Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you need? What you want?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you need? What you want?

Hey! Do you miss some kind of service or specific configuration? Or would you like to see a more diverse offer from providers? Or are you fine?

Some possible options that come to mind:

• VMs with better specs (more RAM/vCores, dedicated cores, higher clock)
  • Storage (large HDD or fast NVMe, block/object storage)
  • Worldwide OVZ7 NATs
  • High-availability clusters (multiple DCs)
  • Alternatives to MXroute/MailChannels
  • Managed Application Hosting (wordpress, nextcloud, plex etc)
  • Shared hosting at exotic locations
  • Resource Pools
  • Managed Anycast DNS/GeoDNS

Anything else? Just throw up everything you want/need/desire here!

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited September 2019

What a discreet market survey.

Rand did it better before he got called out.

• yes

Thanked by 1Ctc
  • @deank said:

It is a market survey. Is there any problem with that? Does it hurt you?

One of the best ways to develop products/services is by listening to customers - their opinions, values ​​and priorities. Of course just asking what customers want is not the right approach, asking what they want a new product or service to do for them would be better.

You can contribute or not, the choice is yours. If you're ok eating only what providers feed you, the choice is yours too.

• @caracal said:
    yes

discuss

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited September 2019

4vcores, 4gb ram, 40gb SSD Raid 10 with 4TB bandwidth on 1 gbit
    CPU over 9000 geekbench

• @deank said:

You're insecure.

• I need an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3000-series, 1024GB DDR4 RAM, 6 x 2TB NVMe.

Oh... I'm willing to pay $7

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • AC_FanAC_Fan Member
    edited September 2019

Ctc said: VMs with better specs (more RAM/vCores, dedicated cores, higher clock)

Easily available, especially in Germany.
    Hetzner, NetCup, First-Root, PHP-Friends, HostDoc, Scaleway, StockServers: we're spoiled for choice right now.

Ctc said: Storage (large HDD or fast NVMe, block/object storage)

Also easily available, with a little bit of scale at less than 2.5 USD per TB (Hetzner the biggest example).

Ctc said: Worldwide OVZ7 NATs

It's a pretty niche market, but we do have a couple of providers I believe.

Ctc said: High-availability clusters (multiple DCs)

LunaNode and CloudJiffy (?) do cover quite a bit of HA solutions at comparatively lower prices. And setting it up yourself is more often than not better (KISS and you know how everything is set up, without relying on the Cloud™).

Ctc said: Alternatives to MXroute/MailChannels

We don't have alternatives because mail, especially mail delivery, is hard. Besides @jar and MC, the only consistent relays are AWS SES and Postmark (imho).

Ctc said: Managed Application Hosting (wordpress, nextcloud, plex etc)

This is an area where there is potential for growth, especially in the low end segment.

Ctc said: Shared hosting at exotic locations

@Mic-hael 's SmallWeb. Finis.

Ctc said: Resource Pools

Another niche market, tho HostDoc has some nice pools, and WisHosting has psuedo-pools, I think.

Ctc said: Managed Anycast DNS/GeoDNS

Plenty of providers for that, just check DnsPerf and then find the best fit for you.

Tl;Dr: Some opportunities are available, but we are pretty saturated in generic VMs and whatnot.

• LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
    edited September 2019

@Ctc said:
    One of the best ways to develop products/services is by listening to customers - their opinions, values ​​and priorities.

To be fair I don’t think anyone is your ‘customer’ as you don’t have a provider tag therefore have never offered anything for sale here.

What have your ‘customers’ existing said so far?

• @LeonDynamic said:

@Ctc said:
    One of the best ways to develop products/services is by listening to customers - their opinions, values ​​and priorities.

To be fair I don’t think anyone is your ‘customer’ as you don’t have a provider tag therefore have never offered anything for sale here.

What have your ‘customers’ existing said so far?

ROFLMAO. Excuse me, do I need a "precious" provider tag to ask something here? Please point me to the rule.

It's a straightforward question. Is there anything better or different that you (the customer) would like your beloved providers (the market) to offer? Certainly the few answers to this question may eventually help me and others here, or not.

Take @AC_Fan, for instance. He chose to spend his time (thank you @AC_Fan!) writing a helpful answer. His insights can be valuable to anyone who is already in the market or wants to venture out. You have chosen to spend your time writing a piece of BS. I think this is how the world works, and it is perfectly fine. So, thank you too!

• @AC_Fan I really appreciate your answer, thanks.

edited September 2019

@Ctc said:
    ROFLMAO. Excuse me, do I need a "precious" provider tag to ask something here?

No, you do not. At least, I don't think so. The rules tend to change daily, so what do I know.

But a question like yours is asked pretty much once every 2 or 3 days, so searching the forum will yield a similar pattern of answers.

Unsustainable deals.

To be frank, these are not your customers. In fact, they are your mortal enemies. They will try to exploit you and try to take you down at any given opportunities.

Thanked by 2ITLabs Ctc
  • @Ctc No problem! I usually avoid such questions, however, you at least took the effort of separating different areas of hosting and adding a reasonable amount of info, so I was willing to go into detail a bit. Don't hesitate to ask if you have a reasonable doubt, at least one person will usually answer.

Thanked by 1Ctc
  • Who are you?

What do you want?

Why are you here?

Where are you going?

I am deank.

I want nigh.

To spread the brief.

To the very nigh.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Ctc said: do I need a "precious" provider tag

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • I like tortles

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited September 2019

@SirFoxy said:
    I like tortles

Which flavor?

• Most of the stuff you mentioned is already available at a reasonable price. However, managed HA clustered apps (maybe with anycast or GeoDNS) might have some room for a new market (never seen anyone doing it), especially on the low end. However, I'm not quite sure if that could be done on low-end on the first place (multiple servers, management fees, etc.)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • I want unmetered 100Gbps connection line ( even if it runs on ESP32 )

• @ITLabs said:

@SirFoxy said:
    I like tortles

Which flavor?

Green

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

SirFoxy said: Green

I recommend mauve...it has the most RAM.

Thanked by 2ITLabs SirFoxy
  • I need everything cheap, reliable, and high redundant, thanks yo

• For storage I want cheap HDD because I use it only for personal use. So not having SSD or NVMe is fine with me.
    For general purpose VPS, I wish we start getting a dedicated core or at least half dedicated core for cheap. as this will help website scale a bit when more visitors come. Yesterday I did a small test on my 1vCPU VPS hosting one WordPress site (with only 3, 4 plugins as I am still working on the site) having 0 visitors. Did 5 visitor/sec test and CPU immediately shot up to 100%.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2019

Anything else? Just throw up everything you want/need/desire here!

You can Ask This Guy, he'll tell ya.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Back on topic: Juniper Berries. I need Juniper Berries.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @Amitz said:
    Back on topic: Juniper Berries. I need Juniper Berries.

Will Dingle Berries work?

Thanked by 2ITLabs Amitz
  • sexsual healing babe

• @AuroraZ
    Organic or conventional? Sifted and colourselected? 40tons for prompt delivery available?