Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TCNHosting.com - Good price, BAD uptime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TCNHosting.com - Good price, BAD uptime

This is my first review, so please be kind.

I signed up with TCH Hosting after seeing their offer on LowEndBox. The price was very cheap and the only issue I had was that their system was not automated, so after the payment, they did not activate the service till i opened a support ticket.

That was the only support ticket I opened, but their response was fast enough.

Mistakes I made:
I signed up with their annual price so, ya, DON'T do that with unknown providers...

Good points about server:
They give what they offered.
RAM, disk usage, CPU, all are what they said it will be and their fair usage policy is good enough.
I peaked their CPU for 10 mins while compiling, but they didn't seem to mind.
Hogging 2.5 out of the 3GB still no complains.

Bad points:
Uptime is only 94.91% (monitored 19D 10h 50m)
My server gets restarted every day... So every day 10 mins to 1.5 hour downtime. Current RAM usage is 120 MB, so the server is just idling. I am monitoring it through a remote server.
No, it is not network either as the server uptime always shows bellow 1 day. Currently it is at 15 hours...

What I wanted to use it for:
I wanted to setup a disposable email server on it (incoming emails only, outgoing disabled). I normally use it to sign up on websites that ask me for my email to download files or access some resources.

Summery:
Never sign up for annual billing for unknown hosts.
Always monitor uptime before wondering why you cant access your site.
Read reviews from existing customers before going with any host.

Thanked by 3uptime ITLabs Ouji

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited August 2019

@somik said:

I signed up with TCH Hosting after seeing their offer on LowEndBox.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Most of LEB hosts are not to be trusted.

I wanted to setup a disposable email server on it (incoming emails only, outgoing disabled). I normally use it to sign up on websites that ask me for my email to download files or access some resources.

So why don't you go with a shared offer?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159806/germany-los-angeles-shared-and-reseller-hosting-directadmin-mailchannels-and-litespeed-lscache/p1 @MikePT

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159970/its-okay-if-youve-not-tried-smallweb-yet-you-still-have-4-days-to-get-20-off @Mic-hael

Edit: or MXroute

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ITLabs said:

@somik said:

I signed up with TCH Hosting after seeing their offer on LowEndBox.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Most of LEB hosts are not to be trusted.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159806/germany-los-angeles-shared-and-reseller-hosting-directadmin-mailchannels-and-litespeed-lscache/p1 @MikePT

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159970/its-okay-if-youve-not-tried-smallweb-yet-you-still-have-4-days-to-get-20-off @Mic-hael

Edit: or MXroute

Thanks mate!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • hello @somik - I am reading your complaints with regard to the uptime with a profound sense of dismay and regret. Needless to say, I am disappoint. But thank you for your first review (and if I might suggest correcting just a few typos - "TCH Hosting", "Summery" ...)

some questions - how much did you spend lose? I see a recent offer with annual price of $45 for a 4 GB RAM OpenVZ - although you seem to mention 3 GB RAM so I'm not sure which of their "deals" you got. Not that it makes much difference, but these sorts of details are generally appreciated in a review. (Sometimes people even post more detailed specs or even some sort of benchmark - imagine that!)

I do see this company also had some monthly offers on LEB dated July 26th - and some of the comments there do present an opportunity for more sober contemplation:

Random incredibly high load average despite no real load from my own processes. Support’s reply to my inquiries usually “we fixed it, try again” with no real indication of what the problem is (spoilers: the problem is almost certainly heavy overselling/overprovisioning of the hardware).

and

Downtime seems more than 50 percent … This is fraud.. not just TCN but this whole LowendBox …

Perhaps you might consider adding your own comment at an appropriate place on LEB, even pointing to your review here on LET - on the off chance that it might help someone else avoid the mistake you made of buying some cheap bs advertised on LEB without checking more carefully.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience - hopefully you will do better next time :)

And please accept my heartfelt condolences with regard to the uptime.

Thanked by 4MikePT ITLabs Ouji somik
  • Bad, bad @uptime boy. No milk and cookies for you tonight.

Thanked by 3SirFoxy uptime FAT32
  • Ticket #738273029624 has been submitted to the lowend help desk, we'll be with you shortly.

• @ITLabs said:
    Bad, bad @uptime boy. No milk and cookies for you tonight.

I have some cookies 4 u at my place bb

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime
  • Might also be useful (although entirely unsurprising) that - if I am correctly interpreting the significance of their advertised looking glass IP in Dallas - this is yet another ColoCrossing "customer" having their crap sold via LowEndBox.

If I didn't know better I'd almost be tempted to call bullshit on @CVPS_Chris and the promised "changes coming to LowEndBox real soon now" ... smh

Thanked by 2zenki somik
  • mostly leb seller oversell their shared/reseller nodes which result in high average load ( ive bought multiple dirt cheap shared/reseller from leb they are not at all ready to use for production website )like 8 core node average load is 50 so yeah frequent downtime

• @somik said:

Mistakes I made:

You went with a provider featured on LEB.

Thanked by 1somik
  • @somik said:

What are the advantages of using an email server over an existing service like temp-mail or guerrilla mail or my temp dot email, etc?

• hzrhzr Member

vyas11 said: What are the advantages of using an email server over an existing service like temp-mail or guerrilla mail or my temp dot email, etc?

they aren't already blocked.

Thanked by 2vyas11 somik
  • bugrakocbugrakoc Member
    edited August 2019

Now that all possible names for a hosting company are taken, shitshows are turning to LLLhosting pattern.

Inb4 THCHosting at this rate...

Thanked by 2vimalware AuroraZ
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited August 2019

It must be Pavlovian conditioning,
    but I cringe when I hear the names of these Random-3-Letter prefix Hosting companies.

Their business practices are as unimaginative as their names.

Thanked by 3AuroraZ uptime somik
  • somiksomik Member
    edited August 2019

@ITLabs said:

I needed a catch all email address and PHP 7.2 or higher with IMAP plugin enabled. Didn't find it before, so went with a VPS. Now found Turnkeyinternet who offers these on cPanel, so went with them.

@donli said:

@somik said:

Mistakes I made:

You went with a provider featured on LEB.

LOL, yes...

@vyas11 said:

@somik said:

What are the advantages of using an email server over an existing service like temp-mail or guerrilla mail or my temp dot email, etc?

Private, secure, emails auto deleted, domains aren't blocked, and I can get a new random domain every year to reset the spams.

@hzr said:

vyas11 said: What are the advantages of using an email server over an existing service like temp-mail or guerrilla mail or my temp dot email, etc?

they aren't already blocked.

That too

I signed up on this 3GB plan:
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/tcnhosting-3gb-and-6gb-vps-specials-as-low-as-20-a-year/

Next time I'm on my PC, I'll run a benchmark and reply here.

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime
  • somiksomik Member
    edited August 2019

@uptime said:
    (Sometimes people even post more detailed specs or even some sort of benchmark - imagine that!)

Benchmark ran:

-------------------------------------------------
     nench.sh v2019.07.20 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
     benchmark timestamp:    2019-08-29 02:50:28 UTC
    -------------------------------------------------

Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31240 @ 3.30GHz
    CPU cores:    2
    Frequency:    1600.000 MHz
    RAM:          3.0G
    Swap:         -
    Kernel:       Linux 2.6.32-042stab137.1 x86_64

Disks: