Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blesta 4.7 Launches! (Stripe 3DSecure support, better DirectAdmin integration, etc)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blesta 4.7 Launches! (Stripe 3DSecure support, better DirectAdmin integration, etc)

FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Just got alerted on Discord about this :slight_smile:

https://www.blesta.com/2019/09/12/blesta-4.7-released/

Oh, and if you're a BuyVM/BuyShared customer, you can get your free Blesta license at https://buyvm.net/software/blesta-licenses

;)

Francisco

Comments

• Finally, been waiting for Stripe 3D secure :)

• @Francisco are you going to make the move to Blesta?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@LeonDynamic said:
    @Francisco are you going to make the move to Blesta?

No.

If I move billing panels itll be to something integrated into stallion.

Francisco

Thanked by 2LeonDynamic Ympker
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Does blesta support xero with a plugin?

We have this in WHMCS where it automatically updates Payments and invoices.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited September 2019

@experttechit said:
    Does blesta support xero with a plugin?

We have this in WHMCS where it automatically updates Payments and invoices.

I don't think so.

I saw the 4.7 Beta last week, that was a quick release! :) And some sweet features, the DirectAdmin module is a needed improvement from 4.6's default.

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Respect from @Francisco for what you are doing with DA and Blesta.

Blesta is pretty basic compared to WHMCS.

But the way things are moving with Oakley, if they increase WHMCS prices again, Blesta would be the only option.

Thanked by 2Ympker Egyarmy
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@MechanicWeb said:

But the way things are moving with Oakley, if they increase WHMCS prices again, Blesta would be the only option.

Keep in mind that hostbill enterprize is now cheaper than whmcs after 18 months.

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@MechanicWeb said:

Blesta may be less basic than you think, we've added a whole lot over the past few years. We certainly have more improvements to make with domains, and an affiliate system but beyond that we're mostly talking about 3rd party integrations. Blesta does a lot better than wimps on core things also, including multi-currency, paying multiple invoices, credits, and so much more. We actually innovate in areas they end up copying us on. We're gaining market share, it's going to get interesting.

edited September 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

Keep in mind that hostbill enterprize is now cheaper than whmcs after 18 months.

I stopped looking at HostBill because of their high price.

But it does seem cheaper than WHMCS in the long run. Even the Startup plan seems a lot cheaper. Thanks for the heads up!

Are you using HostBill? What are the key differences/benefits vs WHMCS?

pphillips said: We're gaining market share, it's going to get interesting.

I am not a fan of WHMCS and I whole heartedly wish you succeed in gaining more market share.

When we talk about integrations, they are all third party and are key elements, not minor, to a billing solution.

You might also want to consider a more fluid theme.

For some, less is more. Unfortunately this is not the case for the majority. I looked at the demo recently. It lacks data. No data is there to evaluate a properly working demo.

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

@MechanicWeb said:

pphillips said: We're gaining market share, it's going to get interesting.

I am not a fan of WHMCS and I whole heartedly wish you succeed in gaining more market share.

When we talk about integrations, they are all third party and are key elements, not minor, to a billing solution.

You might also want to consider a more fluid theme.

For some, less is more. Unfortunately this is not the case for the majority. I looked at the demo recently. It lacks data. No data is there to evaluate a properly working demo.

Thanks, we appreciate that very much. I'll look into the demo, it tends to get neglected and when we seed it with data the data gets stale over time. We want to have the database get seeded automatically with random data, but there's some work involved in that. A trial is the best way to go for the full experience since it's private and modules can be integrated into real servers. Appreciate the feedback!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

MechanicWeb said: Are you using HostBill? What are the key differences/benefits vs WHMCS?

Not yet, but I got a full 6 year worth of data migration quote of $300 from them if that helps.

I do plan to switch.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Blesta looks promising, infact i already bought their lifetime license (i already own WHMCS life time license) but currently using WHMCS though in near future may switch to Blesta or may even use it for a subsidiary hosting firm that I'm planning to start in near future

AnthonySmith said: Not yet, but I got a full 6 year worth of data migration quote of $300 from them if that helps.

That, came to my mind, too. Worried about how the migration might turn out. After all, billing panel is one of the most important aspects of a business.

Do you know anything about new cPanel licensing integration on HostBill?