Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMCA ignoring Los Angeles / West Coast / other region VPSes for Proxy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMCA ignoring Los Angeles / West Coast / other region VPSes for Proxy

pluushpluush Member
edited September 2019 in Requests

Currently I'm running a proxy, especially for unblocking and privacy, shared with certain people. I do not intend to torrent actively using the proxy, nor store any copyright infringing content, but the users I share it to sometimes uses it for torrents using public trackers. I just don't want the VPS at risk of being offline, for everyone, just because someone is torrenting.

The Los Angeles location is chosen for its' proximity to Asia. Any place on the West Coast (or even out of the U.S.) that can have an okay-ish ping to Asia will be considered. Currently are subscribed to some providers but are looking to not put all my eggs in one basket.

So, currently, these are the specs I'm looking for:
KVM / Xen
1 vCore
512MB RAM
5GB Disk (SSD preferred)
1TB Bandwidth

Will be a long time customer and will order several VPSes if the performance is satisfactory. It needs to be payable with PayPal too.

Budget: max $3.5 per month. Or under $3 per (TB and IP).

PMs please, if you don’t feel like replying here.

Thank you!

Comments

• You aren't going to find any host who is going to host you DMCA ignored in the United States. I mean it's a United States law lmao. The closest you're gonna get is OVH/SYS/Kimsufi in Canada. OVH vps is the only thing you're gonna find for that budget

Thanked by 3pike malek Ouji
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited September 2019

OP, you are basically trying to find an alley next to a police station to do drug deals.

Dream on.

• deank said: OP, you are basically trying to find an alley next to a police station to do drug deals.

For $3

Thanked by 1bdl
  • edited September 2019

There is no such thing as DMCA ignored within USA borders, especially for tree fiddy. Hey can your company get sued for copyright infringement over $3.50 per month? Deal?

Thanked by 1malek
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited September 2019

theblackesthat said: There is no such thing as DMCA ignored within USA borders.

You could possibly find DC in one of those natives reservations maybe. I've heard of a few for online gambling. But of course the price will start with a couple more 0's at the end.

• @hzr said:

You could possibly find DC in one of those natives reservations maybe. I've heard of a few for online gambling. But of course the price will start with a couple more 0's at the end.

lol brings a whole new meaning to running Apache on webservers.

Even if you got an Indian reservation to go along with this, they'd still have American uplink providers and ISP's that they have to report to...Unless they have their entire own datacenter, network, upstreams, etc.

His best best would be to go with BuyVM Las Vegas as he provides CN2 bandwidth and would be lax on DMCA notices, but you'd still have to comply with DMCA eventually, he probably just wouldn't suspend your service. Also you'd have to raise your budget substantially up to 15-30$ a month probably to get that sweet CN2 bandwidth.

What OP is asking for is impossible for $3.50

• No one is going to provide DMCA ignored service in the U.S.
    And for $3?
    Is this a shitpost?

• With that huge max $3.5/mo budget offers should be pouring in any moment now!

• honestly at that budget just go for a commercial vpn instead of your own vps. ie torguard or something like that where they dont care wtf you do

• pluushpluush Member
    edited September 2019

@Goon said:
    You aren't going to find any host who is going to host you DMCA ignored in the United States. I mean it's a United States law lmao. The closest you're gonna get is OVH/SYS/Kimsufi in Canada. OVH vps is the only thing you're gonna find for that budget

Yes, I understand. That’s why, if it was hard, or next to impossible to do, I wrote other regions outside the U.S. will work too. Thanks for the suggestion.

@deank said:
    OP, you are basically trying to find an alley next to a police station to do drug deals.

Dream on.

The end is nigh. Lol.

Yeah, some cheap providers I think I know don’t forward DMCA. Even if so, I can understand why they don’t want to advertise it here... I think it’s not a bad idea to close this thread and be done.

@hzr said:

deank said: OP, you are basically trying to find an alley next to a police station to do drug deals.

For $3

Sorry if my expectations were unrealistic. I just hoped it would be... maybe possible outside of the U.S., as I’m all open for it.

@theblackesthat said:

@hzr said:

lol brings a whole new meaning to running Apache on webservers.

Even if you got an Indian reservation to go along with this, they'd still have American uplink providers and ISP's that they have to report to...Unless they have their entire own datacenter, network, upstreams, etc.

His best best would be to go with BuyVM Las Vegas as he provides CN2 bandwidth and would be lax on DMCA notices, but you'd still have to comply with DMCA eventually, he probably just wouldn't suspend your service. Also you'd have to raise your budget substantially up to 15-30$ a month probably to get that sweet CN2 bandwidth.

