Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to migrate files between different gdrive accounts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to migrate files between different gdrive accounts

jpengjpeng Barred

I want to cancel one of my gsuite accounts (the basic version).

there are about 28GB data stored in the drive.

I have another google one disk under the personal gmail account.

So how to migrage files from the commercial gdrive to personal one store?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited August 2019

This thread may help you.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Rclone should do the trick

https://rclone.org/drive/

• I have only 28GB of data to transfer, so choosing a VPS for rclone is too heavy solution?

• kasslekassle Member
    edited August 2019

from source account share the folder you want to migrate, then use target account and do save/move/copy/add to my drive.

Thanked by 2jpeng MasonR
  • @jpeng said:
    I have only 28GB of data to transfer, so choosing a VPS for rclone is too heavy solution?

You can share + make a copy between the accounts as suggested by @Ympker in the thread I linked above.

Thanked by 2jpeng MasonR
  • If it's just 30GBs, you could run it on your local computer or get an hourly VM. Even if you copy at around 300Mbit/s, it will be done in like 10 minutes or so.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited August 2019

You don't need any vps. Just share the file / folder, and on the target account just right click > make a copy. It will just take about.... 2 seconds.

• rsync_dot_netrsync_dot_net Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@jpeng said:
    I have only 28GB of data to transfer, so choosing a VPS for rclone is too heavy solution?

You can run rclone on your local system and move data between the two gdrive accounts (or from the gdrive account to your local system, etc.) No third party required...

• I just found out rclone can do a server-side copy between two GDrive accounts (so no need to download/reupload or share folders) using the parameter --drive-server-side-across-configs.

Let's say you've configured two accounts as gda: and gdb: and want to copy all files on the first into the second. You'll issue a command like this:

rclone copy gda: gdb: --drive-server-side-across-configs

It hits the usual 750Gb daily API limit, but it's takes less than 4 minutes to move that much data.

Thanked by 1itsgoingdown