Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mod_php Vs mod_php ruid2 which is better ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mod_php Vs mod_php ruid2 which is better ?

Anyone can tell me what this kind php type is better and faster
mod_php or mod_php ruid2, meybe any benchmark this two

Comments

• I'd suggest staying on the tried and true path, using either mod_php or PHP-FPM, if you're looking at the available options out there. The best performance gains you can attain in setting up a LAMP stack (or any of the common derivatives):

• serving static content: Anything that doesn't hit the PHP interpreter is going to improve performance (it's why Nginx is commonly used in front of Apache or PHP-FPM.
    • op-code caching: It more or less compiles your code into machine code (similar to compiling Java), such that subsequent requests to a script can be served quicker.

• If using PHP >= 5.5: OPcache is distributed by default (but distributions typically have it available as a separate package).
      • PHP <= 5.4: OPcache is available, but I'd suggest going with APC.
    • caching dynamic content: If you can, avoid expensive operations like queries to the database, writing files to disk, etc. A commonly used tactic is to cache content when possible. Does every request for a blog post require running a hundred different queries against a database? Probably not. We could cache some of that data once fetched, and serve it to anyone who fetches that page subsequently.

• php 5.3.3 + mod_php ruid2 + xcache
    php 5.3.3 + mod_php + xcache

which is better performance ?

• ruid2 hasn't been thoroughly vetted for security (its last change, 2 months ago, was a security fix, and it hasn't made its way to the sourceforge repo yet). I wouldn't trust it, and would stick with plain old mod_php without the ruid2 module.

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

suphp is better.

• AdducAdduc Member
    edited November 2013

SuPHP is nice, but it has been EOLed, and is no longer supported.