Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with Windows Server 2019 - Kimsufi - QEMU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help with Windows Server 2019 - Kimsufi - QEMU

Hello, I could not find any "templates" for Windows Server 2019, so decided to try setting up the same on Kimsufi via QeMu

wget -qO- /tmp https://abcvg.ovh/uploads/need/vkvm-latest.tar.gz | tar xvz -C /tmp

cd /tmp

wget https://myISO.iso

/tmp/qemu-system-x86_64 -net nic -net user,hostfwd=tcp::3389-:3389 -m 10000M -localtime -enable-kvm -cpu core2duo,+nx -smp 2 -usbdevice tablet -k en-us -cdrom /tmp/17763.379.190312-0539.rs5_release_svc_refresh_SERVER_EVAL_x64FRE_en-us.iso -hda /dev/sda -vnc :1 -boot d

I am able to install it correctly and login. It seems to have qemu network drivers already setup, so its connected to the internet. Now, is the most crutial part.... when I restart, the server does not come back up.

if I restart qemu session, it is able to boot it correctly from the rescue. I have also disabled the firewall.

What do I need to do to ensure that correct drivers are available to be detected? How can I pre-create the "Ethernet 2" device so that it boots up successfully?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Comments

• Here's some info from another thread where the guy installed Windows Server on a WholeSaleInternet dedicated server.

Network and Driver
    After finished, enable the RDP and turn-off the firewall temporary. You can add the network driver using:

pnputil.exe -a c\yourdriver.inf

Note: In my case Windows already have the driver but I still add the driver to the DriverStore .

WSI use static IP so we must set the IP provided by WSI manually. Example:

IP: 63.141.x.x
    Gateway: 63.141.x.x
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.252

And we need to use DNS server provided by WSI also. Pick one below.

# First DNS server

# Second DNS server

This is what the support staff tell me when I can't connect even I already enable the RDP, install the network driver, and turn-off the firewall temporarily but I am enabling the DHCP.

Those are the DNS we set, once the service is online the client can change them to whatever they wish to use.

Double check everything and reboot your server.

If you can't connect to RDP you can creating netsh script to set the static IP automatically during startup or logon.

• @GuyP said:
    Here's some info from another thread where the guy installed Windows Server on a WholeSaleInternet dedicated server.

Network and Driver
    After finished, enable the RDP and turn-off the firewall temporary. You can add the network driver using:

pnputil.exe -a c\yourdriver.inf

Note: In my case Windows already have the driver but I still add the driver to the DriverStore .

WSI use static IP so we must set the IP provided by WSI manually. Example:

IP: 63.141.x.x
    > Gateway: 63.141.x.x
    > Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.252

And we need to use DNS server provided by WSI also. Pick one below.

# First DNS server
    > 192.187.107.16
    > 69.30.209.16
    > 
    > # Second DNS server
    > 208.67.220.220
    > 208.67.222.222

This is what the support staff tell me when I can't connect even I already enable the RDP, install the network driver, and turn-off the firewall temporarily but I am enabling the DHCP.

Those are the DNS we set, once the service is online the client can change them to whatever they wish to use.

Double check everything and reboot your server.

If you can't connect to RDP you can creating netsh script to set the static IP automatically during startup or logon.

Thanks. I actually got most of my commands from here. But, the first step of adding network driver is something I am not sure how to use.. I tried installing "Intel 82579 drivers", but I keep getting an error that the adapter is not found as ofcourse, over qemu, its the virtualized adapter.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

• Looks like you have the same issue I've posted here too with the same Intel drivers 82579L. Would like to know how do we install the network drivers properly before rebooting the server to hdd.
    Joodle's windows templates have the network drivers set up correctly but I wouldn't risk using some random template from the internet.

• @kalimov622 said:
    Looks like you have the same issue I've posted here too with the same Intel drivers 82579L. Would like to know how do we install the network drivers properly before rebooting the server to hdd.
    Joodle's windows templates have the network drivers set up correctly but I wouldn't risk using some random template from the internet.

Yeh. We are just missing that one small step. Alas, I haven't found correct drivers...