Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server under $149?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server under $149?

Minimum specifications:

99.9% uptime
Located in the USA
A CPU that scores >2100 on "Single Thread Rating" from CPUbenchmark.net
8GB RAM
32GB SSD or HDD
100TB bandwidth @ 1Gb/s

This will be a VPN server.

Comments

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

Hi:

E3-1230, 32GB RAM, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

• @georgedatacenter said:
    Hi:

E3-1230, 32GB RAM, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

E3-1230's single thread score is 1840, and I don't need that much storage or RAM either.

Thank you for the offer, though.

Thanked by 1georgedatacenter
  • Definitely ReliableSite, they have plenty of i7 and Xeons at lower than 100 dollars, with 150TB BW per server and a 100% SLA on power, cooling and network in 3 US locations (NY, LA and Miami).

• @AC_Fan said:
    Definitely ReliableSite, they have plenty of i7 and Xeons at lower than 100 dollars, with 150TB BW per server and a 100% SLA on power, cooling and network in 3 US locations (NY, LA and Miami).

I will reach out to RS.

Do they allow commercial VPN servers?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Eleutheria dropped a PM

• Eleutheria said: Minimum specifications:

You could try reaching out to @qps for something.

Thanked by 1qps
  • aliletalilet Member
    edited September 2019

VirMach provides E3-1240v2 which is pretty close to your benchmark i.e. 2030. It exceeds in RAM(32GB) and storage (240GB SSD) but lacks in bandwidth which is 10TB. Cost is $49.
    Dedicated server link (aff) given below:
    https://billing.virmach.com/aff.php?aff=2508&url=https://virmach.com/vds-dedicated-servers/

• @bharatb from the rules:

No unsolicited PM's offering services, even if you find a thread that suggests they are looking for a specific thing and you can provide it the offer must be put in public view unless the OP specifically requests PM's.

@fat32 @doghouch @hzr and probably some other mods

@georgedatacenter no 3 line sig

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@teamacc said:
    @bharatb from the rules:

No unsolicited PM's offering services, even if you find a thread that suggests they are looking for a specific thing and you can provide it the offer must be put in public view unless the OP specifically requests PM's.

@fat32 @doghouch @hzr and probably some other mods

@georgedatacenter no 3 line sig

Well, I can't offer the same pricing to everyone. But anyway thanks for reminding.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@Eleutheria do you know what your 95th percentile or average bandwidth usage will be in Mbps? How many IP addresses do you need? Do you have a preferred location?

Thanked by 1mrclown
  • look server4you

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

BharatB said: Well, I can't offer the same pricing to everyone

Could you follow the same rules as everyone else though?

Thanked by 3kkrajk BharatB Amitz
  • @qps said:
    @Eleutheria do you know what your 95th percentile or average bandwidth usage will be in Mbps? How many IP addresses do you need? Do you have a preferred location?

Must be in the USA. 1 IP address.

No clue on bandwidth. 100TB is mentioned because OpenVPN bottlenecks at ~300mbps on CPUs in this range.

• For modern VPNs support for hardware accelerated AES would be worth more than pure CPU speed. With it even modest CPUs can do more than 1Gb/s AES encryption without loading the system.

• Reliablesite
    Nfoservers
    Both have very good routing and transfer speeds.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

We can offer you now new Xeon E-2236 and E-2246G in New York.
    Also, we can offer you these CPU's in Los Angeles and Santa Clara in one week.

• @GTHost said:
    We can offer you now new Xeon E-2236 and E-2246G in New York.
    Also, we can offer you these CPU's in Los Angeles and Santa Clara in one week.

Can you host VPN servers?

This will attract attract DMCA notices, although it will be responded to in a 24 hour window.