Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

remote pc access
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

remote pc access

Teamviewer recently started flagging me as a "commercial" user even though I only use it for personal things. Looking the the support forums this is a huge issue for many other users also. The reason I used it was because it seems to be the only way I can get out from my corporate network to my home pc. SSH traffic also seems to be blocked on any port. When I tried some of the web ssh solutions it gets blocked since it requires valid certificates etc.

Anyway I'm asking if anyone knows of an alternative to teamviewer that get get through proxies/firewalls just as effective or have other ideas for me to get to the outside world. SSH or any remote access would be great.

Comments

• james50ajames50a Member
    edited September 2019

Setup your own vpn (ie openvpn) server to encrypt traffic and set the port to be whatever isnt blocked on your network. That way you basically bypass all corporate network restrictions

• I'm having the same problem with you.

So for now, I try :

• Google Chrome Remote Desktop
    • Cloudberry Remote Assistant
    • Ammy Admin

But if for connecting as in local without port blocking, I use Tinc. One VPS as Tinc Server, one laptop as Tinc Client, one Raspy as Tinc Client, one PC as Tinc Client.

All access to each device with no port blocking. Just need internal IP, such 10.0.0.1-10.0.0.200

Thanked by 1hjlow
  • aaronstuderaaronstuder Member
    edited September 2019

Anydesk. It's made by some old teamviewer employees, if I rememeber correctly ;)

Thanked by 1hjlow
  • @aaronstuder said:
    Anydesk. It's made by some old teamviewer employees, if I rememeber correctly ;)

thanks but I tried that and it doesn't get through the firewall/proxy :/

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Ultraviewer / AnyDesk

Thanked by 1hjlow
  • I use Neorouter free to get through firewalls and routers and then use the neorouter IP in Teamviewer directly. Doesn't go through TV servers and no warning. You can leave it open for days.

You can also try Remote Utilities.

Thanked by 1hjlow
  • Thanked by 1hjlow
  • Parallels access ($20/year, web browser or mobile app remote access to Windows PC).
    https://www.parallels.com/products/access/compare-plans/

Thanked by 1hjlow
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

hjlow said: SSH traffic also seems to be blocked on any port. When I tried some of the web ssh solutions it gets blocked since it requires valid certificates etc.

Even places like gotossh.com?

Or you could always go in through a provider's console to your VPS and ssh from there.

Or host Ajaxterm yourself.

Thanked by 1hjlow
  • Could try connectwise control (Screenconnect)

https://www.connectwise.com/software/control/free

Should be free for 3 access agents or 1 on-demand session (Free is limited to one concurrent active session, you can use the on-demand session and the access agents but you can't be connected to both at the same time)

Thanked by 1hjlow