Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to "add" storage to a Kimsufi server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best way to "add" storage to a Kimsufi server?

I have a 2tb Kimsufi server and I'd like to add some more cheap storage to it somehow. Looking to add at least another 2 TB to it.

Are there any cheap block storage solutions or otherwise that would work with this in some way?

Comments

• You can just pick up another 2TB dedi for $10 and set up some share. I don't think Kimsufi supports vRack though.

Or upgrade to the KS-4 for 4TB @ $17.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2019

Getting a 2nd Kimsufi and setting up a Samba or NFS mount will beat anything else* in terms of price and performance. Oh I should say an NBD or iSCSI export perhaps could beat even that, but that assumes you are fine with a static allocation of space between the dedis, and more risk reliability-wise if the "storage" one goes down.

*(Short of replacing your server itself, for one with more local storage).

• Getting bigger kimsufi or SYS is recommended. Since kimsufi servers has 100Mbps only, shouldn't add more network load into that.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

@lebidule said:
    You have very cheap storage at https://www.soyoustart.com/us/server-storage/

Probably discontinued. I don't see the stock being replenished for more than 3 months now.

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited October 2019

@rm_ said:
    Getting a 2nd Kimsufi and setting up a Samba or NFS mount will beat anything else* in terms of price and performance. Oh I should say an NBD or iSCSI export perhaps could beat even that, but that assumes you are fine with a static allocation of space between the dedis, and more risk reliability-wise if the "storage" one goes down.

*(Short of replacing your server itself, for one with more local storage).

moosefs + wireguard ;-)
    Make sure you use metalogger(s) so you don't lose much if any data should the server that's the master die.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

It's going to suck since those all are 100Mbps. Using remote storage will be quite fun.

Thanked by 2uptime vimalware