Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't select f1-micro as instance to deploy WordPress (Google Click to Deploy) on GCP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can't select f1-micro as instance to deploy WordPress (Google Click to Deploy) on GCP

The other day I was trying to update PHP, but figured it would be simpler to just migrate the site to a new and already updated instance.

Well, while trying to do this I noticed that I couldn't select the instance type "f1-micro" as VM. Is it just me, am I missing something? The f1-micro instance is still available if you just create a vanilla VM.

I'm sure it was possible to do that a few months ago :(

Comments

• i recommend you to use shared hosting or managed vps

• @kassle said:
    i recommend you to use shared hosting or managed vps

Thanks, but I'd rather sort it out myself :)

Just wanted to tell you guys about this new "limit".

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

600MB RAM is unfortunately not really enough to run WordPress + MySQL well. Maybe a small installation with few visits a day.

• @FHR said:
    600MB RAM is unfortunately not really enough to run WordPress + MySQL well. Maybe a small installation with few visits a day.

Has been working great for me for years, it's not a big site. I currently have about 100 visits a day and the CPU mostly idles, thanks to CloudFlare's cache :)

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited September 2019

@479555 I tried just now and it's working as usual (empty VM):

In which region are you trying to deploy?

Thanked by 1479555
  • @ITLabs said:
    @479555 I tried just now and it's working as usual (empty VM):

In which region are you trying to deploy?

Go to the Marketplace and try to deploy "Wordpress (Google Click to Deploy)" on a f1-micro instance: you won't be able to do that!

The f1-micro instance is still there if you just create a virtual machine.

Thanks for taking the time to try btw.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @479555 said:
    Go to the Marketplace and try to deploy "Wordpress (Google Click to Deploy)" on a f1-micro instance: you won't be able to do that!

Yep, you're right. The smallest is g1-small.

The f1-micro instance is still there if you just create a virtual machine.

Well, you can deploy a barebones VM and use easyengine, wordops, webinoly etc. to help you setting up the stack ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to try btw.

No problem.