Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Germany/Los Angeles - Shared and Reseller Hosting [DirectAdmin, MailChannels and LiteSpeed/LSCache!] - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Germany/Los Angeles - Shared and Reseller Hosting [DirectAdmin, MailChannels and LiteSpeed/LSCache!]

Comments

• @MikePT said:

MS said:

@MikePT said:
    Shared Lifetime - 2GB is SOLD OUT!

Well done, Community! And, thanks @MikePT :)

My pleasure!

141 Lifetime plans sold, all from LET and HB.

For the record: 0 orders received from LEB (we have a special there) - it's not worth it.

Should I ask about WH..oh wait..

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePT said: For the record: 0 orders received from LEB (we have a special there) - it's not worth it.

That used to be a web site with many visitors and everyone posting their comments and benchmarks as comments under the offers. Now whenever I visit LEB, I see "0 comments" under each post. Looks like it is not visited as often as it would before by the community.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ympker said:

@MikePT said:

MS said:

@MikePT said:
    Shared Lifetime - 2GB is SOLD OUT!

Well done, Community! And, thanks @MikePT :)

My pleasure!

141 Lifetime plans sold, all from LET and HB.

For the record: 0 orders received from LEB (we have a special there) - it's not worth it.

Should I ask about WH..oh wait..

1. :P

@DreamCaster said:

MikePT said: For the record: 0 orders received from LEB (we have a special there) - it's not worth it.

That used to be a web site with many visitors and everyone posting their comments and benchmarks as comments under the offers. Now whenever I visit LEB, I see "0 comments" under each post. Looks like it is not visited as often as it would before by the community.

Yeah it's not what it used to be...

• Do shared hosting plans stack?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Amplificator said:
    Do shared hosting plans stack?

Only storage

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited August 2019

MikePT said: 50GB SSD Lifetime Reseller, Unlimited Accounts, 120€ lifetime

https://myw.pt/manager/cart.php?a=add&pid=6
    Select the Annually billing cycle and apply the coupon: PHPSELEKTOR

We'll change the orders to one-time.

5 slots available.

Already have 2 LIFEs idle shared with you, and consider to get this one. However, can I have 1/2 storage for 1/2 price?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I was wondering the same thing. Can't afford 120 euros.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I tried to make pp payment a few days back and it failed. Left it for next day and eventually forgot it.

So no use even if i pay as the slots for lifetime deal is filled. Right?
    Just now I checked and invoice is still pending for Euro 9.99 lifetime.
    I hate negligence :wink:

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Amplificator said:

@sanvit said:

@Amplificator said:

Only storage

Yep! Storage only! :)

@nhocconan said:

5 slots available.

Already have 2 LIFEs idle shared with you, and consider to get this one. However, can I have 1/2 storage for 1/2 price?

@edoarudo5 said:
    I was wondering the same thing. Can't afford 120 euros.

Sounds reasonable. Send us a ticket, we'll get it setup! :)

@Intelpentium0 said:
    I tried to make pp payment a few days back and it failed. Left it for next day and eventually forgot it.

So no use even if i pay as the slots for lifetime deal is filled. Right?
    Just now I checked and invoice is still pending for Euro 9.99 lifetime.
    I hate negligence :wink:

Feel free to pay for the invoice, it'll be lifetime still if you have the order pending :P

• @nhocconan said:

5 slots available.

@edoarudo5 said:

Thank you. I opened ticket #633623.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@edoarudo5 said:

@nhocconan said:

5 slots available.

@edoarudo5 said:

Thank you. I opened ticket #633623.

Will get back to you in a few! :)

Thanked by 1edoarudo5
  • Snagged a lifetime reseller :)

Let's see how long I can idle this ;)

Thanked by 2Ympker MikePT

@sanvit said:
    Snagged a lifetime reseller :)

Til we are really old. Then we will just smoke cigars and drink whiskey. 😁

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @MikePT said:

@sanvit said:

Are you sure?

Thanked by 4sanvit MikePT uptime ehab

@ITLabs said:

@MikePT said:

@sanvit said:

Are you sure?

Or dancing like that old man. Yep!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • Got one RS yesterday and I will idle it for the 3rd life :-) Thanks Mike for adjusting the default package :-)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2019

@nhocconan said:
    Got one RS yesterday and I will idle it for the 3rd life :-) Thanks Mike for adjusting the default package :-)

So that's three RS idlers down, 2 3 more to go

Thanked by 2nhocconan MikePT
  • Thank you for a great deal! Having problems adding the reseller account on my Blesta installation (cannot create user on activation, also lists 0 account on server but could connect to API), anyone having the same problem?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @edoarudo5 said:
    Thank you for a great deal! Having problems adding the reseller account on my Blesta installation (cannot create user on activation, also lists 0 account on server but could connect to API), anyone having the same problem?

