Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Da To Cpanel help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Da To Cpanel help

Hi i have to shift one server database to the cpanel so any best way to move already sync the home directory now time to shift database i have tried cpanel transfer tool its not working any other method to move it easier any expert?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    Thanked by 1MikePT
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Just run a mysqldump, create a new database and execute the dump you just created. Repeat for all databases. ezpz :-)

Do note that you have to use the exact same usernames/ passwords, or edit those in the config files of your applications.

Thanked by 1bharatwaj
  • @RickBakkr said:
    Just run a mysqldump, create a new database and execute the dump you just created. Repeat for all databases. ezpz :-)

Do note that you have to use the exact same usernames/ passwords, or edit those in the config files of your applications.

its almost 500 accounts there

• @MikePT hope u had custom script for such kinda task please share it if u had
    @Francisco hopes u had tooo

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I've not done any DA->cPanel conversions, I wasn't aware of anything for it.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

okay cnt we sync the MySQL directories directly? i hope is there any script available which converts databases

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jokymic said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

okay cnt we sync the MySQL directories directly? i hope is there any script available which converts databases

You could but I don't know if DA would import the databases that way.

At least in cpanel they have a 'database map' that marks what user owns what database.

It's possible DirectAdmin just checks the prefix.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@jokymic said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

You could but I don't know if DA would import the databases that way.

At least in cpanel they have a 'database map' that marks what user owns what database.

It's possible DirectAdmin just checks the prefix.

Francisco

https://forums.cpanel.net/resources/how-to-manually-migrate-from-plesk-ensim-or-directadmin.447/ this one is working finally there was a permission issue fixed it now working like a charm thanks everyone :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Francisco please check your inbox for a while need to discuss something #urgent

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2019

@jokymic said:
    @Francisco please check your inbox for a while need to discuss something #urgent

You do know that if you were losing billions of dollars per day right now it wouldn't be @Francisco who is to blame, but you, eh? Fran is not your dedicated L3 Tech,you know? If you ask for help, may as well do it in a patient and kindly manner OR pay someone to do it fast& efficiently.

• @ympker it was not related to this kinda a stuff it was something elsse

• deankdeank Member, Troll

A love letter perhaps?

• yup there was something else

• i just requested him to check inbox is its wrong to request someone?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Yes, it's wrong on Sunday.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jokymic said:
    @MikePT hope u had custom script for such kinda task please share it if u had
    @Francisco hopes u had tooo

Its all custom. :)

@AnthonySmith thank you for the recommendation mate!