Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a <4 USD vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a <4 USD vps

msoayu56msoayu56 Member
edited September 2019 in General

I am using CloudCone now, but the backup service is too expensive!
So I need a vps:
Located in us
At least 512mb ram
20gb hdd/sdd
1 cpu
At least 500gb bandwidth
Change ip anytime, free or <1$
Providing free backup service
KVM
1Gbps

Comments

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited September 2019

Before anyone says anything, is that per month or year?

If it's per month, I have an Inception storage VPS in UK and they do USA.
    http://inceptionhosting.com/kvmstoragevps.html 13 euros per year

The IP bit is questionable. Definitely not <$1.

• msoayu56 said: Change ip anytime, free or <1$

Assuming nothing due to prohibited activities?

Thanked by 1pluush
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

check Buyvm.net , anynode.net , OVH

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited September 2019

This won't end well, for the host.

Thanked by 2ITLabs ViridWeb
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

ManishPant said: check Buyvm.net , anynode.net , OVH

Thanks but we don't include free backups.

We intend to offer backups soon but we'll most likely charge 5% of the VPS price to cover it.

We've tried to do free backups before but when something breaks the act of fixing it goes to the back burner for actual paying work.

Francisco

Thanked by 2ITLabs coreflux
  • @Francisco said:
    We intend to offer backups soon but we'll most likely charge 5% of the VPS price to cover it.

5% is quite good, how many retension?

@hiphiphip0 said:

@Francisco said:

5% is quite good, how many retension?

I'm thinking 3, but can probably be talked into more.

Do Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Francisco

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Fran, no offense but no Friday please. I don't want backups from Friday 13. The chance is rare but it happens.

• @Francisco said:

How about charge by retension? let the user set backup schedule as cronjob.
    It could be more flexsible like daily for 7 days, weekly for 4 weeks, monthly for 2 month or 3 for yesterday, last week, last month.

@hiphiphip0 said:

@Francisco said:

How about charge by retension? let the user set backup schedule as cronjob.
    It could be more flexsible like daily for 7 days, weekly for 4 weeks, monthly for 2 month or 3 for yesterday, last week, last month.

If we integrated billing we could do that but for now I'll pick a solid 'default'.

Francisco

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited September 2019

seriesn said: Assuming nothing due to prohibited activities?

The username and request makes me think of chinese gfw banning the IP

Thanked by 1pluush
  • @hzr said:

If it's due to IP banning, it most likely is being used as a VPN, which doesn't really need backups IMO?

Thanked by 1pluush
  • @hzr said:

That is true! My CloudCone ip is banned by gfw...... I am not sure it will banned again in October......
    2$ is a bit expensive for me, and I make a website on it, backup service is 2$ per month......

Still expensive for me 😣

Thanked by 1pluush
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

hello @msoayu56 - check ramnode (@Nick_A) for hourly-billed 512 MB ram KVM with snaphots for $3 per month (plus some charge per GB for snapshot storage - maybe check with @Nick_A to confirm the exact amount). Though I'm not sure about cost for changing IP (and would guess that support for this might be limited to very occasional changes in any case).

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159809/ramnode-limited-time-promo-get-an-extra-50-cloud-credit/p1 (note the promotion mentioned in this thread is over for how but might be back for black friday)

If Canada could work then Lunanode is good for similarly priced offer ($3.50 per month for 512 MB KVM + I think something like $0.03 per GB per month for snapshots. Extra "floating" IP might be $1 per month each.)

EDIT2:

Also sometimes Vultr has a 512 MB kvm for $3.50 per month in limited locations (recently I saw this available in New Jersey). They offer snapshots, not sure about cost for storage. I think any extra IP probably will be expensive though.

EDIT3:

@freerangecloud might have cheap annual 512 MB kvm ($15 per yesr) in some US locations (such as Fremont California). Not sure about snapshots and IP changes, might be worth checking with them for details though.

Thanked by 2Nick_A ITLabs
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2019

@msoayu56 You’ve been @uptime ’d ! That is you have received a detailed list of options and recommendations.
    To add to the list might want to check out the @CycloneServers offer posted recently. Does not mention backups but you might want to ask.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2019

if required VPN? why not to purchase the VPN service instead of VPS, it’s big difference as with VPN you will get multiple location and possibilities to purchase additional dedicated IPv4 addresses.

• If it's just your website getting blocked, maybe putting something like CloudFlare might save you from the IP blocks?

• I am not sure if there is any better deals for backup , you can use KVM 1GB + Block Storage Slab (500GB) for $6/month from @Francisco . It works for me, I set the cpanel to backups to do backups!
    The issue it that you wont be able to restore a single file or account you like you do in R1soft or Acronics, But well you get what you pay for!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

uptime said: (plus some charge per GB for snapshot storage - maybe check with @Nick_A to confirm the exact amount)

Thanks! $0.05/GB/mo

Thanked by 1uptime