Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UNMETERED INBOUND TRAFFIC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UNMETERED INBOUND TRAFFIC

Helo guy i need some explanation about this term

UNMETERED INBOUND TRAFFIC and
UNMETERED ININCOMING TRAFFIC

anyone can help me

actually i have several server that are UNMETERED INBOUND TRAFFIC and UNMETERED ININCOMING TRAFFIC, what are the different between this term

Comments

• They're the same thing. Unmetered inbound traffic / unmetered incoming traffic means traffic that's going to your server is not counted towards your traffic allowance. Only traffic going from your server to another server/client is counted.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

That is great for backups you can do as many as you like, only retrieving them will matter.

• @Maounique said:
    That is great for backups you can do as many as you like, only retrieving them will matter.

Good point...

• @Maounique said:

I never tought about that..!

• as i thought but i have problem with INIZ , they offer UNMETERED INBOUND TRAFFIC but stat from solusvm count for both , i have radius server that monitor my bandwidth usage

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@Maounique said:

It can also be advantageous to have your backups hosted on a different box within the same datacenter. With certain providers, intra-datacenter traffic is completely free.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@mentari said:
    as i thought but i have problem with INIZ , they offer UNMETERED INBOUND TRAFFIC but stat from solusvm count for both , i have radius server that monitor my bandwidth usage

@INIZ What is he saying ?

• @ehostlab said:
    INIZ What is he saying ?

All our nodes do not count inbound traffic via SolusVM so this should not be happening and we've had not had any tickets complaining about this so unless he is able to verify I wouldn't be able to investigate/comment further. Bandwidth graphs show both in+out but the total bandwidth count is only outbound.

• here are my prove

this is from my radius record

i also have similar package from hosthatch but their solosvm only show and count outgoing traffic only

• @INIZ said:
    All our nodes do not count inbound traffic via SolusVM so this should not be happening and we've had not had any tickets complaining about this so unless he is able to verify I wouldn't be able to investigate/comment further. Bandwidth graphs show both in+out but the total bandwidth count is only outbound.

that my prove

• @mentari said:
    that my prove

Submit a ticket so we can look up your account, the node has inbound counting disabled altogether so should not be doing so.