been doing that for a long time and it works perfect. I do wish MRNG had an Android app though.. :(

This thing is godsend. Agreed, only if there was an app for ios or Android. Probably one of the few , I would gladly pay for.

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • @JerryHou said:

@seriesn said:

Thanks. So just download the zip from their website, configure one time, and save the config on the cloud or USB, then I can bring it along? I will try that right now.

Yep. And this is probably the best SSH client you will ever use on a windows environment.

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • Well, you always create a batch file and save that batch file into the cloud and sync it across your pc. that's what I do, using putty.

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@dahartigan said:
    Another approach would be to set up a single VPS that you run screen or tmux in, which is connected to the servers you're managing. Only one set of credentials to memorize.

^ much to be said for this approach since it facilitates persistent connections. And, in some situations it's also nice to have the option to restrict ssh access to your other boxes so as to allow access only via your "bastion" host(s).

thinking about this a bit - this setup seems most useful for a "one-to-many" connection scenario. But it will at least solve part (maybe the larger part) of the "many-to-many" requirement described in the OP.

Thanked by 2dahartigan JerryHou
  • mremote and google cloud shell if behind a proxy

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • Guacamole! :)

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • xshell?

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • https://remotedesktopmanager.com/compare

I have the paid version from last year's Black Friday but I believe the free version still syncs the database through Devolutions vault or whatever. Highly recommended.

Thanked by 1JerryHou