Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone got a chase ink preferred business card?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone got a chase ink preferred business card?

I got a few bills spread all over such as OVH singapore, Hetzner, AWS and VULTR

I wonder if anyone got this card and get 3x back on these bills? I read online that for aws bill you do get 3x.

Comments

• AWS only, has to be fully direct paid to AWS

• I checked my charges and looks like the categories are not going to work except for maybe aws?

Hetzner (Bills & utilities)
    Vultr (Personal)
    Scaleway (Shopping)
    OVH (Bills & utilities)

That sucks.

• What is this card for? I tried loading the website, but it wouldn't load.

• https://creditcards.chase.com/small-business-credit-cards/ink-business-preferred

I mainly use OVH but yea the charges have to come in the "Internet" category so I won't getting the points. Was thinking of transferring some of my hosting charges to this card.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

I've received bonus cash back on some purchases with one of the Ink cards for some colocation and IP transit, but it depends on the category that the specific company chose. One company that does colocation is classified as a "employment agency" which is obviously wrong.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I get 3% cash back on OVH, as well as some other dedicated server providers (much smaller.)

• Oh wow Mike you get 3 percent? which OVH you have? I mean where are your dedicated servers located? US? EU? Canada? Thats good news actually.

@darvil said:
    Oh wow Mike you get 3 percent? which OVH you have? I mean where are your dedicated servers located? US? EU? Canada? Thats good news actually.

Almost all locations, doesn't matter since they all go through OVH CA.

• I do not get any cash back for OVH when it is paid in EUR.

edited September 2019

Many service providers in the U.S. get you 3% cash back on the Ink business cards. OVH, NameCheap, Reliable@Site, Hive@locity, Fiber@Hub are just a few that I know get it.

• I'm paying in singapore dollars though. Wonder if that is an issue or if I have to pay in USD.

• For business cards, I use Vista Print.

Oh, you meant business credit card. Give Vista Print a little time...

Thanked by 2ITLabs danielhm
  • TimboJones said: For business cards, I use Vista Print.

I've found them to have terrible quality (Moo is better)..

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @hzr said:

TimboJones said: For business cards, I use Vista Print.

I've found them to have terrible quality (Moo is better)..

If your business card is too fancy, you're an asshole. I just need quantity, if I win two free lunch draws the cards pay for themselves.

• TimboJones said: if I win two free lunch draws the cards pay for themselves.

Is that what you use those for? The bowls here for them all have something like "putting a card in will sign you up for mailing list and phone lists"

• @hzr said:

TimboJones said: if I win two free lunch draws the cards pay for themselves.

Is that what you use those for? The bowls here for them all have something like "putting a card in will sign you up for mailing list and phone lists"

To a restaurant? If it's coupons, sounds good to me.

Note to self, make fake business cards for future lunch draws.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited September 2019

Yeah it's almost never restaurant coupons - the bowl itself will be in a restaurant, but the "win a free lunch" was paid for by some third party company like a dentist or real estate agent that will then spam the shit out of everyone in it.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ TimboJones
  • @hzr said:
    Yeah it's almost never restaurant coupons - the bowl itself will be in a restaurant, but the "win a free lunch" was paid for by some third party company like a dentist or real estate agent that will then spam the shit out of everyone in it.

Goddamn, of course.

Taking suggestions on future business card businesses that will have problems fitting into any desirable marketing list.