Sorry, I just put it into idle list so no action till now :-)

Thanked by 2edoarudo5 MikePT
  • king8654king8654 Member
    edited August 2019

@MikePT said:
    Shared Lifetime - 2GB is SOLD OUT

I mean, why not lol couldn't pass it up for lifetime shared with reputable company, thanks again

Thanked by 1MikePT

@nhocconan said:
    Got one RS yesterday and I will idle it for the 3rd life :-) Thanks Mike for adjusting the default package :-)

You're welcome!

If we have 7 lives as cats, it'll last for eternity.. :P

@vyas11 said:

@nhocconan said:

So that's three RS idlers down, 2 3 more to go

Crazy!!! :D don't idle! Just use those :P

@edoarudo5 said:
    Thank you for a great deal! Having problems adding the reseller account on my Blesta installation (cannot create user on activation, also lists 0 account on server but could connect to API), anyone having the same problem?

Hi!
    I've replied to your ticket :)

@king8654 said:

@MikePT said:
    Shared Lifetime - 2GB is SOLD OUT

I mean, why not lol couldn't pass it up for lifetime shared with reputable company, thanks again

Hope you enjoy it mate! :)

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2019

Thanks @MikePT I need to change the status from idle to active but that’s a different story. :-)

Did you run out of the LT plans yet.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@vyas11 said:
    Thanks @MikePT I need to change the status from idle to active but that’s a different story. :-)

Did you run out of the LT plans yet.

Yep!!! It's all annual now!

Guys, we're experiencing issues with LiteSpeed on WLA1, LiteSpeed guys messed up, full RFO will be sent. Trying to solve this ASAP.

Thanked by 3sanvit ITLabs bdl

We have sent an email to the customers hosted in WLA1:

Dear clients,

We're good. When I say we're good, I mean it. We put all our effort into ensuring that our servers are stable, running the last available software with proven security implemented. All our servers are monitored 24/7 using Nixstats, with SMS activated for 3 cellphones to ensure that in any downtime event, we catch the issue and log into the server(s) right the next minute, however, last night, we failed to do so. Here's what happened:

• We reported a bug to LiteSpeed, the WebServer process was consuming 100% of one core, this isn't quite normal considering we average 2 requests per second, whereas LiteSpeed can handle thousands of requests per second, so it was about time to report this and have them inspect our server. The access was full granted to their team and George, LiteSpeed CEO, started to debug it immediately. It was looking fairly good, the CPU usage for LiteSpeed dropped to levels that weren't, pretty much, noticeable. They were running a debug version with a, most likely, fix applied in order to solve the bug.
    • I went to sleep feeling comfortable, the server was rocking on again and I had someone from LiteSpeed ensuring that it was running properly - I thought so, in the end, the process seemed to have stopped during the night.
    • When I woke up, I ended up with several tickets mentioning that the server was down - we didn't receive any SMS, what would be the cause? Apparently the LiteSpeed process died, and we failed to notice it.
    • As any System Administrator would do, I logged to the server and started LiteSpeed, it didn't help, even the Web Admin console for LiteSpeed wasn't responding. The process definitely started, but what was it doing if the websites were still all offline?
    • Decided to reply to the ticket we have open with LiteSpeed, Lucas got back to us and downgraded the LiteSpeed version, this got the websites back online and apparently, this downgraded version seems to run properly, without any CPU constraints. They're still working on it and trying to find the root cause for the downtime, which we would appreciate, as we would love to include it in this RFO, however, we would rather have all websites online, than waiting for the RFO from them as well.

We failed here. Our monitoring isn't actually monitoring the LiteSpeed process - this makes no sense in our perspective and was a total failure towards our clients. We deeply apologize for the downtime caused and we are working on improving our monitoring for our entire infrastructure.
    Even though we cannot compensate you enough, we would like the affected clients that are on monthly and annual billing to open a ticket with us, so we can credit a month if they wish, free of charge. This won't compensate enough for the downtime, at all, nothing would, but we do hope you consider sticking with us. We're good. When I say we're good, I mean it. This was just bad luck and a nightmare for us.

Thank you for reading,
    Miguel Varela - WNDP - WebNegócio Lda CEO

Disclaimer: By no means, we want to put the fault on LiteSpeed guys. Staff is great there. Shit happens - we just need to deal with it properly.

• Next time, I'd recommens you set up a simple PHP script (something like echo 'Hello World';) and set the monitering system to check the page and see if the server is responding the correct string. That way, you can moniter both webserver and PHP (not likely to fail, bit just in case) :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:
    Disclaimer: By no means, we want to put the fault on LiteSpeed guys. Staff is great there. Shit happens - we just need to deal with it properly.

@MikePT bad part- it happened, good part, it happened early on. So now you know what part(s) work and what need work. Feel sorry for those who were affected, but if things are back online, you need a beer@

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • hope, everything will be fine :smile:

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • aaronstuderaaronstuder Member
    edited August 2019

@MikePT Transparency is one reason I will stick with a provider even after some downtime. Thanks for being transparent :)

Thanked by 1MikePT