Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone offering server with E-2288G or a similar CPU or plan to offer them in the coming months?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone offering server with E-2288G or a similar CPU or plan to offer them in the coming months?

MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider
edited September 2019 in General

Hi,

We have E-2136 and are extremely happy with its performance.

Considering to get another E-2288G or a similar recent Xeon with 8C 16T with 2/4+ memory channels.

Do you know any provider that are offering or have plans to offer them in LA/Amsterdam?

Regards,
Shoss

Comments

• Yes, the new E series are great. Way better than E5s in regards to price/performance. We've been trying to procure E-22xx series but it's been difficult to get hands on these processors as of now. We do have E-21xx series servers with us.

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Globepeer said: Yes, the new E series are great. Way better than E5s in regards to price/performance. We've been trying to procure E-22xx series but it's been difficult to get hands on these processors as of now.

In terms of reliable vendors, only Mindfactory has E-2288G for now, with a 2-5 days stock period. I assume more vendors will start offering it and Intel will also start shipping it to the providers in the coming days.

What is your company name, if you don't mind me asking?

• Thank you for letting me know about Mindfactory - they're German correct? Looking for Vendors in US, China or Taiwan. My company name is Pectize Tech. If you find any other vendors selling Xeon E series processors, let us know. We've been trying to modernize our server offerings.

Yes, they are German. They are one of the largest vendors globally, I assume you already know that.

I am not really in search for CPU vendors, I am looking for providers who buy CPUs from them, so if any US vendor starts offering the new CPUs tomorrow, it might skip my radar :) But I will keep you posted If I manage to notice any US vendor with the new CPU.

• GiveAndTakeGiveAndTake Member
    edited September 2019

Ignore this post

• jonathanspwjonathanspw Member, Host Rep

@MechanicWeb said:
    Hi,

We have E-2136 and are extremely happy with its performance.

Considering to get another E-2288G or a similar recent Xeon with 8C 16T with 2/4+ memory channels.

Do you know any provider that are offering or have plans to offer them in LA/Amsterdam?

Regards,
    Shoss

Shoot me a PM. Got some offerings coming up with them.

• @OP
    If you need multithreaded performance you should look at AMD Epyc 7302P - pricing is now around
    $700 so probably similar to this Xeon but you get 16 core / 32 threads.
    Take a look at benchmarks:
    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-epyc-7302-7402&num=1

GiveAndTake said: Ignore this post

Ignored.

jonathanspw said: Shoot me a PM. Got some offerings coming up with them.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanked by 1jonathanspw

dodheimsgard said: If you need multithreaded performance you should look at AMD Epyc 7302P - pricing is now around

Not really looking to change platform. Would like to stay with Intel at this time.