Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH - Do they provide refunds?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH - Do they provide refunds?

Hello!

As you know, it’s hard to reach OVH support and today it’s impossible to call them(they do not work on weekdays), so wanted to ask the community.

Do they have refund policy? So can I request a refund?

Comments

• why you want refund please share? :wink:

• @verjin said:
    why you want refund please share? :wink:

I’ve taken 2 different servers to test and choose best for me, so one of it I don’t need anymore.

• @hoool123 said:

@verjin said:
    why you want refund please share? :wink:

I’ve taken 2 different servers to test and choose best for me, so one of it I don’t need anymore.

From same provider? OVH?

• You wouldn't get refund for canceling just one and you should have tested with one first.

• @mrclown said:
    You wouldn't get refund for canceling just one and you should have tested with one first.

Can you tell please in more details what exactly do you mean and do I have any way now? As far as I understood, I can only cancel them both?

@verjin Yes.

• HaxHax Member

You can request a refund as long as you haven't installed anything on it including OS, otherwise you can't.

• Hmmm, many options.

P.S Anyone of you know, does PL locations has 10/1 Gbit/s too?(for example Advance-2 plan)

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@hoool123 said:
    Hello!

As you know, it’s hard to reach OVH support and today it’s impossible to call them(they do not work on weekdays), so wanted to ask the community.

Do they have refund policy? So can I request a refund?

Yes and No!

1. If failed to deliver on time then you can ask for a refund and they will do that..

2. If you pay for a server and its delivered then no refund. It doesn't matter if you can argue with them for hours..

• Thanks. I will try to contact them and see what they will tell me :).

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

if its not your fault

something like a "term" which is not declared properly in their policy and conditions, and if you point it to them
    then yes, you are eligible for a refund

i have got a refund...

but if you you are at fault, you do get any refund...

• @agentmishra said:
    if its not your fault

something like a "term" which is not declared properly in their policy and conditions, and if you point it to them

i have got a refund...

Excuse me, my fault in what? There is nothing about refund in ToS(found only 1 mention, that they can do that)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@hoool123 said:

@agentmishra said:
    if its not your fault

i have got a refund...

Excuse me, my fault in what? There is nothing about refund in ToS(found only 1 mention, that they can do that)

You have purchased two separate services. They delivered both. In what world do you think you’re somehow entitled to a refund ?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

On Dedicated machines, you can claim a refund if you have not installed any OS.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Clouvider said:

@hoool123 said:

@agentmishra said:
    if its not your fault

i have got a refund...

You have purchased two separate services. They delivered both. In what world do you think you’re somehow entitled to a refund ?

In his world, I guess. :wink:

(He joined yesterday; I suspect that he won't stay around much longer.)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • At OVH you agree during the order process, that you are no longer entitled to the right of withdrawal within 14 days.