Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to host my own email server? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want to host my own email server?

2»

Comments

• @jar said:

@Amitz said:
    Isn't it bizarre? The big boys blocked our self-hosted eMails and wore us down until they had us on our knees. Now we have to pay for their solutions to get our eMails delivered to their mailboxes.

If they didn’t block SMTP on their cloud servers I’d have a really damning accusation on it too.

you own mxroute right?

• @I_Maks_Web_Hosting said:
    Hello guys,

I want to host a email server for few clients local, i was thinking about windows server with hmail server. yet as i experienced before almost every email going to spam folder on gmail, yahoo etc etc. can you help me how to prevent this?

I hope you all will help me :)

Thank You in advance!

It' really hard to keep email into inbox by using own emailing.i recommend you to buy server email plans

Thanked by 1Lahiru_M
  • It's not easy to keep your small-volume email server in Google's good graces. The frustrating thing is that Google doesn't give you any help as to WHY your email ended up in the spam folder. But in general:

1. Make sure your IP isn't in any blacklists (see mxtoolbox.com)
    2. Make sure your domain name isn't in any blacklists either (mxtoolbox.com again)
    3. Make sure your domain name is at least a month old
    4. Don't try to send from a dynamic IP (send through your provider's MTA if you have to)
    5. Make sure your MX DNS records are set correctly
    6. Use DKIM
    7. Get your friends who use gmail to go in their spam folder and explicitly mark your email as not spam

And even all that doesn't always work. Gmail's spam filtering is a travesty. How many times have you heard "check your spam folder" from companies you do business with?

Hmailserver is a good system, btw; they've got a very helpful forum at https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/ that may be useful to you as well.

Thanked by 3Lahiru_M uptime ITLabs
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@I_Maks_Web_Hosting said:

@jar said:

@Amitz said:
    Isn't it bizarre? The big boys blocked our self-hosted eMails and wore us down until they had us on our knees. Now we have to pay for their solutions to get our eMails delivered to their mailboxes.

If they didn’t block SMTP on their cloud servers I’d have a really damning accusation on it too.

you own mxroute right?

I do. Not here to market or anything though, hope I can share some advice that helps.

Thanked by 2uptime amsaal
  • @jar said:

@I_Maks_Web_Hosting said:

@jar said:

@Amitz said:

you own mxroute right?

I do. Not here to market or anything though, hope I can share some advice that helps.

offer trial mxroute :) ?

• Try https://mailinabox.email/

Configuring and running your own email server is pretty hard. If you don't know about PTR, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, you'd better stick with the turnkey solution.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

amsaal said: offer trial mxroute ?

Not at the moment, demand is a bit too high to be able to right now.

• @SunriseFox said:
    I made a complaint to outlook and they got me back very quickly and said it was solved… But in fact, though mails are reported accepted by them after that, still no one could receive my emails…

So I don't think it could be solved…

I have to fix this statement… After contacting Microsoft's human support my emails do reach others' inbox. One of my friends gave me a wrong inbox address when testing…

Thanked by 1uptime
  • manishmanish Member
    edited September 2019

I_Maks_Web_Hosting said: can you help me how to prevent this?

What is your https://mail-tester.com score?

Share link with us, if possible.

• Has anyone suggested mailinabox yet? I'm using that and really like it.

• @scooke said:
    Has anyone suggested mailinabox yet? I'm using that and really like it.

Look four comments above yours

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @angstrom said:

@scooke said:
    Has anyone suggested mailinabox yet? I'm using that and really like it.

Look four comments above yours

Oops, I scrolled through too quickly. Thanks for the heads up.