What OP is asking for is impossible for $3.50

Thank you for your opinion, I just thought I knew some providers who were not forwarding DMCA to their clients, and their price was... low enough that I thought the pricing I gave was kinda OKish. I would actually prefer to block BitTorrent traffic on the proxy instead, but couldn’t find a reliable way to do it. (I do not actually promote breaking DMCA.)

@AlexJones said:
    No one is going to provide DMCA ignored service in the U.S.
    And for $3?
    Is this a shitpost?

Definitely not intending for it to be. If it ends up being one, then sorry. As said, U.S. is not a must. Also, $3/(TB&IP), means a $15 service for, let’s say 1vCore 1GB with 5TB BW & 5IPv4 fits.

@james50a said:
    honestly at that budget just go for a commercial vpn instead of your own vps. ie torguard or something like that where they dont care wtf you do

I know. If commercial VPNs can provide the service to us for cheap, has not there be some way to lease the network for cheap too?

Thanks for chiming in, everyone. Even though I personally want this discussion to still be open, if this thread is better closed, please close it!

• edited September 2019

I think you need to phrase your question better and approach the situation differently.

You'll obviously have to comply with VALID DMCA complaints if the server is in USA...Find a provider that is lenient with complaints as long as they are resolved in a timely manner.

No US provider is gonna ignore complaints, but I'm sure you can find one that won't suspend you on first or second infraction and give you ample time to resolve them as long as your making a good faith effort to do so.

Look at a DMCA policy like https://www.maple-hosting.com has...They won't ignore all DMCA's just the invalid ones and they want them like mailed or faxed to them, not just spam emailed like most are.

Your best bet is to find a host lenient to DMCA's as long as you take care of them swiftly. You may also want to be straight up with them regarding what you are planning to do with server by offering VPN. They'll probably be more understanding of why you might receive more than usual. Also maybe they won't allow a VPN service on their network...better to find out up front than a couple months down the line after you have everything setup already with them and wasted a bunch of time and money

DMCA ignore sounds like you want some cybercriminal bulletproof hosting operation in USA lol

Thanked by 1pluush
  • pluush said: I know. If commercial VPNs can provide the service to us for cheap, has not there be some way to lease the network for cheap too?

They also respond to legal notifications appropriately and immediately, and represent enough business (think $xxxxx/m) to be "worth" dealing with the legal crapflood

• @hzr said:

pluush said: I know. If commercial VPNs can provide the service to us for cheap, has not there be some way to lease the network for cheap too?

They also respond to legal notifications appropriately and immediately, and represent enough business (think $xxxxx/m) to be "worth" dealing with the legal crapflood

What would they respond with if they receive a lot of DMCA complaints that comes from their clients torrenting (no content was stored on the server)? Do they inform their offending clients, disable BitTorrent for everyone altogether, or (pay someone to) let it slide indefinitely (esp. no log VPNs)? I think this is probably in their best interest to keep how they deal with it private. I just want to know if there is something I’m missing out from...

• AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited September 2019

Private internet access has dmca ignoring in NL. If you torrent over a US vpn your p2p goes there. They also have free socks proxy for torrenting. You could get a cheap vps and just use a VPN/proxy on it

• Better off getting a VPN for 5 devices off of stack social.

• @deank said:

Dream on.

technically you can do that in berlin "Pink zone"

so op if location is not must check out EU

• You know, something funny is that even in some piracy sites, * (redacted) VPN advertises there, saying it’s not safe to torrent without a VPN...

• You can't find any DMCA ignoring server located in US. If the server is located in US with IP address in US, it must complying to US law unless they want to get into trouble with law enforcers.

• BuyVM ignores DMCA, and is located in US and is within your budget.

• @jmain said:
    BuyVM ignores DMCA, and is located in US and is within your budget.

Lol. U smart dood

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2019

@jmain said:
    BuyVM ignores DMCA, and is located in US and is within your budget.

@Francisco

Difference is I am pretty sure they are a Canadian company, "Frantech Solutions is a Canadian company", doing business in the United States. They have a little more leeway, however, if their uplink has an issue and pushes it, I am sure they will work with them. I would by no means call them a DMCA safe heaven or anything like that. More so they are more likely to tolerate people who are not super abusive.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• It might be better to share a EU seedbox with your friends. This VPN thing is just pain and more pain.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • All roads lead to Luxembourg

the narwhal bacons at midnight

Thanked by 1pluush