Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frontend development help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Frontend development help

Hello,
At one time, I considered myself a LAMP ( linux Apache mysql php ) developer. I used to be able to create dynamic sites using php and mysql. Front end was typically built with wordpress support.

I moved into something different (non programming) for almost 10 years... and now i see i am coming back to programming and development.

However my current needs are to develop using the modern full stack. What are some resources or courses i can start of with to learn frontend development? I am supposed to use Angular.

When i started looking into it it felt very alien compared to the original LAMP development i was doing... now it feels soo complicated and daunting. I am sure I can pick it up, but just wanna see what will be a nice learning path for me.

Any videos or courses, free or paid content welcome.

I am even willing to join some type of bootcamp if reputed.. I am located near Boston, so an in person bootcamp or virtual setting is ok.

Any suggestions and pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• @plumberg said:
    I am supposed to use Angular.

A good starting point: https://github.com/PatrickJS/awesome-angular

However my current needs are to develop using the modern...

IMHO web components are the future of UI development. They're modular, reusable and framework agnostic. If you have some spare time I would suggest take a look at it. Also, there are some interesting productivity tools around components, such as bit.

Thanked by 2plumberg uptime
  • @ITLabs said:

@plumberg said:
    I am supposed to use Angular.

A good starting point: https://github.com/PatrickJS/awesome-angular

However my current needs are to develop using the modern...

IMHO web components are the future of UI development. They're modular, reusable and framework agnostic. If you have some spare time I would suggest take a look at it. Also, there are some interesting productivity tools around components, such as bit.

Thanks I'll check.

Open for more suggestions!

Thanked by 1ITLabs