Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Registrar Alternatives to Namecheap? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Registrar Alternatives to Namecheap?

2»

Comments

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Porkbun , Internetbs and Resellerclub

• @AlexJones said:
    Cloudflare registrar

Domain Name: INFOWARS.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 4148646_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.epik.com

:smiley:

Thanked by 1kalipus
  • GuyPGuyP Member
    edited August 2019

@AlexJones said:
    Cloudflare registrar

Yea, another progressive bastion of free speech virtue signaling with their support of net neutrality, right after they drop 8chan. The cognitive dissonance is amazing.

• AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited September 2019

@GuyP said:

@AlexJones said:
    Cloudflare registrar

Yea, another progressive bastion of free speech virtue signaling with their support of net neutrality, right after they drop 8chan. The cognitive dissonance is amazing.

Yeah because so many people are wanting to host the site and after getting on bitmitigate they are back up /s. Even voxility dropped bitmitigate because they were hosting 8ch. No one wants to host them and deal with the bad press / legal issues.
    Cloudflare is one of the most liberal in terms of letting you do what you want.
    PirateBay, Booter Sites, etc. What more proof do you need?

• @AlexJones said:

@GuyP said:

@AlexJones said:
    Cloudflare registrar

Yeah because so many people are wanting to host the site and after getting on bitmitigate they are back up /s. Even voxility dropped bitmitigate because they were hosting 8ch. No one wants to host them and deal with the bad press / legal issues.

PirateBay and booter sites are not political.

Not that I support right wing philosophy. Not even sure they should be allowed to spread their bollocks, since words are a powerful weapon not to be underestimated.

Just pointing out the fact that censorship is alive and kicking in the part of the world that loves to call itself "free", "democratic" etc. It's just "played" very smartly, so most people don't realize, nor believe that it exists. The worst enemy of freedom is a happy slave.

Thanked by 1GuyP
  • I've run way from Godaddy and Namecheap for years! https://www.namesilo.com/ and https://internetbs.net/ are my current favorite ;)

Thanked by 1GuyP
  • agomezagomez Member, Host Rep

+1 for namesilo

Thanked by 1GuyP
  • I host with cloudflare because I don't advocate violence against anyone.

Works out fine.

• @bikegremlin said:

@AlexJones said:

@GuyP said:

@AlexJones said:
    Cloudflare registrar

Not that I support right wing philosophy. Not even sure they should be allowed to spread their bollocks, since words are a powerful weapon not to be underestimated.

Just pointing out the fact that censorship is alive and kicking in the part of the world that loves to call itself "free", "democratic" etc. It's just "played" very smartly, so most people don't realize, nor believe that it exists. The worst enemy of freedom is a happy slave.

There is a difference between politics and actively calling for the death of others and people promoting and applauding the killing of minorities. Voat is on CF and they have no problem because they don't allow promoting violence against others. I see nothing wrong with what CF did. 8ch receives a lot of legal requests and they are a liability.

• +1 for namesilo. Never had to look elsewhere.

• RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Host Rep

Check OnlineNIC for a reseller alternative

• @AlexJones said:

@bikegremlin said:

@AlexJones said:

@GuyP said:

@AlexJones said:
    Cloudflare registrar

There is a difference between politics and actively calling for the death of others and people promoting and applauding the killing of minorities. Voat is on CF and they have no problem because they don't allow promoting violence against others. I see nothing wrong with what CF did. 8ch receives a lot of legal requests and they are a liability.

That would mean banning most (including US, or especially that) government websites whenever a military intervention is mentioned.

Besides, most changes/revolutions do require violence as well, so if you prevent such speech, you are being political. Whether you admit it or not.

Thanked by 1willK
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Have you checked resell.biz?

• @angstrom said:

@GuyP said:

@angstrom said:
    In practice, the great majority of registrars are unlikely to adhere to some absolute notion of freedom of speech or to whatever notion of freedom of speech that you personally prefer.

You're right. Epik welcomed 8chan when Cloudflare turned them away. The Daily Stormer, since Namecheap dropped them, is using now.top which looks like a Chinese registrar. There are options out there.

Unrelated, but I find it interesting a hateful and openly racist group of people found domain refuge in a Chinese company because American companies wouldn't have 'em.

Ah, but it's certainly not because the Chinese company is a champion of freedom of speech.

If the DS started to criticize the Chinese government about their views on human rights, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Tibet, or (not to mention) freedom of speech, the Chinese company would drop the DS in a heartbeat.

Haha, no. AA is shilling for Chinese government like real hard now. Guess they must be spending some decent 'shekels' on him.

• What's wrong with taking down a neo-nazi website?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • JohnMiller92 said: What's wrong with taking down a neo-nazi website?

well, I think the logic goes:

"First they came for the Nazis ... then they came for the Incels ... then they came for the Trolls ... and then there was no one left but me."

Or something like that.

On the other hand, these "slippery slope" arguments often seem to be a slippery slope.