Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DigitalOcean Solutions Partner Program
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DigitalOcean Solutions Partner Program

Received this email today:

Hi there,

We’re proud to introduce the DigitalOcean Solution Partner Program (SPP) today.

The SPP’s goal is to help our partners grow by providing tailored benefits, resources, and support. By combining partner-specific training, access to enablement materials, migration support, and clear and transparent pricing, we help our partners modernize their clients’ infrastructure.

We’re excited to already be working with partners providing a range of services, from cloud migrations to managed hosting services, website development, and cloud transformation. As our network grows, we’ll expand the services we provide for partners.

If you’re interested in learning more about our program, please read our recent announcement article. And if you have any questions about the program, visit our Solutions Partner Program page or send us an email: partners_at_digitalocean.com.

An overview of the benefits offered by the program:

source

So, I'm curious to know if anyone here participated in the pilot program and what would be your initial impressions.

Tks.

Comments

• this is LET, cheap steak people here... I dont think so.

Thanked by 2ITLabs webcraft
  • @ITLabs said:

So, I'm curious to know if anyone here participated in the pilot program and what would be your initial impressions.

Low End people don't spend $500.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

ITLabs said: So, I'm curious to know if anyone here participated in the pilot program and what would be your initial impressions.

This is not new (whether or not the presentation is). Though I suppose I can say I have experience with it. The Customer Success team @ DO are among the finest in the industry, and definitely beneficial to work with, for those that are in the market for a $500/m+ spend rate.

There is zero incentive for me to say any of this, so I hope it reads as sincere.

Thanked by 2ITLabs marrco
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited September 2019

Thanks for your feedback @jar. We are a DevOps store and maybe partnering with DO could bring some exposure to our business.

We have some VMs with them for a couple of years now and our experience has always been very positive.

I believe that by concentrating the infrastructure we have on other providers we could reach the $500+ level.

Don't know if it would be the right move... have to think about.

• @ITLabs said:
    Thanks for your feedback @jar. We are a DevOps store and maybe partnering with DO could bring some exposure to our business.

We have some VMs with them for a couple of years now and our experience has always been very positive.

I believe that by concentrating the infrastructure we have on other providers we could reach the $500+ level.

Don't know if it would be the right move... have to think about.

You always have to balance the advantage of dealing with a single supplier (like quantity discounts/deals) vs the wisdom of depending on a single supplier (and risking a sudden change in their service/deals a la cPanel).

• Good point @donli, thanks.

Thanked by 1webcraft