Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap shared hosting for tiny static sites (e.g. 100MB disk & bandwidth)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap shared hosting for tiny static sites (e.g. 100MB disk & bandwidth)

danielhmdanielhm Member
edited September 2019 in Requests

Happy to pay annually or semi-annually as long as I can trust you won't disappear quickly.

1 domain, < 100MB disk, < 100MB bandwidth, 0 email, 0 database. Require PHP + outgoing HTTP connections, that's all. Any uptime more than 75% is probably good enough.

Looking for offers that work out to < $6 annually via PayPal.

Ideally purchasing 1 account per provider - but if you can show me you have multiple servers with separate nameservers etc and no obvious connection/footprint (including DNS records of the nameservers, IPs, PTR records etc) then I will happily buy 1 account per server.

PM your offers or reply here if this is of interest.

Comments

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited September 2019

danielhm said: Edit: all good, activated, hosting works great (London, UK).

Have any interest in SW's other 5 locations?

• Also @Cam has $6/year, maybe less with a discount https://hosting.gullo.me/pricing

Thanked by 2Cam danielhm
  • Go with @Francisco and https://buyshared.net/shared-cpanel-hosting/

8$ / year with amazing performance! Beats most of 8$/month premium hostings!

Not sure about outgoing http, perhaps you can contact their support regarding this.

Thanked by 1danielhm
  • donlidonli Member
    edited September 2019

Small static site. Get free tier google VPS. Install webserver. Put free tier cloudflare CDN in front of it.

Require PHP

You said "static". What are you using the PHP for?

sites

How many "sites" will you have? Are you reselling services?

• In addition to @donli's suggestion, nexusbytes @seriesn has a free shared hosting plan.

Thanked by 1danielhm
  • @ITLabs said:
    In addition to @donli's suggestion, nexusbytes @seriesn has a free shared hosting plan.

Thank you for the kind mention sir! Nothing beats free :)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • danielhmdanielhm Member
    edited September 2019

@Mic-hael said:

danielhm said: Edit: all good, activated, hosting works great (London, UK).

Have any interest in SW's other 5 locations?

Easily, but I suspect there's a way to trace you as the host which I'm looking avoid right now. Unless the other parts of my OP apply, but I doubt you would as it's wasted effort for you to maintain. I certainly plan to loop back around when I run out of other hosts!

@Mic-hael said:
    Also @Cam has $6/year, maybe less with a discount https://hosting.gullo.me/pricing
    @ITLabs said:
    In addition to @donli's suggestion, nexusbytes @seriesn has a free shared hosting plan.
    @Lex said:
    Go with @Francisco and https://buyshared.net/shared-cpanel-hosting/

8$ / year with amazing performance! Beats most of 8$/month premium hostings!

Not sure about outgoing http, perhaps you can contact their support regarding this.

I'll check these out, thanks all!

@donli said:
    Small static site. Get free tier google VPS. Install webserver. Put free tier cloudflare CDN in front of it.

Require PHP

You said "static". What are you using the PHP for?

sites

How many "sites" will you have? Are you reselling services?

Yes, already done the usual cloud suspects.

You're right, they're not technically static in all senses. For my sanity, the sites are not directly stored locally. I serve them centrally and individual hosts only use PHP to pull the pages then cache them (each site has a max of 10 pages). That way I can manage all the sites in one place and not go insane. Also, given my budget, hosts tend to vanish without warning so this way I never lose any data (I can easily afford a few days of downtime)

I add between 1 and 4 sites a month. Not reselling, these are all for me.

• for static sites one could also make good use of BunnyCDN - they offer storage at (I think) $0.01 per GB, and you can select different regions for similarly cheap bandwidth (from $0.01 to $0.06 per GB, depending on the region). You will just need to top-up your account with $10 at least once per year to keep your account active.

also can recommend shared hosting from @HostEONS and ExtraVM (@MikeA) though a bit above your budget at $1 and $1.25 per month, respectively

and I think @MikePT may still have some "lifetime" deals for MyW.pt available for about €10

Inquiring minds might want to know what the general nature of these multiple little static sites might be. I'm just guessing something something SEO ...?

Thanked by 2HostEONS danielhm
  • @uptime said:
    for static sites one could also make good use of BunnyCDN - they offer storage at (I think) $0.01 per GB, and you can select different regions for similarly cheap bandwidth (from $0.01 to $0.06 per GB, depending on the region). You will just need to top-up your account with $10 at least once per year to keep your account active.

also can recommend shared hosting from @HostEONS and ExtraVM (@MikeA) though a bit above your budget at $1 and $1.25 per month, respectively

and I think @MikePT may still have some "lifetime" deals for MyW.pt available for about €10

Inquiring minds might want to know what the general nature of these multiple little static sites might be. I'm just guessing something something SEO ...?

Brilliant, definitely going to explore that.

Yep, nail on the head. Some something SEO indeed. I've had good luck doing this so I'll keep going until the music stops.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2019

+1 for Myw.pt. Tho I think he is only doing yearly now. Good service, great attitude is a plus.
    @danielhm curious about the something seo part.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2019

multi post. self deleted.

• Domain names will cost more than hosting.

• @willie said:
    Domain names will cost more than hosting.

Not necessarily true. For the price of domain reg I get hosting + domain + privacy protection (or whatever GD calls it- masking contact details, etc.)

• for such tiny site, why not get free web hosting from reputed hosts??

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • something something seo I believed is prohibited on LET

• @willie said:
    Domain names will cost more than hosting.

Can you elaborate on why you are making this specific point?

(For what it's worth, there are a number of ways to get a domain for free/$1 if you look out for the promos that are running for new registrations if you really need to. GoDaddy, 1&1, Names run promos almost permanently if you click via a Google ad rather than browse their own website.)

@Sofia_K said:
    for such tiny site, why not get free web hosting from reputed hosts??

Fair question. Tried once and uptime is so bad it kept tripping my monitoring which only alerted for more than 12 hours of continuous downtime. It was so often its better return on my time to at least buy cheap hosting.

@yokowasis said:
    something something seo I believed is prohibited on LET

Link?

@vyas11 said:
    +1 for Myw.pt. Tho I think he is only doing yearly now. Good service, great attitude is a plus.
    @danielhm curious about the something seo part.

Same reasons people buy SEO hosting.

• williewillie Member
    edited September 2019

True, if these are throwaway domains you can get $1 promos. Otherwise the renewal fees will be way more than $1 for most TLD's. There are some free and cheap TLD's but they may get poor search placement.

• HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

For hosting we have a £1 for life DirectAdmin hosting with 100MB SSD. For a domain name you could pick one up cheaply from another provider as ours are inline with average prices so couldn't do a "throwaway" domain but least you would be sorted for hosting :smile:

Thanked by 1danielhm