Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Needed for Large Data Transfer Job (~1.5TB/day for 2-3 months) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Needed for Large Data Transfer Job (~1.5TB/day for 2-3 months)

13»

Comments

• @CyberneticTitan said:

Can this work on regular GSuite accounts?

Yep, create a service account here and add the email to a team drive. Download the credentials, and pass it to rclone with --drive-service-account-file=$file

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @td512 said:

@tester4 said:
    This is a bump but if anyone else comes across this and needs to do something similar, Google Cloud itself is great. As GDrive is within the Google universe, bandwidth isn't charged and is unmetered gbit in both inbound AND outbound direction at the exact same time. I did this for the EXACT same reason as you (encrypting non-encrypted GDrive content) and worked a treat for 120TB of data.

You can also use rclone with the --drive-server-side-across-configs flag. You'll need service accounts, but it's far faster than transferring through an ephemeral host. I've seen server side copy speeds of +-25GB/s

25GBps or 25Gbps? 25Gbps or 40Gbps interface sounds right.

• @TimboJones said:

25GBps or 25Gbps? 25Gbps or 40Gbps interface sounds right.

25 Gigabytes per second.

• faizan190faizan190 Member
    edited January 2020

fresh roasted hosting are spammers!

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@faizan190 said:
    according to your configuration I would recommend you hostinger,godaddy,fresh roasted hosting,bluehost.You can get your vps here at a good affordable price.

This request is several months old and the project is complete, so I'm not really looking for more suggestions. Besides... I don't think any of the options you listed would have worked for this specific use-case? At least not cheaply.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@MasonR said:
    This request is several months old and the project is complete, so I'm not really looking for more suggestions. Besides... I don't think any of the options you listed would have worked for this specific use-case? At least not cheaply.

He is trying to reach post count to apply for provider tag. At the same time promote his own company (Fresh Roasted)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @FAT32 said:

@MasonR said:

He is trying to reach post count to apply for provider tag. At the same time promote his own company (Fresh Roasted)

Was it edited? I don't see a signature or the company name...

Thanked by 1uptime
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@TimboJones said:

Well, it was hidden between godaddy and bluehost.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2020

I smell some fresh roasted deluxe SEO special coming down the pipe soon.

• @MasonR Any reason why you didn’t just share the whole drive with your new account then click “Add to my drive”?

Just curious :]

• @doghouch said:
    @MasonR Any reason why you didn’t just share the whole drive with your new account then click “Add to my drive”?

In that scenario, I'm curious, would the files remain if the original account was deleted/busted/etc?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited January 2020

@doghouch said:
    @MasonR Any reason why you didn’t just share the whole drive with your new account then click “Add to my drive”?

For the new account to actually "own" the files, you have to use the "make a copy" option, which can only be done on the files themselves (not their directories). Would have taken way too much time.

And I wanted the new account to have everything encrypted (the original account was not encrypted), thus a straight copy wouldn't suffice.

@dahartigan said:

@doghouch said:

In that scenario, I'm curious, would the files remain if the original account was deleted/busted/etc?

No they'd be deleted I'm pretty sure, unless a "copy" of the files were made, but that's a tedious process when you have thousands and thousands of files :P

• @MasonR said:

@dahartigan said:

@doghouch said:

No they'd be deleted I'm pretty sure, unless a "copy" of the files were made, but that's a tedious process when you have thousands and thousands of files :P

That's what I assumed too but was still curious, thanks for the tip :-)

I'm at that point now where I have so much on gdrive and I do rely on it now but I'd like to back it up to another similarly stupidly cheap "unlimited" storage server for redundancy. One of these days the gravy train will end sadly, that's just how Google rolls :-P

• @TimboJones said:

@FAT32 said:

@MasonR said:

Seems to have been rectified, @PieHasBeenEaten style ...

This is the way.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @FAT32 said:

@TimboJones said:

Well, it was hidden between godaddy and bluehost.

Jesus, didn't even notice. Good catch, then.